PDA

View Full Version : what size? need help!

dns
04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
howdy ozhonda-ers. my audio question for today is what speaker size to get. i will be buying 6.5inch splits for the fronts and im not sure what for the rears. eventually there will be amplifiers and subs. so i was wondering does it matter if i get 6x9s at the back or normal 6inches for now? any info/advice will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
:honda:

mugeneration
04-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Well seeing what you have stock would be a good start. Do you know what you have? If not, what model and year are you driving? Usually just prelacing whatever is stock seems to be the way to go.

A lot of people go for 6x9s coz they give good cheap bass. So without a sub itll sound good. But as you say you will be getting a sub and amping them later so that doesnt really matter.

My reccomendation is to replace whatever you car has stock, itll be MUCH easier, quicker and cheaper for you.

integraz
04-06-2006, 04:54 PM
No it doesn't matter if u get anything for the rears, u can get any normal 6inchs for the back [pioneer, focal etc], but if there already 6x9s then u could replace them,
But if i was you i wouldnt change the rears, because u'll heavily fade them to the front anyway, the rears are onli for rear passengers to listen to.. unless your making Dolby surround 5.1

Also get sound deadening around those front speakers, it would sound much better.

And then later get those front splits amped up.

quangsta
04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
yerr get some good decent splits at the front....replace the rears with whatever and get a single 10 or 12inch subby max...please.....i know its only my personal opinion but too much bass is point and plus the 10-12 has perfect sounding bass...nice and tight...just da way u like it *^_-*

dns
05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
ok kool ill be replacing then. on a budget so going with the jaycar precision response kevlar ones:)

integraz
05-06-2006, 07:30 PM
good choice of splits

bungsai
05-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Very good choice of splits.

Pm me for good prices.

On a budget my suggestions would be

Jaycar Response Kevlar Splits Up front.
Jaycar Resonse 4 X 100Amp
Jaycar Response - 12" Dual Voice Coil Carbon fibre sub

If you MUST have rear speakers, get the splits and run them off the sub. You may even choose not to run the tweeter if you dont want too much sound or treble from the rear. I would stay away from 6 X 9's if you are planning on decent sounding system, they tend do suck and be uneccesary if you add a sub.

This is all my opinioin though man.

Good luck with it.

integraz
05-06-2006, 09:34 PM
If you were go on the budget, what bungsai said seems to be very good, except for the Jaycar Response sub.

With the Jaycar Response amp- priced at 300 bucks
And with a Sub: I would recommend either the JBL, Pioneer 306c, which can be had around 120 bucks, which is cheaper than the Jaycar and would sound around the same, but if u were willing to spend the same price as a Jaycar i would go Alpine Type-s, DD1012, JL audio.
Not saying the Jaycar Sub isn't good, but at that price u could get better, because Jaycar don't have massive sales, therefore the price cant go as low as the JBL and Pioneers.

bungsai
05-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Integraz, dead seat truth, the JBL, pioneer alpine all have a bigger buying power than Jaycar.

That said, i am so pro because of the prices i can get...contact me and i can tell you where and how...or get it for you...

That said, im pretty sure the pioneer 306c isn't a DVC sub and can't be run at 2Ohm, though i know the type S is, but its only a 10 inch :S...and im not sure how much hehe.