PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] knock knock when taking off

petsfact
06-06-2006, 08:22 PM
hi,

my 6mt euro has this light knocking noise during light take off, when the clutch pedal just about to be released and accelerator press down tat bit.

The noise can be heard and knock feeling coming through gear knob, steering wheel, seat and clutch pedal.

It feel like something is always loose when car is not moving and clutch pressed down, and got tighten up again when the car is just about to move...... any idea? :(

destrukshn
06-06-2006, 08:44 PM
sounds like an engine mount?
could be.

EuroDude
06-06-2006, 10:49 PM
My first thought was that you are using non-premium unleaded fuel and the engine was knocking, but it sounds like the gearbox may have a problem.

I would change the tranny oil and see how that goes, maybe something is loose in there.

Better still, take it to your dealer and get them to fix it under warranty :)

aaronng
06-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Yup, I agree. Take it to the dealer.

bOoStn
14-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Does it sound like its coming from the brakes? Does it happen all the time?

petsfact
15-06-2006, 01:19 PM
it sort of goes away after a night's trashing.....

aaronng
15-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Are you in sydney? Get one of the other Euro owners to listen to it with you. Or record it with one of those mp3 recorders.

Limbo
15-06-2006, 02:19 PM
loose part in the engine? airfilter not seated properly?
Have a look for loose parts. Try shaking the car whilst stationary and see if you get any noise.

Its a fairly new car/engine so i wouldn't expect an engine mount to break unless your throwing the car around and jumping speed humps (not that i wouldn't put it pass some of the guys here :cool: )

jenova
15-06-2006, 04:26 PM
I had similar problem before, it is the front brake pad making the noise when taking off. Take it to a mechanic to confirm.