PDA

View Full Version : Help with mnounting brake lines on coilover

EGB18CT
06-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Just need a bit of help with mounting brake lines. Now i have upgraded my front brakes to integra vtir spec and added in coilovers, now the front coilovers dont have brake line mounts on them, does anyone know where else the lines can be mounted or if there are aftermarket brackets availiable? keep in mind it needs to pass an engineer too so has to be fairly decent mount.

thanks
EGB18CT

bennjamin
06-06-2006, 10:57 AM
IF for every other day you ARENT getting enginneered ~ two words.
Cable ties.

Just mate two or threee together , and make sure the front brake line sits snug sround the shock and above the fork...and tighten the cable ties to a "firm" degree. Thats it really. Ive run this style setup for a few years and no probs (even at track).
Otherwise for a "firm" replacement that no doubt an enginneer requires , id look at adopting some sort of heavy gauge cable to go thru both the bolt holes (of the line) and the front fork...DIY it son

BlitZ
06-06-2006, 11:14 AM
isnt the std teg brake line bracket removable from the original shock body?

(correct me here if im wrong)

bennjamin
06-06-2006, 11:43 AM
isnt the std teg brake line bracket removable from the original shock body?

(correct me here if im wrong)

Most seem to be spot welded on - im sure a few goes with a chisel and a hammer will free them up tho. Problem is on most coilovers ive seen sofar are picky with dimensions and wont allow for the stock bracket to fit on as well as the fork etc

Mikeyas
06-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah i had this same idea with the tein SS coilovers. Do they provide fitament or come with an area to fit brake lines too as per the standard dc2 integra shock???

bennjamin
06-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah i had this same idea with the tein SS coilovers. Do they provide fitament or come with an area to fit brake lines too as per the standard dc2 integra shock???

from what ive seen , no there is no brake line fittment (this is the case in most if not all "coilovers").
Only aftermakret "shocks" seem to have brake line guides

Mikeyas
06-06-2006, 06:53 PM
did go through a tein ss manual.. The shock construction is such that it allows for the use of the old mounting bracket to be slipped on

BRU51N
06-06-2006, 09:27 PM
lol cables ties bro, why else were they invented...

ive got cable ties on mine (plus a home made mount that doesnt really do jack all).. but cable ties havnt failed on me yet.

Redteg
07-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Don't know if this helps, since I have Konis and not specific coilovers, but what I did was remove the brake line mount off my old shock, cut a slot in the rear of it (where it can't be seen) pried it apart as much as was necessary, and fit it on the new shock. The mount is very secure and looks like its meant to be there.

You may be able to do something like this if the overall circumference of the shock body isnt too much bigger.

EGB18CT
09-06-2006, 12:43 PM
figured it out peoples was going cable ties but i need the car engineered cos i put in a b18 and full sussy and brake swap from the teg to the eg...anyway thje teg had abs sensors which the wires were bolted to the fork..simply removed the sensor an attached the brake line! thank for ya input anyway!