PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Civic Vti - Exhaust Question

Tigger
04-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Im thinking of getting an exhaust and while the Mugen exhaust would be ideal, i dont have a spare $1100 lying around.

I want a little performance improvement and a slightly better sound while the engine is revving... hence, the exhausts i've been looking at are the twin loop styles made by Xforce - Round and Oval.

My question is, has anyone fitted those exhausts to the 8th gen civic? Which of those fit better? And what inlet size will i need for my car model?

Any help concerning the exhaust of the new civics would be much appreciated! :)

JaCe
04-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Someone told me there's an HKS one for <$700 but I don't know how good it is nor whether it fits easily or what...

I'm also in the same boat as you- I want to improve the exhaust sound of my car, but think that $1150 or so might be a tad on the expensive side when you see generic ones much much cheaper. Only thing is, don't wanna do anything which'll void my warranty so I'm thinking it's either bolt-on or nothing.

JaCe
20-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Update: I'm even thinking of just putting titanium tips on to both save money and effort. But sigh, that doesn't solve the problem of the weak noise from the 'environmentally friendly' engine we have. I'd laugh if someone fitted a mugen exhaust to the Civic Hybrid.