PDA

View Full Version : Will this work?

Javed
04-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Hey guys,

Ok my DC2 gsi is going to have exhaust adjustments made soon. I have already bought a set of JDM ITR headers (with 2.5 collector) and am now thinking of getting ITR catback piping with itr cat i spose then finding an axleback for this. I already have custom 2.25 inch catback mild steel press bent i think (previous owner put it on) and I decided for something a bit quieter and nicer). Now I know that the cat flange on the ausdm itr cat will not fit the jdm collector size, so i plan to find a 2.5 inch flange (dc2r sold both his already :() weld it onto the itr cat, then bolt it up to the headers. From this i will run the itr b pipe, and hook it up to an itr axleback muffler of some sort. Now I am just wondering whether this will actually work for my gsi, are the pipe routes the same? Will the axleback fit my muffler rubber mounts etc? All insight is much appreciated guys.

Cheers,
Javed

[[d a n n y]]
04-05-2004, 09:27 AM
i dont think the ITR headers will b a perfect fit for your car..

cat back will work but not sure on the headers

[zeth]
04-05-2004, 09:55 AM
I don't think it will not work (i might be wrong) since you will be using the AUDM ITR cat. Apparently the AUDM cat is longer where you need a shorter cat of some sort to make it bolt on with JDM header. Perhaps get a JDM ITR cat ?

Javed
04-05-2004, 11:59 AM
I have been assured the headers will fit onto my b18B. Thanks for the help guys, sourcing a JDM itr cat might be a bit hard!

type one
04-05-2004, 08:58 PM
ok here goes... from first hand experience it should be fine hehehe....

only won;t work if you are running JDM b pipe which is longer... ausdm b pipe shorter to accommodate longer aus cat and will bolt on (though possibly not inch by inch perfect) up to your JDM extractors and ausdm cat.

shite after writing that im confused LOL