PDA

View Full Version : EG project help!?

lane-o
04-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Anyone is here turbo charged a EG si hatchback? is it worth looking into it or you think its better to convert to a B16a then get some boost? I am looking for a project to do later this year, buying a EG hatch and just looking at whats the best way to do it. :? The only other thing is doing the full Type R conversion thru Good Performance, just don't know which way to turn! Keen to hear some options......cheers guys! ;)

vuvu
04-05-2004, 06:32 PM
hey dude
lol u'll prolly get flamed for this thread cz its been on this forum a million times.. everything about turbocharging vtec.. turbochargin non vtec.. engine conversions have been covered before..
search button is ur friend :D
thought i'd say it nicely before someone jumps on and sez it
cheers buddy

lane-o
04-05-2004, 06:34 PM
yeh i could o thought so much....i don't get on here too much. Wheres the best spot to look for old threads??

lane-o
04-05-2004, 06:35 PM
yeh i could o thought so much....i don't get on here too much. Wheres the best spot to look for old threads??

madgrk
04-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Click on search :D then type in something like "engine turbo conversion" or something along those lines :D:D:D

good luck!

vuvu
04-05-2004, 06:42 PM
lol
well dude if u want my personal oppinion
turbo charge the d16a.. very good engine to turbo up... or so i've heard
waste of money to spend 5g's on an engine conversion then another 5 or so on the turbo
spend 10k on turbo and it will be reliable as...
thats the most logical way to do it if u want bang for ur buck
cheers buddy

lane-o
04-05-2004, 06:46 PM
thats what i kinda thought. Go all out on d16a.....i heard they are decent motors. I should get a custom kit for that amount o money!

vuvu
04-05-2004, 07:07 PM
yeah dude
tell me how it goes.. i gotta si as well and wanna do something with the engine...
or i mite just sell it and buy something decent like 32 gtr haha

lane-o
04-05-2004, 07:26 PM
i already got a Ek Vti-R....but want some boost. I don't want to get a cheap kit for my Ek. So i might sell it and use that money to go all out on a EG hatch.......