PDA

View Full Version : 4 Point race Harness in DC5R

DC5TYPER
03-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Has anyone put one into there DC5R. I've bought the Sablet 4 Point Bolt in Harness. Havent try to fit it yet but would like to hear from anyone who has try'd it previously to see if it just bolts in or modifications are needed.

Cheers Guys

aaronng
03-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Don't know if this is obvious to you but run your harness straight to the back. Don't run it to the floor behind your driver's seat.

DC5TYPER
03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
I know what agles to mount it too. I just want to know if there is holes already in the car where the bolts can mount too and if anyone has done it already. I haven't try'd yet cos I'm too busy. And also if I should bother incase they is no holes to bolt into at the rear seats location. After a quick look it looks possible to do on the front seat, but without taking out the rear seats I dont know weather I can do it or not. Thats why I would like to hear from other people that may have already try'd this before.

arron
04-06-2006, 12:12 AM
are the anchors points under the rear seat? so ull have to remove the rear seats to get to them..

Felix
04-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Hope you have roll cage....!

Q_ball
04-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Arent 4 point harnesses illegal on st cars as in case of an emergency, it makes it more difficult for people to get out of em?

Felix
04-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Arent 4 point harnesses illegal on st cars as in case of an emergency, it makes it more difficult for people to get out of em?

thats why he must have a roll cage.
4 point harnesses are only legal if you have a roll cage. A harness without a roll cage is EXTREMELY dangerous, as if you roll your car and are on the roof you have no esay way of "sliding" out of the seat belt therefore would be getting crushed slowly!!!!

Q_ball
04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
ahhh, icic!
cheers y0!

DC5TYPER
04-06-2006, 03:47 PM
It's not going to be used on the streets. Only on track days :wave:

Felix
04-06-2006, 04:38 PM
It's not going to be used on the streets. Only on track days :wave:

Doesnt matter, still illegal and highly DANGEROUS (if the car doesnt have a roll cage) if you were to ever roll the car while wearing the harness...
I would very strongly suggest that if you want a 4 point harness that you get a roll cage.

Cr@ckerJ@ck
05-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Doesnt matter, still illegal and highly DANGEROUS (if the car doesnt have a roll cage) if you were to ever roll the car while wearing the harness...
I would very strongly suggest that if you want a 4 point harness that you get a roll cage.

Speaks the truth ^
You would be better off with a srs seatbelt.

DC5TYPER
06-06-2006, 07:00 PM
End of the day, if Cams request your have a 4 point safety harness when using semi-slicks then I'm not gonna tell then im better off with SRS Belts or watever because they wont let me onto a track. This is why a bought a 4 point harness and I want to know if it directly bolts in. I didn't start this thread for opinions or other reason.

integraz
06-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Theres a talk about this in Clubrsx forum
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=390098

You can mount where the rear seats are, somewhere around there; more info in the link

Felix
06-06-2006, 09:18 PM
End of the day, if Cams request your have a 4 point safety harness when using semi-slicks then I'm not gonna tell then im better off with SRS Belts or watever because they wont let me onto a track. This is why a bought a 4 point harness and I want to know if it directly bolts in. I didn't start this thread for opinions or other reason.

Check here - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36595

As i said if you are going to use your harness DO NOT DRIVE on a race track or on the road without a rollcage!!!
I'm sure that CAMS will not let you on the track if you dont have cage to go with your 4 point harness.
It is common sense that if you roll while wearing a 4 point harness without a roll cage then you could easily be trapped in your car while your spine is slowly and painfully getting crushed! Whereas if you have a normal seatbelt then you can easily slide out one side... And is easier for bystanders to help you out of your car/seat.

At the end of the day though, its up to you if you want to try to race with your harness and no roll cage then go ahead. If you become a quadraplegic then thats your own stupidity...

vtml
06-06-2006, 11:53 PM

hahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahh ahaha........

I have done over 20+ track days, and not once was I requested to get a 4 point safety harness. I would strongly suggest you to read the CAMS rule book closely. All modern cars are required to have a 3 point safety harness equipped in the car, ie normal seat belt. You do not need a 4 point safety harness.

Racing harness and roll cage are required for race meetings, or any other meetings that require Level C licenses and above.

vtml
06-06-2006, 11:55 PM
On another note, Turn 1 and Dandenong Road at Sandown are 2 spots that people tend to roll their cars when they run off the track.

DC5TYPER
07-06-2006, 06:53 PM
On another note, Turn 1 and Dandenong Road at Sandown are 2 spots that people tend to roll their cars when they run off the track.

LoL I was only warned about dandenong road. HEHE