PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] tops UK's most reliable car poll

EuroDude
05-06-2006, 10:36 PM
OFFICIAL: YOU CAN'T BEAT JAPANESE CAR RELIABILITY (http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/tophundred.html?apc=3128339010848601)

Japanese manufacturers have dominated a poll of the Top 100 most reliable used cars over the past decade.

The list, compiled by independent mechanical breakdown insurer, Warranty Direct, found that every car in the Top 10, and an amazing 16 out of the Top 20, were Japanese models. The Honda Accord was at number one.

Models were ranked according to the frequency of failure and based on a database of over 55,000 vehicles. Last year, over 7.5m Britons spent £25bn buying a used car - nearly seven times the number of people who bought a new car privately.
Table Showing The Top Ten Most Reliable Used Cars according to Warranty Direct

1 Honda Accord A classy package, well put together and feels more special than the average family car. Superb engines and value for money. :thumbsup:
2 Subaru Forester Not quite an off roader, much more than an estate with a sporty edge, making it the perfect combination. Great all round buy.
3 Mazda MX-5 Blueprint for the modern roadster with sweet handling and engines to match. Extremely easy to live with.
4 Mitsubishi Carisma Despite the name, not that interesting to look at or drive, but that's not the point. Here is a no-nonsense hatchback that won't let you down.
5 Toyota Yaris Superminis don't come better. Bags of room and perky engines. Probably the best small car buy.
6 Honda Civic Solid build quality and good engines are just part of the appeal, the Civic is one of the most spacious small cars around. Great value.
7 Nissan Almera A dull package, but that's no reason to dismiss the Almera which is practical and perfect for the smaller family who need a big boot and utter reliability.
8 Honda CR-V Proof that you don't need an XXXL 4x4. Here is a four-wheel drive estate that is flexible, easy to drive and own.
9 Toyota RAV4 So few four-wheel drives are fun to drive. This car is suitably sporty, but very practical. Expensive used buy but worth it.
10 Nissan Micra The driving school favourite. Tough, fairly roomy, but with its light controls is easy to steer around town.

chunky
05-06-2006, 10:53 PM
no. asian family car = toyota camry

tanalasta
06-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Hmm... hey! my mum drives one. That Toyota Camry. It's our family car!

*grins evilly* I still prefer my own ride though.

Ferrarista
06-06-2006, 01:03 AM
seems like we got all the dodgy ones :(

EuroDude
06-06-2006, 09:04 AM
well not really, I mean mine has not had a single problem except for the rear center light which the tinting dudes forgot to reinstall properly :)
(mechanical wise)

:honda:

Ferrarista
06-06-2006, 09:16 AM
well not really, I mean mine has not had a single problem except for the rear center light which the tinting dudes forgot to reinstall properly :)

Look through this forum

EuroDude
06-06-2006, 09:19 AM
But the failure rate is very low. The other 20,000 Euro owners probably dont have a problem with the car.

Tobster
06-06-2006, 10:27 AM
seems like we got all the dodgy ones :(
You're talking about major mechanical breakdowns here -- not minor niggles over sqeaky parcel shelves and scratches on window tinting.

In terms of major mechanicals, overall there've been a few clutch issues and that's about it.