PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light

C_I_V_I_C
02-06-2006, 12:48 PM
When i am cruising on the highway the engine light will come on i. When the light is displayed the car still goes into VTEC and there is no real signs of any problem but i have to turn the car off and on again for it to go away. I did a ECU diagnostic and got one trouble code it was 23 the knock Sensor. Has anyone had the same problem? Where is the Knock sensor so i can either replace it or check it?

qstoria
02-06-2006, 02:16 PM
which motor do you have? you mention that the car still goes into VTEC. do you have an engine conversion done on you 90 civic LX sedan? if so which motor?

[[d a n n y]]
02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
well being a knock sensor code

your car probably just had a shit bunch of fuel and just sensed it to tell u.
to take it easy

C_I_V_I_C
02-06-2006, 05:26 PM
which motor do you have? you mention that the car still goes into VTEC. do you have an engine conversion done on you 90 civic LX sedan? if so which motor?

B16A VTEC out of a 89 CRX. I cleared the trouble codes and the light has not been on since and the car seems to go a bit harder but i would like to check the knock sensor.

qstoria
03-06-2006, 02:39 AM
may have been some shit fuel then if it hasnt come back on. how many kms have u done since it came on ? did u use different fuel to what u normally use?. i have the same motor. b16a in an 89 crx sir. i only use bp ultimate 98 fuel and its never had a problem.

if you have reset your ecu and check engine light is not re-appearing with code 23 on ur ecu then you may have just been poor fuel like Danny said. now its burnt the problem may be solved.

ap
03-06-2006, 04:28 AM
i just filled up with shell tonight and engine light came on right away!
i usually pour BP.
so yea i think your right, definately something to do with fuel - probably shit fuel.

i just turn off the car and start it up again and its gone!

CRXer
03-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Check these 2 threads,

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43326&highlight=knock+sensor

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43284&highlight=knock+sensor

Common prob in swaps,knock not wired correctly.

ECU-MAN
03-06-2006, 10:39 PM
I read something very interesting CRXer posted today in another thread which could be your problem.

Hope u used shielded wire for knock sensor to stop any false readings.Seem to be seeing a lot of swap knock readings lately with no apparent symptoms.
If u dont have just cut it out of the half-cut harness & make sure u ground it both sides of engine bay plugs,its not continuous thru the plug,like the dizzy sensor & o2 sensor setup.