PDA

View Full Version : Free rev in new euro

TEMPTN
07-06-2006, 09:32 PM
To lazy to seach if this topic has been brought up!
anyways here my problem got a new euro and still in the process of running it in about 800km rite now, when the car hits vtec and i clutch in seems to me like the car is free reving for the time i put clutch in and by the i change gears and clutch out mind u the clutch is all the way in
is this normal for new euro clutches and does it go away after a while?'or should i get them to cheak it out on my first service,

Another problem ive got is i get a whining noise when i back off the throttle in 3rd gear sound like noise is comming from gear box

aaronng
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Did you lift your foot totally off the accelerator? The revs do jump a little bit when you clutch in. But it would rev til it bounces against the limiter.

TEMPTN
07-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Yep foot is off acelerator it sounds like its free reving from 5-6k when changing

EuroDude
07-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Thats normal, due to the new LEV emission requirements.

When you lift off the accelerator, the engine burns off the excess fuel still in the fuel injectors and revs about 500rpm-1000rpm more, then drops down like usual.

Its an emissions feature to cut down on pollution. But this 'feature' makes it hard to speed match properly during a quick-shift, especially when shifting from 1st to 2nd. :(

CUL8R
07-06-2006, 10:01 PM
sticky TB butterfly?

edit:
really its an emission thing? what happens if u take the gear right up to fuel cut off?

EuroDude
07-06-2006, 10:09 PM
kaboom! :p lol no it simply cuts off the fuel injectors and forgets about the existing fuel in the injectors.

Ive hit the ~5000rpm fuel cut off (when the car is stationary) and it cuts off the fuel as like others engines.

TEMPTN
07-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Thats normal, due to the new LEV emission requirements.

When you lift off the accelerator, the engine burns off the excess fuel still in the fuel injectors and revs about 500rpm-1000rpm more, then drops down like usual.

Its an emissions feature to cut down on pollution. But this 'feature' makes it hard to speed match properly during a quick-shift, especially when shifting from 1st to 2nd. :(

yeah thats wat seems to happens when i quick shift to 2nd sounds like the gears are slipping but its not

Anyone else relise this when they quick shift from 1st to 2nd and i found this annoying and started to worry me as ive only had the car for 2 weeks,

EuroDude
07-06-2006, 10:31 PM
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112249&postcount=27

Its nothing to worry about, its perfectly normal for this engine.

TEMPTN
07-06-2006, 10:49 PM
sweet 1 problems solved , by any chance no anything about my next prblem

EuroDude
08-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Another problem ive got is i get a whining noise when i back off the throttle in 3rd gear sound like noise is comming from gear box

You mean the vibration/resonating noise heard at ~2500rpm? Thats normal too.

corn_flakes
08-06-2006, 10:33 PM
haha dude i noticed that too when i first drove my euro...

i think it's just a bit different to other cars i've driven b4...

u slowly learn to completely take ur foot off the gas b4 clutching....

TEMPTN
09-06-2006, 12:48 PM
haha dude i noticed that too when i first drove my euro...

i think it's just a bit different to other cars i've driven b4...

u slowly learn to completely take ur foot off the gas b4 clutching....

Corn flakes i pretty much agree with you these are so diffrent cars and im learing and worry bout new things i find and learn