PDA

View Full Version : Jazz

A'PEXi
25-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Interesting little pocket rockets hehe :) anyone have one modded yet?...

vti-2
25-09-2003, 06:17 PM
I've seen a few modded ones in Melbourne, they are nice little cars. Wouldn't mind a boosted one as a daily driver. :P

toE
25-09-2003, 06:57 PM
have seen 2..one with rims and the other with both exhaust and rims.

test drove dem once b4 when they just came out. nice little car...not mah cuppa tea though!!

ride was quiet..smooth.
suspension wasn't all that good, kinda soft!
interior was good, normal, but good. bootspace was huge for that sized car!!

might be nice for a femme, but i cant see myself driving that thing daily. even if it's souped-up.. :)

Setanta
25-09-2003, 11:04 PM
I like them - a fun car and the styling is prettier than the current Civic. I have a feeling the Japanese will have really pumped these with engine mods - I just wish we got the 3 door.

Question: Why does Honda keep moving away from the fun low entry cars - 2 door, powerful, fun etc?

Civic Si
27-09-2003, 10:07 AM
I've seen a modded Jazz be4!

Black with angled N1 style muffler, slammed with big Enkei G-Zeros! :D

Civic Si
27-09-2003, 10:14 AM
My friend's GF's got a Jazz and so does his brother.

Both black VTi's in manual. I've driven his GF's Jazz and it wasn't too bad. A nice inner city type little car. I wonder how the auto CVT would go like? 7 speed short gear ratio! :D

I tried to convince his GF to get da VTi-S Jazz. The VTi-S looks good with the nice factory bodykit, foglights etc... 8)

Tofu
05-10-2003, 11:58 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/pf930418049175aae235658029fb583c3/fc78aa9b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/p1343de37e5b65ec8372162f367401859/fc78aaaa.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/pa06789d1d6d8a5fc6077a5f365038597/fc78adfe.jpg

toE
06-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Zeal?? wasdat?? :shock:

Civic Si
06-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Nice Jazz wit da Zeal sticker..! 8)

I have no idea what Zeal is too hehehe :?

AP1 F20c
06-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Zeal is a division of Endless. Zeal is concentrated on Suspension Manufacturing. I'm astonished. http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/product/zealindex.htm

A'PEXi
06-10-2003, 09:30 PM
who's jazz is that tofu? :)

godzhitman
06-10-2003, 09:39 PM
The jazz is a funky car. Seen a couple of "modded" ones here in melb. Looks sweet on the road.

Tofu
06-10-2003, 10:53 PM
yep, that's right...Zeal are associated with ENDLESS but they deal mainly with suspension components...

that Jazz belongs to a friend of mine..
he's got Fujitsubo Power Getter exhaust in those pics
since then he's got Enkei RP- something or rather wheels, and Mugen wind deflectors...

:lol:

i'm sure ppl in Brisbane have seen him around...

toE
07-10-2003, 01:17 AM
yep, that's right...Zeal are associated with ENDLESS but they deal mainly with suspension components...

that Jazz belongs to a friend of mine..
he's got Fujitsubo Power Getter exhaust in those pics
since then he's got Enkei RP- something or rather wheels, and Mugen wind deflectors...

:lol:

i'm sure ppl in Brisbane have seen him around...

get him to come on here an dpost more recent pics.. :)

mo
07-10-2003, 01:20 AM
the jazz is fun car man!!
who knows what's the delay in the shifting in that thing onthe wheel?

A'PEXi
07-10-2003, 11:27 PM
yeh more pics when its done :)....

Jus-10
25-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just joined and have been reading through a few posts....

Just to let you guys know, I have a modded Jazz (or am in the process of fitting parts), and I think I know a few of the other members here....

I have a 2003 VTi in white with the following mods:

A'pexi Power Intake
Buddy Club P1 Racing Rims in Titanium Silver - 16x7 with 195/45 Goodyears
Buddy Club P1 Racing wheel nuts
Buddy Club Spec 3 cat-back exhaust
Cusco Vacanza Z-wagon super-low coil-vers
Philips Diamond Vision Headlights.

A lot of the parts are still sitting in my lounge room because they have all just arrived from Japan and I ned to find some time to get it all fitted up.

Other mods I will be doing is fitting an A'pexi VAFC2 when I can find a black one and tinting the windows...

I have also found a heap of strut braces from J's Racing and am waiting for the distributor to get back to me with some prices.

Apart from that it will just be little DIY jobs. I am in the process of getting the parts so that the lower part of the tail lights actually work.

So yeah that's about it.....for now anyway

The car is awesome and I don't care what anybody says about the Jazz...I love it :D

J

coladuna
25-03-2004, 06:26 PM
I love Jazz Vti-S.
I think there's a new option for Jazz now.
My sister brought a brochure because she's interested in buying one and there was this front grille option and it looked cool. Much better than without it.

BTW, got any pics?

A'PEXi
25-03-2004, 07:11 PM
pics mate :D sounds like a nice jazz

Jus-10
25-03-2004, 07:44 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=392

The above is a link to the only pic I've got (so far).

I know the grill you're talking about - it's a Honda Access item. Not my cup of tea. I prefer my cars subtle and clean, that's why I didn't go for the VTi-s.

Not that a slammed white Jazz with charcoal rims is 'subtle', but I like to retain the factory lines of the car.

If anything, I would go for the Mugen grille, or just the EP3 Type R badge which replaces the standard chrome one perfectly!

ahshing
14-04-2004, 02:22 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=392

The above is a link to the only pic I've got (so far).

I know the grill you're talking about - it's a Honda Access item. Not my cup of tea. I prefer my cars subtle and clean, that's why I didn't go for the VTi-s.

Not that a slammed white Jazz with charcoal rims is 'subtle', but I like to retain the factory lines of the car.

If anything, I would go for the Mugen grille, or just the EP3 Type R badge which replaces the standard chrome one perfectly!

hihi,

I am actually one of the lovely Jazz owner from Brisbane. I am actually from Hong Kong and driving a Vti model which I plan to get some heavy modification. I did bring some parts from Hong Kong as it is pretty cheap and more to choose from.

What I have modified so far,
- SPOON radiator, oil caps
- mugen window visor

What I plan to do this week,
- install V-AFCII after I have replaced the trust air filter and 2 inch cat back to N1 exhaust system

What I plan to do next month,
- Mugen Grille will arrive next month
- RAYS SS7 16inch alloy wheels(hopfully within 6 weeks)
- J's racing strut braces( I need your help about price quoting pls).

Jus-10
14-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey another Jazz owner!

About bloody time...there aren't too many here and I have no one to share ideas with!

What exhaust have you got on your car? Is it a brand name or just N1 'style'?

Let me know how you go with the V-AFC 2 as I was considering this, but have been having second thoughts and have now been looking towards to the Greddy e-Manage instead. I am very interested to see what difference the V-AFC2 makes.

IHow cool are the J's Racing strut braces? They have like 5 in total! Are you going to get all of them?

The best person to speak to about the strut braces is Tanghy as he should be able to hook you up. I actually ordered the Spoon front strut brace and lower arm brace through him a couple of weeks ago. The prices were excellent and were actually cheaper than the J's Racing equivalent...I haven't received the goods though yet...

I actually sent the Australian distributor for J's Racing an e-mail - they are based in Singapore - and they never got back to me. You might have a bit more luck if you wanna try them direct.

What colour is your car? What colour rims are you getting?

If you are after any other parts like suspension or things along those lines, let me know. I also have links to heaps of sites with parts and everything like that. Here is a good one if you're interested:

http://fit-souhonzan.or.tv/

Justin

A'PEXi
14-04-2004, 11:06 AM
ahshing, which part of bris are you from?....

Tofu
14-04-2004, 11:56 AM
hey there ahshing, i think i might have an idea who you are
i'm also from Brisbane...
does Centrax ring any bells?
anyway...lovely to see you modifying your Jazz...
i know there's 2 or 3 others here wtih Vti-S and are tracking their Jazz at queensland raceway...
one of them does a 67s.... :shock: considering some stock dc2r and dc5r does +70s

I currently have a Jazz VTi because i'm waiting for my car to be fixed from Honda dealer...
the Jazz is a great fun little car to drive...but still won't sell my dc5 for one.. :)
hope to catch you all Brisbaneites some day..

Tofu
14-04-2004, 12:07 PM
btw, you can get a black VAFC-II from ebay
they are selling for US$285
so it might end up to be around $490 when it gets in...(without tax)

Jus-10
14-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey Tofu have you got any other details on the Jazzs running around up in QLD?

I will be taking mine to the track when everything gets finished and would be interested to see what they are doing up there.

Tofu
14-04-2004, 04:37 PM
the Jazz that did a 67s at QR had Varis CF hood, stock wheels with Toyo RA-1, VAFC-II and i think with Trust replacement air filter....and that was all
i couldn't believe it myself..
but he will be getting Mugen suspension soon i think

muli
01-05-2004, 10:25 AM
does anyone know where one can get the centre console replacement part that allows you to install aftermarket headunits and a new windscreen wiper control stick that allows you to adjust the intermediate speeds

Has anyone heard anything about bigger mags voiding warranty on the jazz. Cause one of my mates works at honda and he says that bigger mags will possibly damage the EPS and something about bending the steering rack. But supposedly it voids warranty.

thinking about doing something to the air-intake and exhaust but how load do these things get, do they make the typical tincan exhaust crackle when accelerating that hondas with VTEC do?

Jus-10
01-05-2004, 05:11 PM
The only way to get the parts you are after is if you can get someone to buy them through Honda Japan, that is, you need to know someone in Japan.

I have tried getting parts through local Honda dealers (I have the part numbers and everything) and they refuse to do it unless you have a VIN number and its an Aussie car.....

I have spoken to Honda about the whole wheel issue too and got the same story. To be honest I think its all bullsh*t about the EPS, however yes it will void your warranty for your steering/suspension.

As far as the EPS goes, I think it would depend on how heavy your rims are. If you are running 18inch chrome rims then yeah for sure you might damage it, but if you are running light-weight 15s or 16s, then there won't be a problem as the weight won't be much different to the stock wheels. Just take a look at all the Jap Jazz/Fits getting around...there are heaps running around with 16s, some with 17s and I've even seen one with 19s.

I have never heard of anyone having EPS problems - this story has only come from Honda, but then of course they will never recommend putting aftermarket/bigger rims on anyway...nor will any manufacturer.

If something does happen, put your stock rims back on and take it to the dealer to get fixed....easy!

Intake is a good mod...I love the A'pexi job and at $250 it is pretty good value. It's not heaps loud, but it still sounds pretty awesome when vtec kicks in. Exhaust wise, you can make it as loud or as quiet as you want and different mufflers will give different results. Being a LEV and not a performance based vtec engine don't expect it to sound all tinny like some other DOHC vtec engines, but then it all comes down to your muffler!

Let me know if you need any help with anything else....

J

iwky_77
14-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wanna add something...

Funny my friend in Japan just said Mugen's next model will come with 17inch rims... So I suppose 17inch is still in the 'safe area'.

Actually mine use 17inch now, and as far as EPS concerns, no damage or whatsoever so far. :)

P.S: Has anyone of you know where to get a plug leads and performance sparks for Honda Jazz?

Jus-10
16-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I can't see the next model coming with 17s...it's a big step up from 14s, and even now Mugen is only making 15s for the Jazz?! The Dynamite runs 17s, but its also got the K20A too....anything could happen I guess

Don't think you will be able to get plug leads (I have never seen any) as the ignition uses coilpacks mounted above the spark plugs so you would need to change the entire ignition system I think.

"Performance" sparks won't do jack. If you are running a turbo or a worked NA setup then you would go for a colder spark, but otherwise it's not worth the hassle. If you must, I believe Spoon do some but I think they are essentially a NGK item running a few degrees colder or something.

petrovski
18-05-2004, 07:35 PM
hey,

you can add me to the list of jazz owners
ive got a vti-s manual :)
neat little car

i have been thinking about modifying it for ages but have had no idea where to start until i read these forums and also the fact of warranty :(

so i'll keep planning until the warranty runs out (i really need it):? :x

however its great to here that there are guys and girls finally turning the jazz into some real pocket rockets

cheers pete :)

Jus-10
19-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Excellent...another recruit!

Man don't worry about warranty...just make sure the stuff you get is bolt-on, that way, on the odd chance that something happens, you simply put the original part back on and take it to the stealer!

Too easy!

If you want a bolt-on exhaust for your car, I have a Buddy Club system going cheap. It's all stainless steel and everything and got it shipped in from Japan. Let me know if you're interested...it's going REAL cheap! (It only has about 100kms use too)

For other bits and pieces, Tanghy is your man. I got some Spoon strut braces through him - doubt whether they would void your warranty but they are easy enough to remove in any event!

There are plenty of little things you can do without much hassle, so PM Tanghy to get prices, or let me know what sort of parts you are thinking of as I have researched and looked in to pretty much everything for the Jazz and should be able to help out.....there is so much stuff out there it's crazy!

J

A'PEXi
27-05-2004, 03:16 PM
piccies everyone :D my sister is looking at buying a jazz possibly in the near future.... the vti, quoted around 25.... anything to look out for?

Jus-10
27-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Sounds expensive....sure it's not the VTi-S?

Or is it the VTi with Auto? Manual VTi is about $22,000 on the road no deals (that's what I paid anyway)

Progress pics of mine are coming after I meet up with Fultank tonight for a photo session...

Nothing really to watch out for at all. I have had zero problems with mine since I got it in December. They come with pretty much everything you could want/need including a pretty decent stereo.

Just make sure you speak to a few dealers as the price can vary by about $500.

Everyone here knows I love it and I'm not missing my BMW yet either. It's a top little car.

I know this is a Honda forum and all, but the Mazda 2 Genki (sp?) thing looks like a decent package too for the same sort of price as the VTi-S. Also Mitsubishi are bringing out the Colt in the next couple of months and that looks pretty funky too with its 1.5 MIVEC engine and CVT auto and the same sort of power as the Jazz. Just a few thoughts....

mo
27-05-2004, 04:32 PM
The Mazda 2 looks really funkyyy as!! but the centre bit where the handbrake etc is IS very plain IMHO!

A'PEXi
27-05-2004, 11:28 PM
yeh sorry, its an auto, that would explain the price i think... arnt mitsubishi going bankrupt or something in aus? :P

Jus-10
28-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Nah...just the Oz plants are struggling (one has closed)...it's just part of Mitsu's world-wide plan to down-size a bit.

Their cars will still sell here...

**Ghost**
28-05-2004, 12:32 PM
hye just wondering is there actually a "performance" jazz in japan? or is what we have here what they have?

Jus-10
28-05-2004, 02:45 PM
No performance Jazz/Fits.

We are the only country outside of Japan to receive the 1.5vtec...even then, most people in Japan still get the 1.3 DSi. Other countries call it the 1.4 (UK S.E. Asia) but it's the same thing.

They also have 4WD versions in Japan but it's more for safety (read snowy conditions) more than anything.

I also believe that they don't get the manual in Japan - not that I have seen anyway. Though I have heard that the manual was developed after Spoon created their little Fit endurance racer.

Other than that, they are mechanically the same. There are just heaps of other cool things that they get like power fold mirrors, swivel front passenger seat, auto climate control, sat nav, different colour interiors, little luxuries which would be good to get a hold of.

They also have about twice as many colours to chose from as well

Model codes are as follows:

GD1 - FWD with L13A (1.3) - we get this
GD2 - 4WD with L13A
GD3 - FWD with L15A - we get this
GD4 - 4WD with L15A

petrovski
02-06-2004, 07:06 PM
hey

so i put airhorns in the jazz today - something different :D :P :shock: 8)

i almost had a crash with my brother in the driveway ages ago and i was hitting my horn like a maniac and he said he didnt hear it so i decided airhorns :P

was interesting to do. it took me hours to get them to fit but it was worth it.

to make it fit i had to custom make this bracket for the three horns to fit. the air compressor part i just bolted to the original horn mount. and was interesting with the wiring.

i'll get some pics later when i get my camera back n ill post it up :)

it was a bugger of a spot to get to though becausethe horn is in the front right guard. You had to take it off like you would replace the headlights.

Was fun to do so i thought id share it.

Pete :)

Jus-10
03-06-2004, 09:13 AM
That's funny....all the guys in Jap seem to replace the horns and I never knew why?

I always thought the horn was pretty decent for a little car...

Was it easy to get the front bar off/on? I have been wanting/needing to do it to run a cold air feed, but have been hesitating because I wasn't sure if I could get back on straight.

Get some pics up soon so we can start a Jazz gallery!

petrovski
03-06-2004, 11:18 AM
i cheated :oops:

i struggled for hours figuring it out through the inside of the wheel arch!

i jacked it up wiht the trusty honda jack and took the wheel off so i would have room to work.

i was going to take the front bar off but also had the same hesitation about getting it back on. However when i had the jazz for a bout 2 months i was sandwiched in a crash and i got $11500 damage. Why it wasn't written off i dont know but the front bar on the passenger side took a hammering and ive been worried because of that also.

to be honest i think it would be just bolts here and there because where i earthed the horns was one of the bolts of the front bar.

when i take the photos i'll tyr and find them all as well ;)

ill try for this afternoon but if not tomorrow

edit:

ive got heeps of pictures of the horns so i'll pm one of the mods to help me with it and ill post it up in the DIY articles

Jus-10
09-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Check your PM Pete...

muli
12-06-2004, 11:10 AM
anyone know how to take off the sideskirts, the front lip and rear lip off the VTis, the front and rear seem to have ribbets(sp?) so taking them too off is too much trouble i guess.

petrovski
12-06-2004, 02:26 PM
muli: do you mean the spoilers and skirts or the actual front and rear bars??

because all the spoilers and skirts are held on by just bolts and screws, as for the actual front and rear bars i havn't done that yet

this is a link Jus-10 posted. its in japanese however, from the pictures you can work out how to take the rear bar off. the link is in the 7th post on the 2 page or this- http://fit-souhonzan.or.tv/
you click on the tool box in the middle of the page on the rights side and it take you to a DO IT YOURSELF page and then you click on the tail lights that have both the top and bottom lights lit up and there you will see how to take the rear bar off

muli
12-06-2004, 02:38 PM
i only mean the spoilers and skirts, i tried taking the skirts off but there is some two funny clips at either end of the skirts inside of it that somehow unclip but i dont know how and dont want to break them but of course that would give me reason to replace them

ahshing
12-06-2004, 10:12 PM
hihi Tofu,

I am sorry to say that I am going to sell my Jazz Vti as I probably plan o go back to my home country and I am going to sell the rest of the parts both new and used one!!

See u all Jazz owners!!
:cry:

Hope I can still discuss with all u guys later.

Jus-10
15-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh no...we've lost one!

Our numbers are dwindling...

TypeG
16-06-2004, 12:33 AM
someone know where I can get Mugen full front and rear bar in Australia?

Jus-10
16-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Fo genuine, PM Tanghy for a price. It will be pretty pricey if you are after the full replacement bars (they look nice though), but Tanghy is your cheapest bet.

N1 in Melbourne would probably do it too, but I would say it will be very expensive through them.

TypeG
17-06-2004, 12:04 AM
there is no copies still? coz i do see one in melbourne.

Jus-10
17-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Hmm...the only copy I have seen is the add-on spoilers, not the full replacement.

I can't remember where it was though

muli
17-06-2004, 07:11 PM
im thinking of changing the muffler on my vtis put im not really sure about which one to get, could some of you guys with aftermarket exhaust bits on your jazz's record the sound of your exhausts when acclerating? please please :x

Jus-10
18-06-2004, 02:29 PM
I sold my Buddy Club system so no can do anymore.....

Sorry mate.

I have heard another one with just a generic cannon muffler and it sounded like my BC3 only 10 times quiter. They seem to produce a really nice, deep tone.

I am now probably going to go for the xforce twin-loop.

Do you want loud, quiet. Do you want it to look subtle or out there (a cannon tends to stand out a fair bit)

muli
18-06-2004, 05:34 PM
well after listening to this muffler, i know my jazz will never make such a noise but is anything sorta high pitched possible?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7442

Jus-10
18-06-2004, 09:18 PM
hehe...that sounds pretty cool. Don't be put off by the shopping-cart image of the Jazz.

My BC3 sounded similar to that..just didn't get the real "angry" sound from vtec that's all.

If you are after a higher-pitched note I would probably say a cannon is going to give you the best result.

J

P.S. I'm running the stock zorst now with just an A'pexi intake and I kept up with a H22A prelude last night ;)

coladuna
19-06-2004, 10:30 AM
P.S. I'm running the stock zorst now with just an A'pexi intake and I kept up with a H22A prelude last night ;)

:shock:
Let me just confirm. Are you saying that you kept up with a H22A Prelude with a Jazz?
If so, you've got to be joking. As if Jazz can keep up with H22A Prelude.
Either the other driver didn't even try or he's a real crap driver.
Without a drastic mod, I highly doubt that Jazz can keep up with Prelude.
81kW vs. 147kw is too much of a difference even when you take into account the weight difference.

As a Prelude owner, I'm very offended. :D

muli
19-06-2004, 11:43 AM

whats the apexi intake sound like?

TypeG
19-06-2004, 03:00 PM
true true...... but auto or manaul also mak the different. Predule most ppl race up their car tho so weight is an very important issue. LOL

coladuna
20-06-2004, 12:15 AM
I don't see many riced up preludes at all. Even if it weighs more, the Jazz still has no chance IMHO.

BTW, do you guys know that the Jazz is getting a facelift in October this year?

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/130E2C705D924EF4CA256EB40026D5B0

Totally put me my sister from getting the Jazz. Either we will wait for it or get Citroen C2.

gelo
20-06-2004, 12:47 AM
jus
is ur jazz the one with all stickers down the side
coz i was diring in my parents beloved camry(not..) and a white jazz zoomed passed me on the other side of the road
and i was like
woah mad jazz

mo
20-06-2004, 12:57 AM
jus
is ur jazz the one with all stickers down the side
coz i was diring in my parents beloved camry(not..) and a white jazz zoomed passed me on the other side of the road
and i was like
woah mad jazz

I think "fueltank" has encountered that white jazz before...asian driver?

Jus-10 has two spoon stickers on his jazz :P

A'PEXi
20-06-2004, 02:03 AM
I don't see many riced up preludes at all. Even if it weighs more, the Jazz still has no chance IMHO.

BTW, do you guys know that the Jazz is getting a facelift in October this year?

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/130E2C705D924EF4CA256EB40026D5B0

Totally put me my sister from getting the Jazz. Either we will wait for it or get Citroen C2.

doesnt look like much of a facelift lol

TypeG
20-06-2004, 02:51 AM
anyone know if we can get mp3 player for our Jazz when we going to buy a new Jazz at dealer?

coladuna
20-06-2004, 04:28 AM
doesnt look like much of a facelift lol

Which is why it's called facelift. GLi engine get power increase and overall the new shape looks way better than the current one. Go to honda japan website if you want to see the new shape, i think there are quite a lot of changes. Especially like the new honey comb grille for the VTI-S.

Jus-10
20-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah I was just bullsh*tting about the 'lude...NOT.

The guy who drives it is on these forums. It was manual, but yeah he probably wasn't the best driver, but even still, it wouldn't be considered a "driver's race", so I'll take it!

The A'pexi intake is pretty good. Made a noticeable difference to engine response and it sounds pretty good at WOT.

The new updates sound pretty decent and would be well worth waiting for. Alot of good little advancements seem to be mentioned in that article like climate control and improved fuel economy etc. I am keen to see the extra colours. Sounds like it will be a much better car if the prices stay the same for the VTi and up models...

I'm p*ssed off now...I always a charcoal one...but then there is always something new coming out.

There is currently no MP3 option for the Jazz, but there may well be on the updates....

coladuna
20-06-2004, 10:00 PM
The new additions sound good but I'm not sure if any of it will be standard.
I looked up Honda Japan website and even in Japan the climate control was optional. The keycard access was also optional.
In terms of features, I'm not sure if there'll be any extra compared to current model. Nonetheless, it's worth waiting for 2-3months.

TypeG
21-06-2004, 12:47 AM
if the price stand, i may wait for few months. ANyone know when it will be out. What changes are there since new model headlights and taillight are always very easy to get aftermarket one to swap over and changes for the kits like front bar and grill can be upgrade from aftermarket kits.
Just my own opinion but I still prefer getting a new model. LOL

Jus-10
21-06-2004, 08:28 AM
It will be interesting to see what Honda Australia decides to bring out here.

I went through the Honda Japan site last night, and like TypeG and Colunda said, I too am not too sure what will come out as standard.

I seriously doubt if we will have the option of the keycard thing as I can't see Honda using the Jazz to introduce this new technology (it could happen though). We won't get sat nav or anything like that...it's not even offered in the Accord, etc out here.

In fact, if anything is an option in Japan, I would hazard a guess that it won't be offerd out here at all.

It does appear however that rear disc brakes may come on the 1.5s....

The new LED tail lights look pretty good, and the new colours sound good, but apart from that, I'm not too keen on the new look front (esp the VTi-S variant), but then I would have to see one in the metal to decide for sure.

Also, check out:

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/04fitmt/index.html

Heaps of new parts available for the Jazz/Fit now including exhaust manifold, new bodykits, interior bits and pieces, strut brace....

coladuna
21-06-2004, 11:55 AM
According to the carsales article, it appears that climate control and keycard access will definitely make it to australia. It'll probably be an option though. I reckon the new model is much better looking than older one even though the changes are not dramatic.
Also, the improved fuel consumption is a bonus.
I'm very interested to see what alloy wheel come with VTi-S.
Anyway, just for the sake of resale value, I reckon it's worth waiting 2-3 months.
Naturally, if there were two 2004 Jazz and one of them was the updated model, that one will probably be worth a bit more in the end.

Jus-10
21-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah I would wait too. It would be well worth it. It's not as if they are going to take stuff away.

Don't believe everything in that article though. Climate control was available on the old model and was not available here.

It also mentions that the new car will come with ABS and EBD.....the old one came with that.

It also looks like the upper-spec models in Japan come with xenons as well...I doubt we will get those either.

My opinion is that if something big is an option in Japan, it won't see the options list here. Check out the options for all Hondas in Australia and they are usually crappy things like gold emblems, roof racks, exhaust extensions, etc.

The wheels on the VTi-S will probably be the same as those on the kitted upper-spec models in Japan.

It will be very interesting to see what Honda does either way, as I guess it depends on the direction they wish to take with the car. Start fitting it out with climate control, auto entry and the option of sat-nav and you have a much better spec'd car than the civic. Price will be a major issue. With the Yen falling over the past month, you would see a fully spec'd Jazz costing as much as a Mazda 3 (the next class up). There is no way the car will come with these types of things as standard at the same price and I can't see Honda offering a "order your own" approach where they custom build the Jazz to your own specs with climate control, etc. It would be too much hassle for what is only their entry-level car. We just don't have the market for it out here compared to Japan.

That said, we will just have to wait and see.....

On a side note, I just remembered that the Oz government is reducing import taxes on new cars as of 01/01/2005. Perhaps Honda may use this tactic to keep prices at a similar level, but offer more equipment. Hence why they are waiting until the end of the year to release it.....

TypeG
21-06-2004, 01:13 PM
omg.... I am studying my master course and will finish next year and I have to wait another year for that. =( Thta's bad. How do you think of the resale value for Jazz? Is it hold good? Coz I may just buy one and drive since waiting to the end of the month is not worth for me coz I just have an year left in Aus. Also the LED lights should be able to swap over from the old one so not a problem at all i think.
But so bad it did have mp3 player as an option.

Jus-10
21-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Resale seems to be pretty good.

And yes, the LEDs should be able to be swapped over to the old shape. No doubt the guys in Japan will be on to this in no time and it will be pretty easy to find a DIY, part numbers, etc. I don't think it will be a straight plug and play swap though.

If price is reasonable, I want to do it before they release the update in Australia.

Jus-10
21-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Just out of interest sakes, I e-mailed Honda Oz for more details. They said they can't give out anything yet...not even a release date.

I found all the options on the Jap site so we can get a bit of an idea of what they will cost.

HID - 52,500yen ($690)
Climate COntrol - 42,000yen ($552)
Folding Mirrors - 21,000yen ($276)
Sunroof - 84,000yen ($1105)
Keycard entry - 47,200yen ($621)
Side air bags - 47,250yen ($621)
Sat-nav - 304,500yen ($4006)

Based on these prices I think it would be pretty safe to say that the cost in Australia will be an easy 50% more should they even be offered. (some of the parts I just included for interest - they have heaps of other cool stuff that will never come here like LED lighting inside).

I spec'd up an equivalent to our VTi which retails currently at about $22k on the road. This included the climate control, key-card, sat-nav and HIDs. The Jap version would cost just under 1,800,000yen or about $23,500, or about $19,500 minus sat-nav.

The margins seem way too small for the climate control, etc to be offered, and I can't see many people forking out $1,000 for a keycard system on a $19,990 car.

Just some more info for you prospective Jazz owners to look over more than anything.

muli
28-06-2004, 07:16 AM
would putting a current model type-r muffler onto my jazz do any damage to it or improve performance at all?

Jus-10
28-06-2004, 08:37 AM
To be honest I don't think it will do too much either way.

I had thought of this, but then to go to the trouble of finding a Type R muffler, and then the expense, you could have just got something else which will probably perform a bit better anyway.

I'd say if you don't want noise, then stick with the stockie....it does a decent enough job already.

TypeG
28-06-2004, 01:19 PM
true
but mostly ppl only go for the look only for some non-noise muffler
but u can wait for the HKS n1 silent muffler for jazz which is nearlt the same db as stock one and is totally legal.

Anyone interested for order a mugen bar from oversea? I asked my frd to ask the price for me now.

Jus-10
28-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Silent N1 hay?

I'd like to see that! hehehe

Which Mugen bar are you looking at? There are 3.

muli
28-06-2004, 03:09 PM
To be honest I don't think it will do too much either way.

I had thought of this, but then to go to the trouble of finding a Type R muffler, and then the expense, you could have just got something else which will probably perform a bit better anyway.

I'd say if you don't want noise, then stick with the stockie....it does a decent enough job already.

well i got given it for free so just wanted to know if there was anyway i could use it:D

also anyway of putting 5-stud pattern mags on jazz, anykind of way changingit from 4 to 5

Jus-10
28-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Oh if it was free then yeah you could use it....why not?! Do a bit of experimenting and see what happens. If you don't want to muck around with it, send it to me and I'll try it out.

This is only a guess, but I assume you want to go 5 stud so you can put some sort of Type R rims on it yeah? I would like to put charcoal DC2R rims on mine....

The Dynamite runs 5 stud and I believe the 5Zigen modded Fit runs 5 studs as well (I can't quite remember), but both of these are using Brembos.

So yeah it can be done....just don't ask me how. There might also want to look at adapter plates. I don't know where you get them but they do exist.

It seems like way too much hassle for me when you can get pretty much any wheel you want with the current setup...just not Type R rims

muli
28-06-2004, 04:01 PM
i sorta looked at the muffler off my car, gotta wait till the weekend but i dont think the b-pipe is wide enough on the jazz, the bolts seem to join in the right place but there might end up being space between the b-pipe and the dc5r muffler, looks much thinner than the DC5R connenection point, would it be possible to weld a adaptor so the pipe would be similar to size as the jazz's original?

just wondering if any of it is worth the trouble but i guess doesnt hurt to try. I've looked at a few mufflers, spoon and mugen ones but they seem to be quite expensive but i guess there is no other option unless i want to chop a bit of pipe and well a universal muffler on which i dont want to do.

the type-r mags i would really like to put on my car from my mate's type-r :x . Rang honda up today just for the fun of it, new type-r mags are around $930 per wheel :cry: why this expensive i have no idea.

Jus-10
28-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Any competent exhaust shop should be able to fit it up for you, and you're right, the diameter of the piping on the DC5R muffler will be bigger.

I'm interested to see what it looks like.

You're right, all the brand name bolt-on stuff is expensive. If you don't want to chop up your factory gear then you have 2 options. Leave it stock, or bite the bullet and pay up. Fitting a generic thing isn't so bad. It will cost you half as much. I'm looking at getting the x-force twin loop now that the BC3 is gone.

$930 a rim is ridiculous......man that is just sickening. You would be better off getting some forged rims for around half that price! (If you had to pay retail for them of course).

I honestly can't think of any easy/quick way to get them on. Maybe ring a few wheel shops and see if they have stud converter adapters. If you can get the rims for free too, then you may as well check it out....

muli
28-06-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm interested to see what it looks like.

the type-r muffler?

Jus-10
28-06-2004, 04:16 PM
yeah what it looks like fitted to the car....

muli
28-06-2004, 06:56 PM
well i didnt get it to exactly fit, well it fits onto the b-pipe but the bolt holes arent at the correct point but if seems to slot on top of the b-pipe perfectly fine. also the vtis rear spoiler seemed to be a bit of a problem but it hooks around those plastic muffler support (what eva you call them) fine. so the only problem are the bolts, might have a look at it this weekend, take both mufflers to a shop. But it wouldnt take much work to get it stay underneath the car and not drag throwing sparks everywhere.

i took some pics of the two mufflers side by side, but got nowhere to post them.

TypeG
28-06-2004, 09:09 PM
i mean the one on the RED Mugen car's bumper in the mugen homepage.
my frd is helping me to ask around and will have the price soon i believe.

I think it is too much trouble for the ITR rims since yr's not a typeR anyway unless u did K20A in yr car.

I am looking to buy some rims for my car after finance it approved. will 17 too big coz D2000 rims is now around $730 which look so nice

Jus-10
29-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Yep I know the one you're talking about...

17s will fit OK, but personally I think they are too big for the car.

I think 16s would be the max as far as performance/ride goes, but yeah they fill fit no probs at all, though they will throw your speedo out.

A guy in Sydney I know had 19s on his for a while. Stock suspension and it didn't even scrub.

I have some 16 inch P1s for sale if you like ;)

TypeG
29-06-2004, 12:41 PM
i know u got some p1 but it is a bit expensive for me still
i may go for rota or d2000

FIT
01-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey pepz, i also own a Honda Jazz vti cvt 7spd. This thread is very interesting and hope there are a new headline in the honda section which can belong t0 the Jazz owner (msg to admin ;) )

muli
01-07-2004, 08:50 PM
So yeah it can be done....just don't ask me how. There might also want to look at adapter plates. I don't know where you get them but they do exist.

It seems like way too much hassle for me when you can get pretty much any wheel you want with the current setup...just not Type R rims

would something like this do the job?
http://www.club-miniban.com/noblesse/product/other2_e.html

Jus-10
02-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah I've seen that before, and yeah it probably would do the job, but check out the price man...100,000yen! by the time you get them in to the country, you could have bought a set of Rega Evos or something!

If you go down that path, you might want to look in to the legalities as well, as I'm not 100% sure they are legal. Also check the Type R rims will fit as these adapters will change your offset and everything too...

From my understanding, they use these adapters in Japan to fit wheels meant for Benzos, like Brabus, Carlsson, etc....

muli
02-07-2004, 03:20 PM
If you go down that path, you might want to look in to the legalities as well, as I'm not 100% sure they are legal. Also check the Type R rims will fit as these adapters will change your offset and everything too...

Im pretty sure they are illegal as they bolt onto your existing 4-stud system so its just a add on and personally wouldnt use it, not really keen on that, it looks a bit funny but i guess if i used the car for carshows then i guess it would be a option.

another question, where did you get your apexi power intake and how much did it set you back? what are the two sensors that are connected to the box, i thought the other one might be a air temperature measuring unit but the other one im not sure about, maybe some kind of crank flowing ??? but they are obviously required for the fitment of a pod?
How big is the inlet into the throttle body for the air intake piping?

Jus-10
02-07-2004, 03:51 PM
another question, where did you get your apexi power intake and how much did it set you back? what are the two sensors that are connected to the box, i thought the other one might be a air temperature measuring unit but the other one im not sure about, maybe some kind of crank flowing ??? but they are obviously required for the fitment of a pod?
How big is the inlet into the throttle body for the air intake piping?

OK, I got it through www.modyourcar.com.au and I think it cost me $260.

The kit includes the intake pipe, brackets, clamps, hose, everything you need. It's about a 15minute job to put in.

There is one sensor which is the air-flow sensor - this is at the back of the box and there is a whole on the A'pexi intake pipe for the sensor (you just have to use the rubber grommet from the factory box though). The other hose is just the vent/breather for the head.

Like I said, p*ss easy to do!

My car is going in on Tuesday to get a custom cold-air box/feed made up for it. It is going to set me back about $200, but there's no real point fitting the intake if you aren't going to seal it up and give it fresh cold air.

If you want noise it will be fine. If you want a crazy set-up it is going to cost close to $500 (like me - I'm stupid), or if you want performance, I would seriously consider modding the factory box man. Buy a Spoon or Trust replacement filter and modify the factory box. Run a cold air feed from the front of the car and you'll be set. It will cost you less than $200 and will probably give just as good gains as the full custom set-up whilst retaining a factory look....you just won't get the sound from a fully exposed filter...

wyl03
06-07-2004, 01:34 PM
hi everyone,
1st posting here.

:o

Took delivery of my manual black Vti Jazz last month after trading in my Golf.

Jus-10 - like the way you've upgraded your car. more pics would be nice :)
how are the Buddy Club wheels? mind if i ask - how much (or you got them from modyour.com.au?).

the first thing i want to change is the wheels. the 165/65 R14 are ..umm .. well .. shocking 8) .. also, they are too thin.
i'm looking at changing to a 15-inch rim and better tyres 185/55 (or 190?), possibly the B'stone RE040 that come with the VTI-S.
i saw on the internet someone changing to B'stone G2 195/50 R15 in japan .. that should be good too.

Jus-10
06-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi and welcome!

Pics to come as everything arrives and it all comes together....

I can't remember how much I paid for the buddyclubs. I think it was around $1,400. I haven't fitted them yet (they are still all boxed up) and they are for sale if you want *hint, hint*. They are 16inch and will still fit no probs with a 205/45 tyre. I mean 19s will even fit relatively easily!

The stock wheels/tyres are pretty shocking aren't they? Quite scary if you take a corner too fast.

What sort of rims are you after? Colour, etc? Check out the For Sale section as there is a second-hand set of forged Mugen rims for sale in white (15x7) that would be perfect for your car if you like that look. Super light too!

You will easily fit 195/50/15 on the Jazz and that is what I would be aiming for with a set of 15s.

Charcoal P1s would look great against the black with some anodized wheel nuts to add a little dash of colour....

Done anything else to it, or anything else planned?

wyl03
07-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Hey Jus10, thanks for the info.

i've seen pics of the P1s. they are beautiful aren't they? why are you selling them brand-new?
i'm actually looking for something exactly like the P1 (6-spokes), but don't want anything that is too similar to the 6-spokers on the VTI-s. would prefer silver or gold as they complement the black paintjob pretty well.

i saw the mugen rims that you mentioned. look nice but white would be a total contrast to black. it's shouting LOOK-AT-ME too loudly :D

I'm looking for 15s. Don't think I'll go for 16s. Wifey shares the car and I know i won't have much peace (from her) if the we feel every bump & hole on the roads.

Still in early stages of researching for rims. Am also looking at some Lenso's and TSW's.

I'm aiming to enjoy the car as much as possible first before trying further mods. After all, it's only barely 1500kms.

I'm thinking of possibly - strut braces, shocks or springs, with no specific time-line.

If there's anything on the exterior that I would like to change (apart from the wheels), then it's the headlights. Although they are big, I find that they are pretty hopeless for normal winter night use.
Unless there's something wrong with the set-up of my lights, they don't shine far at all!
i like this a lot:
http://www.mugen-power.com/street/04fitmt/img/banner.jpg

I've read that in some countries, they have used Eibach springs for Honda City on the Jazz. APparently they are interchangeable?

Anyway .. would be interesting to see how the jazz handles the old pacific highway or wisemen ferry road... or even the occassional trip down to narooma, or macquarie pass.

petrovski
07-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey guys,

finally have the post up about putting the airhorns in the jazz.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8142

just did it at uni between classes so hope it comes out ok.

as i said down the bottom of it if there is any problems with it or it doesnt make sense just pm and ill fix it up.

hey wylo3 :) more jazz owners the better.

with the headlights i you can get the HID fog lights form mugen but can you get the headlights like on the dynamite for it anywhere?? the headlights on the dynamite are they xenons or just another headlight??

TypeG
07-07-2004, 01:14 PM
nice, many Jazz owner here.
maybe we can request our own section.
My car will be able to pick up this week and all parts lying around in my house already
hehehehe
Anyone from Melbourne?

Jus-10
07-07-2004, 02:34 PM
I beleive the Dynamite headlights are xenons. The updated Fit in Japan has xenons as a factory option. I wouldn't mind getting the Dynamite lights if I could find them (I don't think they exist yet)

Other than that, mine are pretty crap at night too.

I have no idea if the Eibachs from the City fit the Jazz/Fit. Could be possible, but there are plenty of options for springs from the big players in Japan.

I have been in a Jazz with Tein springs and factory shocks and was a really nice ride.

So TypeG what other parts have you got lying around your house? Sounds like my place at the moment....

TypeG
08-07-2004, 01:36 AM
lol
just some meter visor and window visor and some rice interior for fit
mugen aero kit and KYB shock will be send from HK soon
and 17' rims
going to quote for carbon bonnet too
for exhuast, i will just go for some no brand stuff

wyl03
08-07-2004, 09:43 AM
cool. anyone know if the xenons for JDM Fit is available via honda locally or through the web?

TypeG - will your KYB shock go with stock springs or .. ? what's an "aero kit"?

Oh .. just remember another thing .. i seriously want to upgrade the rear drum brakes to a set of disk brakes. heard (not sure) that the new facelift jazz will come with rear disk brakes?

finally .. what sort of engine oil is best for these vtec engines?
the Honda dealer i go to uses REPSOL. the dealer does servicing every 10Ks.
i'm thinking of doing the 5K engine oil/filter change myself.

Jus-10
08-07-2004, 12:20 PM
No OEM xenons are available through Honda for the Jazz and I doubt they will come out on the update model. It is an optionin Japan and I doubt they will have it as an option here as they are too expensive. You could always just get an atermarket H4 hi/low kit, but they are pretty pricey.

Rear discs are available on the update model in Japan, albeit not all models, so we won't know if Oz spec models will receive them until Honda Oz releases more details. I was speaking to a guy who said that conversion kits are available in Hong Kong, but he wasn't sure of price or anything like that.

My Honda dealer uses 5W-40 full synthetic in my car (not sure of the brand). I get mine changed every 5000kms with a new filter.

TypeG
08-07-2004, 12:24 PM
lol
aero kit mean the red mugen jazz's full replacement front bar
the shocker are still in oversea and i dont know what springs i will use yet.

I dun think Xenon lights will be out in Aus man even in Japan but you can ask z10 if he can get one or just go for HID will be nice enough.

for the rear disk, if the new jazz got it, we can always wait a bit for some second hand parts although is is new but always there are some careless drivers total loss their cars. LOL

engine oil.... i will get back to u what i am using for mt ITR b4. That's GOD OIL.

A'PEXi
08-07-2004, 12:50 PM
btw, saw a white jazz vti-s i think it was on the way into broadbeach the other day, had a cf hood :D looked aiight - anyone here own it? :P

coladuna
08-07-2004, 05:25 PM
btw, saw a white jazz vti-s i think it was on the way into broadbeach the other day, had a cf hood :D looked aiight - anyone here own it? :P

Sounds like the Jazz I see at my gym. Did it have sticker at the rear windscreen?

iwky_77
09-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi,

Do you know where I can buy a strut braces for Honda Jazz? I mean I never heard J's racing b4. any addy or telephone?

Thanx.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just joined and have been reading through a few posts....

Just to let you guys know, I have a modded Jazz (or am in the process of fitting parts), and I think I know a few of the other members here....

I have a 2003 VTi in white with the following mods:

A'pexi Power Intake
Buddy Club P1 Racing Rims in Titanium Silver - 16x7 with 195/45 Goodyears
Buddy Club P1 Racing wheel nuts
Buddy Club Spec 3 cat-back exhaust
Cusco Vacanza Z-wagon super-low coil-vers
Philips Diamond Vision Headlights.

A lot of the parts are still sitting in my lounge room because they have all just arrived from Japan and I ned to find some time to get it all fitted up.

Other mods I will be doing is fitting an A'pexi VAFC2 when I can find a black one and tinting the windows...

I have also found a heap of strut braces from J's Racing and am waiting for the distributor to get back to me with some prices.

Apart from that it will just be little DIY jobs. I am in the process of getting the parts so that the lower part of the tail lights actually work.

So yeah that's about it.....for now anyway

The car is awesome and I don't care what anybody says about the Jazz...I love it :D

J

Jus-10
09-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Check out www.jsracing.co.jp and go to the Fit parts....

other than that, Spoon do front upper and lower braces, as do Cusco. Mugen do a front strut brace but it is so damn expensive compared to the others. 5Zigen should be releasing one too soon...that thing looks mental,

Tanghy should be able to hook you up with whatever it is you want.

wyl03
09-07-2004, 11:00 AM
hi Iwky_77,
is the avatar a pic of your Jazz?
nice wheels!
what size are they?

Jus-10
09-07-2004, 11:09 AM
yes it's his car and they're 17s.....

A'PEXi
09-07-2004, 11:39 AM

Sounds like the Jazz I see at my gym. Did it have sticker at the rear windscreen?

can't remember lol.... i would have taken a pic but i didnt have the camera with me

iwky_77
09-07-2004, 02:59 PM
hi Iwky_77,
is the avatar a pic of your Jazz?
nice wheels!
what size are they?

Yup...that's my tiny little car :D

Just-10:
Gud guessing man :D btw, thanx for the link too :)

petrovski
11-07-2004, 07:23 PM
in my searching i have found this
**hint intercooler hint**

http://fit.i-see.jp/photo/gya3/singo003.jpg
http://fit.i-see.jp/photo/gya3/singo001.jpg
http://fit.i-see.jp/photo/gya3/singo002.jpg

all ive found is this pic but no specs!

would be interesting to see them :D :twisted:

wynode
11-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Looks soooooooo like a photoshop!

Toby
12-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Thats bloddy awesome!!!! if its a chop job its a bloddy good one.....I dont think it is

wynode
12-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Didn't say it is ;)......just said it looks like one!

Jus-10
12-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Nah it's no p-shop job. They are the only pics I have seen of that particular one.

There is also an orange one that is turbo as well. Have seen pics of the engine of that, put haven't seen any specs. I don't have any pics of it either.....

petrovski
12-07-2004, 11:23 AM
havent found the other orange one . . . . . yet!

yeah just been looking around at all the DIY's and the japanese love their LED lights!!!!!

they put them in everything you can think of!

if anyone ever sees the part no.s for the console so you can replace the standard stereo could you pm me or post them up pls :)

ive just been seraching around and whoa!

the fits in japan are awesome!!

just thought id share something lol

Jus-10
12-07-2004, 11:41 AM
hahaha..still haven't found the part numbers.

I'll ask at Bel tonight.

Tanghy said he is getting a Fit badge for you too!

A'PEXi
12-07-2004, 03:48 PM
that turbo one is very nice :D

wyl03
13-07-2004, 11:00 AM
iwky77 - did you lower your car as well or just changed the rims to 17s?

curious to find out from other jazz owners - what option parts did u get when purchasing your car?
(i got floor mats and tints only)

does anyone have a CD stacker for their cars? where are they mounted?
i've got a 10-CD stacker (from my old car) which seems to be too big to fit anywhere in the jazz w/o it taking up too much space.

Jus-10
13-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I got the mats too, but that was it....everything else is, or will be, aftermarket.

Probably the best place to put the stacker may be under one of the front seats. I haven't checked it out for stacker fitment, but there seems to be a lot of room under there.

I get my car back tonight with the new shroud/box and cold air feed for my A'pexi intake, so will have to get some progress pics up...

wyl03
13-07-2004, 12:56 PM
[quote="Jus-10";p="106699"]IProbably the best place to put the stacker may be under one of the front seats. I haven't checked it out for stacker fitment, but there seems to be a lot of room under there.
quote]

dude .. under the front seats, there is no space at all. that's where the fuel tank is, isn't it?

a write-up of your experience with the Apexi mod would be welcomed! 8)

Jus-10
13-07-2004, 02:18 PM
hmmm...you could be right about the lack of room....

I just know I stash CDs under there sometimes. Not quit a stacker I know.

Will post details of any differences/improvements (if any) once I go for a spin tonight.

Jus-10
13-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Oh and just in case you guys don't notice, I managed to convince the mods/wyn to put our own little "Jazz" section in the model specific area, so make sure you are all posting things up in there now!

Woo hoo

petrovski
13-07-2004, 02:26 PM
you beat me too it justin! :P

yeah i just noticed that then!!

yay :D

thanks mods 8)

so are all the jazz topics going to get moved over including this one??

got my bayonets today so whei i eventually do put it in is it worth doing a diy in english??

Jus-10
13-07-2004, 03:04 PM
It's pretty simple....

remove rear bar
remove tail lights
drill hole in tail lights
wire up bayonet
re-install tail lights
re-fit rear bar.

If you do do an English version it will probably be the first in the world! Maybe we should do it together one weekend or something? I still haven't been able to find something that will drill a 21mm hole without hacking it to bits.....

petrovski
13-07-2004, 04:43 PM
yeah that would be cool.

i still have to get the globes, cables, joiners and some plugs but they're easy to get so i'll prob have them sometime by the end of this coming weekend.

everything is all sorted with tanghy for the badge as well 8) :D

and emailed hondar about getting the vafc2 so will see what will be happening with that by thursday :)

does anyone know what front bar this is on this jazz?
http://fit-souhonzan.or.tv/cgibin/fitphoto/img/97.jpg

is this the orange turbo jazz you saw?
http://fit-souhonzan.or.tv/cgibin/fitphoto/img/31.jpg
there looks like there is some thing behind the rear bar but not sure

also i think i like the look of the type r badge on a silver jazz now that ive seen it
http://fit-souhonzan.or.tv/cgibin/fitphoto/img/13.jpg

and some more pictures becasue i feel like it :roll:
http://fit-souhonzan.or.tv/cgibin/fitphoto/img/73.jpg
http://fit-souhonzan.or.tv/cgibin/fitphoto/img/73_2.jpg

wyl03
13-07-2004, 04:48 PM
don't like the last 2 blue cars :)

silver jazz with type-R badge looks to be on 14s (similar to the ones on my car) :D

err .. what does the bayonet do?

petrovski
13-07-2004, 04:53 PM
its the socket that holds the light globe in the rear tail lights.

i have no idea how it got the name bayonet but its pretty much just a light socket.

Sp00n
14-07-2004, 12:04 AM
cant u stash it in the glove box?
i know a guy who did that - 6 stack though

TypeG
14-07-2004, 12:20 AM
nice, we got our own section
good job mod

muli
17-07-2004, 01:09 PM
I get my car back tonight with the new shroud/box and cold air feed for my A'pexi intake, so will have to get some progress pics up...

hows it coming along?

Jus-10
17-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Not as simple or as straight forward as we thought or would have liked. I have ended up with a 3 wall shield....

I'm still working on running a cold air feed to it...

The shroud rattles like a mofo too and it sounds like the engine is going to fall out or something - not that it will, there is just a lot of metal on metal noises that don't sound too pretty...

So yeah...it's an ongoing thing for now. Not too happy at this stage.

A'PEXi
17-07-2004, 02:02 PM
the grey one looks a bit like a kazama/uras/ings frontbar... has like drift styling :D

daidoidoi
01-04-2005, 05:58 PM
huhu