PDA

View Full Version : Civic 06 Wheel alignment problem, help

yeehou
06-06-2006, 09:48 PM
TOday, I realise that my car will move to the left when i'm driving straight, and i have to keep forcing the car to the right.

I went to the honda service, they adjust it back. but i still got the same problem .

can anyone tell me why?

MiSloVic
06-06-2006, 09:56 PM
TOday, I realise that my car will move to the left when i'm driving straight, and i have to keep forcing the car to the right.

I went to the honda service, they adjust it back. but i still got the same problem .

can anyone tell me why?

did u try letting ur hands go on a flat level road? otherwise, if it happens only on bumpy /uneven roads, it is likely tamlining.. quite common problem with low profile tyres.

yeehou
06-06-2006, 10:03 PM
i try letting my hand on the flat road. in fact, i'm not sure whether it is really flat or a bit slanting. the car jus move to the left.

I'll go back to the honda service tomorrow, I guess they will jsut tell me nothing is wrong with the alignment.

vinhy
06-06-2006, 10:34 PM
thats the same thing that happen with my sister 06 civic as well. took it to honda for another wheel alignment yesterday and its still happening. my sister is taking it back to them 2moro.

yeehou
06-06-2006, 10:48 PM
did your sister pay? they charge me $66 for the wheel alignment, they said the warranty doesnt include wheel alignment

chylld
07-06-2006, 08:15 AM
i had this problem with my old hyundai getz and to a lesser extent with my 06 sport. i attributed it to the fact that on most roads the left side is slanted down to the left for drainage reasons, and so the tyres naturally try to turn the car left a bit.

how much countersteer do you have to apply? on my car it's maybe 2cm of rotation (measuring around the outside of the wheel), maybe 3-4cm on really slanted roads but not more than that... if it's more than that then you might have a problem

also, have you checked your tyre pressure? if it's lower than the recommended 32psi all round then it will emphasise the problem. i recommend buying one of the small 12v-driven air compressors from repco, i top up my pressure about every fortnight.

vinhy
07-06-2006, 09:05 AM
did your sister pay? they charge me $66 for the wheel alignment, they said the warranty doesnt include wheel alignment

nope it was for free cause a new car shouldnt do that. just complain :D

Bob san
07-06-2006, 05:08 PM
yer i noticed that on my civic too. But its probably just due to uneven/gravel road. unless yours is really severe. :eek:

vinhy
07-06-2006, 08:22 PM
came back from the honda and its still turning left but more worse now then b4 the first time they tried to fixed it. going back there 2moro to complain. they charged us free cause they said its still under warranty

Zilli
07-06-2006, 08:37 PM
some suspension shops adjust your camber ever so slightly to compensate for the camber on the left side of the road that chylld mentioned above

yeehou
07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
made in thailand, can't complain, lol

JaCe
08-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Hmm... my car veers a little but I don't think it's significant enough to warrant a wheel alignment when it could just be inclination of roads (my area has a lot of hills as well making it even harder to judge).

If I recall correctly, don't some cars have an inherent design to veer slightly to the left (Mercedes?)?

Jazzle
08-06-2006, 02:59 PM
i thought most of the cars is aligned that way on purpose

PaZzMaN-R
08-06-2006, 03:41 PM
most people will say cars have a built in design to veer away from oncomming traffic slightly but thats not correct the road is built just off horizontal for this and for water to run off the road and not pool. it keeps you safe. but it sould only be very slight. if you are actualy fighting it get a wheel alignment done i say, rather make sure its the road and not the car. your toe and other setting may be out causing uneccisary wear on the tyres and making ur car feel unlike it sould.

Jazzle
09-06-2006, 01:37 PM
to see whether the pull is excessive or normal.. just go on a highway.. let go of the steering wheel.. see how much it pulls

MKI4EVA
10-06-2006, 08:02 AM

can anyone tell me why?

Ah sheet I have this problem as well. Unless you drive the car alot you wont notice it......They probably took it around the block and didn't notice it and did fark all................

IronPriapism
12-06-2006, 12:36 AM
i noticed it feels like it goes a little too far to the left. I asked honda service and they said its a safety thing, so you're car will veer off the road if you.. fall asleep perhaps.. I accepted it as it doesnt really bother me... but more than likely they just couldnt be f**ked fixing it.