PDA

View Full Version : civic 06 body kits

jkz
09-06-2006, 12:44 AM
i currently have a civic vti 06 model and i was wondering if there are any other companies that do aftermarket bodykits for the civic besides Mugen. Also state the price of the bodykit or info if you know. thanx

JaCe
20-06-2006, 03:23 PM
There are some fake ones appearing in Asia already at considerably reduced prices; but then... they aren't clip-ons :(

Btw I've heard about this "modulo" kit and was just wondering if that's the same as the one Honda dealers sell? I saw photos of it and thought it looked similar (but never did a direct comparison).

tanalasta
20-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I thought the modulo kit "is" the one Honda sell OEM. However, for the price of a genuine Modulo, I would also consider looking at the Mugen.

JaCe
20-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Me too. The price is about the same; but then, neither the Modulo or Mugen really look that 'outrageous' or 'different' for my liking. I've decided I want something a bit... more obvious.

Bob san
20-06-2006, 06:35 PM
if i remember correctly i think the full kit from honda is $2300 or something close to it.

pics were taken from carsales.

btw what do these 'fake' kits look like? pics anyone?

jkz
20-06-2006, 07:56 PM
if i remember correctly i think the full kit from honda is $2300 or something close to it.

pics were taken from carsales.

btw what do these 'fake' kits look like? pics anyone?

do you know how much the front under spolier is meant to cost? cause i got quoted $720 with fog lights

JaCe
20-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Full Kit was around $2600 (incl. front, side, rear and spoiler) from memory; but dealers were willing to discount it at the time because they weren't offering discounts on the car itself.

The $720 price quote you got sounds about right for an official one- but not sure if it was inclusive of fog lights unless your car was coming with them already or the dealer bundled it in.

As for fake kits- they look like whatever you want. My cousins said you just show them photos and they'll manufacture it. There are a few floating around the net- look for something called "Mugen-style" or "Modulo-style". Usually they are considerably cheaper than the real thing.

Bob san
20-06-2006, 08:25 PM
As for fake kits- they look like whatever you want. My cousins said you just show them photos and they'll manufacture it. There are a few floating around the net- look for something called "Mugen-style" or "Modulo-style". Usually they are considerably cheaper than the real thing.

Really>? but these guys aren't from Aus yer? The Mugen style is that the Mugen Civic Dominator style? what extacly is modulo style?

JaCe
20-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I think Modulo is the same as the one which Honda sells?

As for which Mugen style they are... I can't really remember- one of my friends pointed out the link to me. They shouldn't be too hard to find on the net (I'm actually supposed to study tonight so I'll look tmr) but you can get everything from the body kit itself, to the grill at the front (Mugen badge sold separately). Alot of the stuff can be found on the Singaporen FD1 Club site if you're interested in ordering internationally- although I'm not sure if they ship to Australia. The only reason I look there is because my family is from Malaysia so it's not hard for us to get stuff if we go back.

Bob san
20-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Sweet. Hey man you should bring some spare goods back from malaysia. Share them along with your fellow Civic Drivers :)

JaCe
20-06-2006, 10:37 PM
If you're from sydney, know exactly what you want, and it's not a big thing (ie. I'm not gonna be carrying whole body kits back) then maybe I can help out :) In regards to body kit, my cousins have informed me the Modulo Kit RRPs (before negotiation) for around RM5100, but then for delivery add upto RM1000 depending on how you choose to bring it back. I'm thinking of possibly carrying by plane and then putting FRAGILE stickers all over it but I'm not sure if that's a safe/good idea or not. Btw RM5100 (in current currency conversions according to XE.com) is $1886.37aud.

jkz
20-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Full Kit was around $2600 (incl. front, side, rear and spoiler) from memory; but dealers were willing to discount it at the time because they weren't offering discounts on the car itself.

The $720 price quote you got sounds about right for an official one- but not sure if it was inclusive of fog lights unless your car was coming with them already or the dealer bundled it in.

i tried to find that site that you recommended but i can't seem to find it. also when you say that you just show them photos and they'll manufacture it, are you referring to customs? or is there some sort of centre that takes care of this?

JaCe
21-06-2006, 03:16 PM
i tried to find that site that you recommended but i can't seem to find it. also when you say that you just show them photos and they'll manufacture it, are you referring to customs? or is there some sort of centre that takes care of this?

Hold up let me look in one of my chat logs :)

Here's one site; http://www.sgcarstyling.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=94&zenid=56501716d7713adb1adae3ea50b4a5b8

Honda Civic 2006 FD Mugen Styling Bodykit

http://www.sgcarstyling.com/images/cmugencivic.jpg

Material : PU + FIBER

HAVE A SET PAINTED SILVER NOW ON OFFER AT ONLY $599 inclusive of installation !! inclusive of front lip, side skirt and rear skirt only!

Seems cheap right? Very tempting to buy... but then difficult to bring back to Aus and could have installation difficulties. Notice the lack of Mugen badging and the word styling?

Their other stuff for FD http://www.sgcarstyling.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9&zenid=56501716d7713adb1adae3ea50b4a5b8 is also quite tempting... $70sgd for the grill, $30 for hinge cover, or $388 for the Modulo-style bodykit.

EDIT: I rang the guy on his mobile (yes I rang international!) and he said very easy to install using clips/screws- everything included. I think I might order entire body kit since it's so much cheaper than here.

(note to mods: Sorry if not allowed to post; but this is to show what a "fake" kit would be advertised as)

As for the custom thing, my cousins in JB know all about it- if you want more info I can ask for you. They said basically you need photo or drawing of what you want, and then they will manufacture for you. I think you can even get that here in Australia but it'll probably cost alot more.

Aco3n
21-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Jace, I got the site from my friend as well, just afraid that the copy one will be wavy and cost heaps for the installation. (happened to a friend of mine, he ended up wasting his money)

Anyone from singapore know the reliability of this company?

JaCe
21-06-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm asking on the Singapore FD1 site... that site is full of people who've already fully applied bodykits and ICE upgrades. Damn their cheap labour and thin profit margins!!

Bob san
21-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Nice find. Damn those kits are pretty mad. just wondering are these kits made in Singapore or are they replicas from Japan or somethin?

Thats a pretty mad civic :)

JaCe
21-06-2006, 05:50 PM
That's the exact one I was looking at... it's different enough from the stock and Mugen/Modulo ones which look too subtle.

Not sure where they are made but you can always email them and ask- feel free to tell me if you find out :) I don't wanna email him/bug him again because atm I'm sorting things out with my cousins in JB to see if it's feasible to transport a whole body kit to Sydney via FedEx.

Bob san
21-06-2006, 05:58 PM
nope im from melb.

Anyway let us know how its goin with ur bodykit orders etc :)

Tigger
21-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Can you sus out some deals for a group buy?

I think if we can muster up enough interest from the forums it may be possible to substantially reduce the cost of shipping...

Im interested in the Mugen style kit and would definitely be in if someone can find a singaporean to comment on the quality of the kits.

The prices seem like absolute bargains ($599 Singaporean dollars = $508 Aussie dollars)... so it should be possible to get a kit delivered for around AUD $600~650.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get bodykits painted and fitted?

Aco3n
21-06-2006, 10:02 PM
To ship a set of bodykit from Indonesia, cost roughly US$500 (if I'm not mistaken) by air, group buy will help to split the shipping cost though, painting and fitting will cost around 300-500 ish, IF none to minimal modification required to install the kit
Don't count me on the prices though, just based on prev experience

Can you sus out some deals for a group buy?

I think if we can muster up enough interest from the forums it may be possible to substantially reduce the cost of shipping...

Im interested in the Mugen style kit and would definitely be in if someone can find a singaporean to comment on the quality of the kits.

The prices seem like absolute bargains ($599 Singaporean dollars = $508 Aussie dollars)... so it should be possible to get a kit delivered for around AUD $600~650.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get bodykits painted and fitted?

Tigger
21-06-2006, 10:46 PM
US$500?!?! Thats AUD$675!

I had a quick search for Qantas flights to Singapore and they're $880 return. God its almost better for you to take a holiday and bring the kit back yourself!

JaCe
22-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Haha but I'm just wondering if QANTAS or something will charge you alot for carrying an awkward object. Btw not sure where you're from Tigger but I live in Sydney and bloody Mac Bank bought over our int'l airport and that price of $880 isn't inclusive of all the departure taxes and so on which amount to like $300 I think.

As for that shop (sgcarstyling); here's what someone (the admin actually) on another forum said;

i would strongly suggest you not bother with him.. the price is so so.. and the trustworthiness is ahem.....

I can't help but wonder if those prices are only considered 'so-so', I wonder what the street prices for locals must be like! No wonder they can all afford to modify their cars so easily. Anyway, my cousin is going to check it out and tell me what he thinks of quality of parts and so on- better that we have someone over there to have a look before any of us buy I think. Also looking for other FD parts; apparently an original Modulo Kit is going for RM5100 ($1876.63) retail (ie. can still negotiate probably)- which is still cheaper than Australia! Only problem is shipping... need to investigate further.

Btw I'm also interested in group purchase idea :)
If it comes down to it, I'm going to Singapore end of year... but then, I don't really think it'll be possible for me to come back carrying multiple body kits back (Qantas probably will charge me an arm and a leg for it).

Tigger
22-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Geez... its seems every country but Australia can get replica body kits for the Civic :(

If i recall correctly i managed to find a Thai online store that also sold Civic parts... They have all this mad gear and yet we can only get OEM stuff. I'll try to find the link to that store again...

Are you Singaporean?
If your cousin manages to find and negotiate a deal on some decent kits, let us know coz im pretty keen to get a set. Maybe we can make the cost of shipping less of a shock! Cheers :)

BTW, im in Sydney too.

JaCe
22-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Nah I'm Australian-Chinese technically but family is from Malaysia and Singapore.

And yeh I'm gonna try to get my cousin to ask around for this sortof gear. He said he prefers to get custom made stuff but then that won't necessarily fit easily onto our Civic and would probably be best avoided since we can't try on our car there (for obvious reasons).

As for the price of shipping... surely it can't be $500usd. Unless that's like by plane or something. But even if it is that much, the prices are still considerably cheaper than the ripoff prices we get here.

JaCe
22-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Just thought I'd post an update regarding the OFFICIAL Modulo Kit in Malaysia;

According to this news article

The Civic Modulo accessories package is priced at RM5,280

(Approx 1,958.33 AUD)

As for what it includes;

The side under spoiler, trunk spoiler, rear under spoiler and front under spoiler are also offered as optional accessories to new buyers of the two models.

Source: http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News/mm/MailMotor/MFeature/20060620123505/Article/index_html

... my question is- to anyone with a sharp eye; Is the Modulo Kit the same as what they sell at Honda Australia dealers?
*holds up Civic Genuine Accessories brochure* Looks the same to me.

Aco3n
22-06-2006, 11:51 PM
The modulo kit you're talking about, is the same kit as Honda Australia sell

jkz
23-06-2006, 02:04 AM
i went to a custom place in dandenong, melbourne and they quoted me $3k a mugen like style kit. Included painting but i thought it was a complete rip of. It seems like its a better idea to import it from overseas and get the real thing then to go custom.

Bob san
23-06-2006, 02:14 AM
i went to a custom place in dandenong, melbourne and they quoted me $3k a mugen like style kit. Included painting but i thought it was a complete rip of. It seems like its a better idea to import it from overseas and get the real thing then to go custom.

where bouts is this place in dandenong? and is the quality of the kit any good? cos i reckon 3g for fitting and painted aint that bad if the quality is good.

jkz
23-06-2006, 04:27 AM
where bouts is this place in dandenong? and is the quality of the kit any good? cos i reckon 3g for fitting and painted aint that bad if the quality is good.

i can't remember the place and name but if you pm me i'll get back to you as soon as i can. Whether the quality of the kit is good or not im not to sure but if you are willing to pay 3g for the kit why not get the legit mugen one?

JaCe
23-06-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm also wondering... a legit Mugen kit will cost you under $2500aud.

There's someone selling this stuff on OH-
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40261

It's $2450 for painted, or $2130 not painted. Fitting should be easy since it's clipon. Just wondering how much it costs for P&H.

EK9_boi
23-06-2006, 09:24 AM

ha did you go to xXx bodykits? they're a rip off! The dude that works there also need some social skills! dude just get the genuine Mugen kit like said painted for $2450 + PH. It'll definitely be under $3k. :p

cheers

Fizz
23-06-2006, 10:55 AM
The modulo kit you're talking about, is the same kit as Honda Australia sell

yes correct. the modulo kit that Honda Msia is selling is the same kit as Honda Oz sells. Its about RM5k painted if im not mistaken. this means it will cost slightly below Aud$2k but then you've gotta add P&H. so might as well save the hassle and get a legit mugen kit from one of the ozhonda traders ;)

Bob san
23-06-2006, 12:11 PM
yes correct. the modulo kit that Honda Msia is selling is the same kit as Honda Oz sells. Its about RM5k painted if im not mistaken. this means it will cost slightly below Aud$2k but then you've gotta add P&H. so might as well save the hassle and get a legit mugen kit from one of the ozhonda traders ;)

I know but im just saying it will be wise scooping around b4 making any purchases. Has anyone actully bought the genuie mugen kit yet?

EK9_boi
23-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I know but im just saying it will be wise scooping around b4 making any purchases. Has anyone actully bought the genuie mugen kit yet?

at least 2 ppl on this forum ;)

cheers

JaCe
23-06-2006, 04:08 PM
I think the better question would be how many people have bought off OH, and what did they think of it (in terms of how it arrived, P&H costs, etc..).

jkz
24-06-2006, 03:53 AM
I think the better question would be how many people have bought off OH, and what did they think of it (in terms of how it arrived, P&H costs, etc..).

yeah i believe thats a good question too. Im just scared if i ordered the mugen kit it might not be devliered in mint condition since its coming overseas.