PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP... DIZZY PROBLEMS EG5 from compression test

MAN16V
04-06-2006, 06:14 PM
`hey ppl i need some fast help tonight because i got to go to work in the morning and no car no work... i was doing a compression test on my car and i was following the workshop manual and took the HT leads off after marking them and got my reading from the test and put new spark plugs in and hooked it all back up... no i am geting no spark straight from the dizzy at all what the go with that....can any 1 help me please...

EGB16A
04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
i'm running through the same problem at the moment. ie. no spark. Please be sitting down if you call honda for a replacment dizzy price. They are super expensive:thumbdwn:

ECU-MAN
04-06-2006, 11:03 PM
dont think you have to replace the entire dizzy

you may have damaged the coil or ICM

how are you testing for spark

bennjamin
05-06-2006, 08:56 AM
you should of disconnected the dizzy too - IMO you have fried the ignition coil or ICM as ECU MAN has said.

This happens from constant "starting" (for example , doign a compression test or trying to start with low fuel etc) ~ it overheats the internals and then wham its fried.
About $180 either unit is the normal price it seems IF thats the case !

MAN16V
05-06-2006, 08:03 PM
problem solved the coil pack shat it self from over heating and exsesive cranking from test... price $175 for pack and ignition control module was fine... chees boys... good luck with your EGB16A