PDA

View Full Version : do EG hatch springs fit on sedans?

[[d a n n y]]
25-09-2003, 11:49 AM
do Eg springs fit on both hatch and sedan ?

and do EK springs fot on EG models?

wynode
25-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Not sue about EG to EK, but EG sedan to EG hatch shouldn't be a problem.

bengbear
25-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Not sue about EG to EK, but EG sedan to EG hatch shouldn't be a problem.

EG Hatch and EG sedan can be interchanged
EG and EK can be interchanged
EG and DC2 can also be intechanged

Just note that EK and DC spring rates are higher than EG, since they are heavier animals

vti-2
25-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Yeah, the springs in my DC2 will fit straight into an EG. As bengbear said though, they have different rates due to the weight difference of the cars...

[[d a n n y]]
25-09-2003, 03:34 PM
ah...ok thanks

Setanta
25-09-2003, 03:38 PM
EG springs will also fit to an EF/ED but if you want to switch the front shocks then you must use the EG upper wishbone (which bolts straight up :))

So I'm guessing that you can EK to an EF/ED as long as you use the EG wishbones as well ;)

VTEChnique
01-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Another question: Will DC2 ITR springs give my EG5 a firm ride ? my OEM springs are sagga baggy... I want about 1.5" drop .. ??

anyone done the ITR spring thing before ?

vti-2
01-10-2003, 04:37 PM
What do you consider firm?

I'd say the ITR springs are damn good considering the number of guys/girls that take their stock ITR's to track days.

bennjamin
01-10-2003, 04:55 PM
stock ITR springs are certainly a good thing...the doods at honda never intended ( ok , so maybe they did) for the ITR to be modified at all...its quite a ecellent stock package.

In saying this...I have currently ITR springs with Bilstien adjustable shocks...drops my height about 2 inch all around, but a very good ride as well. If u can find them get sum stock itr springs/shocks - quite stiff and mated with a rear sway bar/ strut bartie bar im sure it will be stiff as hell !

BTW ...have very grippy tyres on the back lol...oversteer in a FWD is quite hard to control :P