PDA

View Full Version : Suspension - s2k

Bownce
02-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi guys I am posting on behalf of a friend.

He is comming to melb for a few weeks to buy a s2k (he is from Townsville) and he is looking to make some mods to his car before he takes it home.

Can anyone recommend a reputable workshop that will be able to give him best advise and do some decent work regarding suspension setup in Melb.

Quote from his email:

Most important though is the suspension. i'd love to get it handling before
i go, and have the back end tied down a bit better.

thanks in anticipation

So please if you have had some good work done on your suspension can you please let me know where it was done.

Thanks in advance guys :wave:

ROLLED
02-06-2006, 10:33 AM
In melb you could go to N-1 Distribution (www.n-1.com.au) I went there the other day and they are a dedicated performance shop with quite a few regular S2000s visiting them.

As far as handling goes, Everyone hails the "whilteline" front lower brace , i'm yet to get one, but everyone says that it transforms the cars handling. (www.prestigeautoaccessories.com) located in QLD. [This helps make the back end more planted]

Also as far as coil overs go, I was told Tein super streets are the way to go, because they have a better ride quality then the other japanese coilovers and are more suited to Australian road conditions. ie. they are softer then most coilovers so it won't hurt your ass!

Even better, post your question up on (www.au.s2ki.com)

Bownce
02-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Extremely helpful...it is appreciated!

AusS2000
02-06-2006, 03:13 PM
The front lower brace is nice but what really has the most effect on early model Ss is the Whiteline front sway bar. Highly recommended.

WhiteAP1
02-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Unless they've come out in the last month or so, Tein dont make Super streets for the S2k. Type Flex or RA do well (to name a few, jump on the website for more info), i personally love my type Flex set up.

If i was ure mate id call the workshop a few weeks prior,who ever he uses,either to confirm availabilty or allow time for an order to be placed and let it arrive.In my experience ive had to order all my parts, i havnt found too many suppliers that keep S2k parts on the shelf, generally takes four weeks to get from Japan(TODA flywheel and clutch comming in a week...yea for me)

Also ROLLED is dead right about S2ki.com id give a kidney to those guys for the advise they've given me(saved me time and money too)
Good luck to ure mate with his moding

PS Modproject.com.au Hes got a few S2k parts in stock ,not suspension though, check it out...great prices

ROLLED
02-06-2006, 10:05 PM
ok look i dont know that much about coilovers, i was told superstreets were avaliable, beats me if they're not!?!?!

WhiteAP1
02-06-2006, 10:19 PM
dude thats cool,i wasnt having a go at u, i read that Super streets were being developed, i thought maybe they had been released. Believe me im not here for a pissing contest, theres too many smartarses on this forum anyway,sorry if i sounded like one of them :)

kongfu
02-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I suggest your mate to go to Chasers(www.chasers.com.au)They got a s2k promote car before. there are professional mechanics in chasers. Its worth to go.

For s2k suspension I would suggest your mate go for Mugen coilover or Tanabe pro..Those 2 are really good especially the handling and performance.

PLES2K
01-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Where can i get hold of Mugen and Tanabe pro Coilovers for the s2k? Im just deciding on what coilovers to go for atm.

toE
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Prolli ask one of the traders or try one of the sponsors on www.s2ki.com

integrity
02-11-2006, 07:14 AM
bro just go AVO turbo in cheltenham and bolt a turbo on !!!

WhiteAP1
02-11-2006, 12:30 PM
This thread was started in June,i think its safe to say his mates gone back to Townsville by now.