PDA

View Full Version : CB7 Exhaust Replacement

scott1e
04-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi there,

After months of turmoil and corking my ears I have finally racked up enough cash to replace my exhaust, which shouldnt really be legal.. It has rust up the wazoo and sounds like a bitch..

Anyhow last time I bought this topic up I was reccomended to get a 2.25" Mandrel Bent exhaust with a random muffler tip and after a bit of research was quoted $350 for it..

However after speaking to TRU32U more recently he reccomended a 2.25" Press Bent with twin tip for $260..

Can anyone give me any advice on such exhaust systems (cat back) as well as some rough quotes and or places that do them in Sydney?

Cheers,
Scott

SiReal
06-06-2006, 09:13 AM
hey mate, i cant give you a quote, but mandrel bent offers best airflow. But take a step back, and look at the use for thsi exhaust. the accord isnt a race car and doesnt require high flow this and that. You're a cruiser with the occasionaly squirt of the accel. whatever exhaust system you get will probably be better than ur stocker anyway,

so my advice, get the TRU32U recommendation. Twin tips look way better than a cannon anyway, adds that little more class..rather than look like a lancer. Also, saves u money to spend on other things that matter as well.

$260 i think is a good price. I can't imagine the price varying too greatly, and with petrol prices, it would be silly to be driving aroudn too much looking for that extra $20 discount.

Tobster
06-06-2006, 10:23 AM
It's true that mandrel bends offer best flow, but unless it's going around more than 90 degrees, in reality there isn't much difference from a press bend -- and given the price difference, sometimes it's just worth going with a press bend. But it depends on the style of exhaust, the car, and ultimately what you want...

scott1e
06-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Well SiReal pretty much summed it up for me.. Im a cruiser with the occasional squirt of the accelerator..

As it is, my exhaust scrapes when I go into my driveway so Im going to have to do something about that but then I have another problem.. My car is stock height, however everytime I load the car up with my mates, it basically drops down to the ground.. It often scrapes over speed humps and other such humps.. The only reason it could be doing this is that my springs are too loose right? Again, they are stock so could anyone reccomend some decent springs/suspension that wont break the bank? Im not looking for top of the line stuff, just something thats works and works well..

If anyone has another explanation for my lowering problem then hit me with it..

SiReal
06-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Decent suspension? hmmm.... if ur not going to get ur car lowered, i would look at OEM replacement shocks with OEM springs. Or even lowering springs that do like 1" lower (ur stock shocks should be able to handle this lowering height).

If ur looking at sports suspension, i would probably jump onto US ebay and pick up a 2nd hand set of coilovers or even shock/spring combo and just bare the price of postage. parts foer ur car are scarce downunder and ordering anything new would be too expensive.

even ebay aus has OEM replacement shocks for sale.

edit: I think ur suspension is finished or unless u have really big mates :)

scott1e
06-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Well my mates are quite fat****s lol.. The ones that usually ride with me either way 100kg+ or damn near 100kg..

Im not actually keen on advancing my suspension.. I just want to replace it with something a little better than stock which will hold the car a little higher when people get in.. Its too low atm :P

SiReal
06-06-2006, 02:46 PM
yeah thats pretty huge. imagine if everyone was 100kg x 5 = 500kg = 1/3 of your cars weight. Maybe you can enquire with monroe or pedders (even though they're debateable) and get urself a set of heavy duty shocks and springs. but u'll have a very stiff ride in that case.

egSi
06-06-2006, 04:16 PM
most suspesnion companies make OEM spec replacement suspenion or near OEM spec mate.

pm me if your interested.

SiReal knows his shit :thumbsup: