PDA

View Full Version : Interior lighting...

anfz
06-06-2006, 05:56 AM
Hey guys im after some interior bulbs for my map lights, etc they are 12v 5w ratings,now can i buy ones that will give off more light through a stronger rating ? would i need new fuses or ? also if i was to buy those white led interior lights do they give off more light than the stocks ones ? thx

spoonsir2
06-06-2006, 11:46 AM
LED interior ligths seems not as bright as the standards ones, the best options if you want brighter light is to go for the Jap ones, I know B1 makes them (maybe Taiwanese makes them too), the super white lights they are 8-12W. I have them on my car, and they work fine.

tRipitaka
06-06-2006, 11:48 AM
do the map lights share the same bulbs as the interior light ?

anfz
06-06-2006, 02:35 PM
yea there the same tripitaka ,spoonsir2 would they melt if i put a much higher rating bulb ? also where would i get some of these bulbs you mentioned ? thx

aaronng
06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
There are new LED bulbs out that are 1 watt. Much brighter than the normal LED bulbs which are only 0.1-0.4 watts. If you want it the brightest, there are the Luxeon LEDs, which are 3-5W. But not every bulb maker uses Luxeons because of the price ($7 per pop for the LED element alone).

Edit: PM'd you a link for 1W wedge bulbs.

DomenEK
06-06-2006, 05:19 PM
There are new LED bulbs out that are 1 watt. Much brighter than the normal LED bulbs which are only 0.1-0.4 watts. If you want it the brightest, there are the Luxeon LEDs, which are 3-5W. But not every bulb maker uses Luxeons because of the price ($7 per pop for the LED element alone).

Edit: PM'd you a link for 1W wedge bulbs.
That's pretty much what I've been looking for for my interior lighting as well!

Where can I get them from?

OzSir2
07-06-2006, 09:19 PM
You can Luxeon LEDs from jaycar.com.au. I imagine you need to hook it up to a resistor (the exact type for which you'll have to get their advice). If you don't want to do this how about hooking up a second standard bulb with a bit of soldering and perhaps making a special bulb holder. Shouldn't that give you twice the luminescence?

spoonsir2
08-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I've got mine from overseas, BUT I saw them in AutoBarn before.
The ones on my car are still working fine, since last yr x'mas :p