PDA

View Full Version : exhuast

L-Plates
01-06-2006, 09:56 PM
hey guys just wondering if a dc2r exhaust,catback, will fit on my eg sedan..!?!
if i just take it to the shop can they fit it straight on or do they need to alter a lot..!!??

iv got a gli...wil the exhaust make any slight differences in performance or will it just make it a little deeper.!?!
any information on this will be good..!!
thanks

hoonda
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Any proper exhaust will see an increase in performance, simple theory: increase airflow= better performance. HOWEVER if you only get a bigger exhaust and nothing else then the 'increase' will be very minimal. Not that it would be that great on a Gli anyway, no offence but its just a powerless machine..

If you want the maximum power increase, get a 2" (or 2.25" MAX) custom pipe from your local bloke. it will only cost a few hundered $$, and should sound better, too. Any larger diameter piping, and you will lose power due to the loss in back pressure.

L-Plates
01-06-2006, 10:43 PM
yeah i dont really want power just seeing if it will make a diff...
my stock exhaust is all rusted and ratlling pretty badly so im just wanting the car to run smoothly....

hurstyboy
02-06-2006, 12:08 AM
yeah i dont really want power just seeing if it will make a diff...
my stock exhaust is all rusted and ratlling pretty badly so im just wanting the car to run smoothly....

If its that bad and your looking for just an easy and cheap way fix the issue post in the wtb and see if sum1 has upgraded from their standard system and still has it lieing around