PDA

View Full Version : extended shifters

tanghy
02-06-2006, 02:46 PM
anybody have one / use one / interested to get one?

http://is.rely.net/1-92-22134-l-HfX3QG9Mz4e0zPnHEKIWZw.jpg

tanghy
02-06-2006, 02:49 PM
http://is.rely.net/1-149-52044-l-zq7iiXqq0HTOVui0OKmzeQ.jpg

tanghy
02-06-2006, 02:50 PM
video (http://members.iinet.net.au/~valeska/shiftervid.avi)

incoming
02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
i think my arm would get tired from lifting it up all the time ahahah

tanghy
02-06-2006, 03:00 PM
so u have the bad habit of driving 1 handed?

incoming
02-06-2006, 03:15 PM
on the street i do.. i never noticed if i do on track... i dont think i do...
have to concentrate alot more so prob on track 2 hands...

tanghy
02-06-2006, 03:25 PM
TurnFast.com, an excellent road racing resource, discusses the techniques of proper shifting in a technical article:

"Many people fall into two bad habits on the street when shifting. First, "Hollywood" has taught everyone that it looks cool to always leave your left hand on the shift knob. Wrong! You may as well tie your hand behind your back as leave it on the shift knob. Your hand belongs on the steering wheel--always. When you need to shift--shift, and get your hand back on the wheel. Don't even rest it on the shifter for a few seconds ahead of time to "get ready." Every time your hand leaves the steering wheel you've given up 50% of the tactile feedback you have from your hands, and 50% of your capability to control the car. If you're racing with other cars around you, you never know when you may get tapped. Even when racing alone, mechanical failure may cause handling trouble. You'll want both hands on the wheel when that happens."

incoming
02-06-2006, 03:32 PM
they actually teach u when going for ur L's to have both hands on the wheel

but that aint "cool" ahahha

JDC5R
02-06-2006, 05:27 PM
TurnFast.com, an excellent road racing resource, discusses the techniques of proper shifting in a technical article:

"Many people fall into two bad habits on the street when shifting. First, "Hollywood" has taught everyone that it looks cool to always leave your left hand on the shift knob. Wrong! You may as well tie your hand behind your back as leave it on the shift knob. Your hand belongs on the steering wheel--always. When you need to shift--shift, and get your hand back on the wheel. Don't even rest it on the shifter for a few seconds ahead of time to "get ready." Every time your hand leaves the steering wheel you've given up 50% of the tactile feedback you have from your hands, and 50% of your capability to control the car. If you're racing with other cars around you, you never know when you may get tapped. Even when racing alone, mechanical failure may cause handling trouble. You'll want both hands on the wheel when that happens."

Its very interesting this is said. However some racing drivers drive with one hand why is this? Although its very very rare. Interesting never-the-less ...

this item will greatly increase the ergonimics of the dc2rs shifting so you dont have to reach all the way down there for the gear lever anymore. Cars like the new civics s2k and the dc5 is realtively better in this regard

Jase EK
02-06-2006, 05:47 PM
interestin shifter.. where ya find the pic n clip ?

Limbo
10-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Alright you've got me where do i get one? Also it will increase the shift distance right?

aaronng
10-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Don't you watch Initial D's machinegun shift? It's so fast that you can't see his hand leave the wheel to shift!

ekslut
13-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Alright you've got me where do i get one? Also it will increase the shift distance right?

Actually they have been designed to keep the shift distance the same as a stock shifter.

bennjamin
13-06-2006, 09:08 AM
so are you selling this shifter or what ?