PDA

View Full Version : EG Hatch Driving Lights - Mounting

revNhevN
04-06-2006, 04:41 PM
I would like to know how the EG hatch driving lights attatch to the bumper. The reason i ask is that the left vent of my bumper is cut out for air flow to my air filter.

Do i need the vent to be in tack or can i still mount it without the vent?

pocketrocket
04-06-2006, 04:49 PM
if you take off your bumper, I believe there will be mounting holes for the bracket of the driving lights that are actually moulded into the bumper itself. If its cut just like mine, i doubt the holes where the screws go will be there anymore unless the person hadnt cut the mounting points.

angel
10-06-2006, 12:40 AM
If you bought your driving light brand new, it should come with mounting instruction, the moulded vent-look on both ends of the front bumper of EG are for the mounting/home for the driving lights, the moulded/vent-look must be cut out, But if you do not have the mounting instruction, dont just cut it, because some of the plastic is for mounting the screws of the driving light metal frame. If unsure, better take it to a mechanic who knows (EG by heart)EG driving light mounting. Or, you can take your time, study how it sould be mounted, have a good look as to how far you need to cut the plastic vent-look, study the positioning of the mounting screws. Good luck, thats all i can share.

destrukshn
10-06-2006, 01:30 AM
start cutting but only small and get bigger slowly, trial fit the fog lamp and see what else needs cutting, you can kinda line up the mounting points from just look at the bumper and the lamp.
its not that hard, just a tad time consuming