PDA

View Full Version : Help with wiring....

EGB18CT
02-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Just doing the wiring for my b18c swap in my eg gli non vtec.

Now the b18 ecu is a p72 obd1
the eg gli ecu is a p06 obd1

now ive have just added in wires at:
A4 for vtec
A17 for IAB
D3 for knock sensor
D6 vtec oil pressure

rest is left stock eg obd1

now do i leave the rest as in plug and play?
where do i wire in the power steeing pressure switch and evap purge stuff?
aything else i need?

thanks dan.

ECU-MAN
02-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey Dan

dont forget the O2 heater to be wired to A6 ------> IGP1, IGP2, A25, B1

Evap Purg Sol goes from A20 ------> IGP1, IGP2, A25, B1

power stearing switch goes from B8 to switch, other pin of switch goes to Ground.

rest will be all taken care of with the EG loom

CRXer
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
As ECU-MAN said +
Hope u used shielded wire for knock sensor to stop any false readings.Seem to be seeing a lot of swap knock readings lately with no apparent symptoms.
If u dont have just cut it out of the half-cut harness & make sure u ground it both sides of engine bay plugs,its not continuous thru the plug,like the dizzy sensor & o2 sensor setup.

EGB18CT
03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
ive wired in the knock sensor at D3, vtec at a4, vtec pressure at D6, iab at a17, psps will be wired in as i gotta put in the subframe in so thats sorted.

Now i cannot find the evap purge solenoid! i have looked all around the intake manifold and it is nowhere to be seen, could it be i dont have the EVAP solenoid and have a mechanical diaphragm instead?

also the o2 sens i have one on the headders a 4 wire one green black white black i think and appears to be wired in already?? the second one on the cat converter i cannot get off! do i need to use this one?

also at the passenger shock tower i have 2 wires left that dont continue on into the cabin a white green and orange black?

also finally what is ment by this?

thanks again for all your help!

CRXer
03-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Dont think the JDM's have the EVAP gear,but anyway my CRX evap solenoid is on the firewall.

The orange/black is the O2 heater to be connected to A6

White/Green is volt reg(alternator) to ecu A16

My B18 only has the rear O2 sensor,maybe someone plumbed a wideband into the headers or something.the rear one is the one to use.

also finally what is ment by this?

It means O2 heater gets its power off the wire connected at A25 & B1 and is controlled by the ecu at A6,in other words just connect it(orange/black) to A6,should already be connected to A25,B1 in the engine harness along with injectors & IAC valve.

Same for evap sol. connect one leg to A20 & other to A25,B1 wire somewhere at the ecu,make sure connect it right way round,dont know eg colours so cant tell you.

EGB18CT
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
wiring is complete you thanks for ya imput tho had a fair idea what to do, but main thing it is all done! now to finish off the subframe and suspension yo! almost done! ohhh also the evap purge musnt be on my car cos there are no leftover wires at the shock towers! and the alternator reg wire i believe this is the mysterious ELD wire? so i dont need to worry about this.
thanks dan

EGB18CT
03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Anyway thanks for ya help ECU-MAN and CRXer! you have been a big help...

ECU-MAN
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
cool

so does she run ? :)

EGB18CT
03-06-2006, 07:38 PM
havnt turn her on yet lol!
gotta sort out the rear mount gotta do that up and re attach the steering knuckle which was a PIA. but yeh all is good so far, ill post up some pick of where im at...