PDA

View Full Version : ls integra over heating

oldschool tegra
02-06-2006, 08:57 PM
my ls integra has been overheating every now and then and most places i take it to have told me there is nothing wrong or made me buy things that didn't fix the problem.

the air con pipes have been snapped from previous owner and when it over heats i lose any power in the car, eventually the temperture would drop back down. i have replaced everything including thermostat and cap and radiator top plate but i don't know what to do.

one other question, which way should the fans be blowing? towards the engine or towards the radiator? any help would be great. thanks

ECU-MAN
02-06-2006, 10:39 PM
if you hold a peice of paper in front of the radiator the fans should suck in the paper into the radiator. not blow it away.

was the core of the radiator ever cleaned
did you use a genuine thermostat

spanks
02-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Has any one checked the blades on the water pump?They corrode and end up circulating no water..loss in power while overheating is not a good sign..does not do rings or bores any favours

SKREMN
03-06-2006, 01:49 PM
you havnt done a head gasket or anything
do you loose any water?

oldschool tegra
03-06-2006, 03:15 PM
i loose coolant constantly. thanks the fans work fine. today i found a split hose behind the engine that is spitting out coolant. i will replace this hose and then see if it is still happening

vtegra
03-06-2006, 06:42 PM
i had the same problem and it ended up being a small hose that leaked coolent, but bc it went on 4 so long and didnt know wat it was, the head gasket was ***ed but slowly getting worse n worse

Limbo
03-06-2006, 07:25 PM
after you finish replacing the hose try flushing the engine coolant out with plain water and then put new coolant in.