PDA

View Full Version : seats (yes ive searched)

canook
09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Are the seat rails in a 98 coupe different to a hatch? Im looking at buying a set of recaros (stock seats suck!!!)
Now ive had a look at my rails and they seem to attach to the side of the seats as apposed to being bolted to the bottom like most.
Also what to do about the seat belt clip? it seems as though its part of the seat...

CTR Coupe
09-06-2006, 10:41 PM
when you buy recaro’s you buy rails to suit EK civic (can use Civic Type R rails).
Your seat rails go in the bin with the seats and yes stock coupe seats suck.

tRipitaka
09-06-2006, 10:45 PM
recaros with ek9 rails fit on an ek/em/ej

canook
09-06-2006, 10:59 PM
so if i get EK rails they will be able to be modded to the recaros? what about the seat belt?

tRipitaka
09-06-2006, 11:03 PM
so if i get EK rails they will be able to be modded to the recaros? what about the seat belt?
ek rails ?
why don't u just get recaro rails for ek ?
or are you set on getting custom rails ?

canook
09-06-2006, 11:05 PM
ek rails ?
why don't u just get recaro rails for ek ?
or are you set on getting custom rails ?

the seats are second hand and only have the generic sliders on them. where can i get the recaro rails from to suit?

tRipitaka
09-06-2006, 11:07 PM
you could purchase vision low or super low rails to fit..
or you could just purchase genuine rails..
i'm sure someone as a set for sale somewhere.. if not, just pm the traders :thumbsup: goodluck :)

HanifB16A2
10-06-2006, 01:22 AM
My friend got his old rail ripped off the stock seat (eg though) and adapted to an aftermarket seat, got a pro to weld it. This may work for you, although it does sound a bit dodgy.
Anyone know whether this is a good idea?

recaro rails can be pretty pricy.

CTR Coupe
10-06-2006, 05:02 PM
the seats are second hand and only have the generic sliders on them
Generic sliders?
The only time I’ve heard this term mentioned is when the seats are fake.
As far as I know recaro don’t make "generic sliders" they only make rails to suit specific cars or sell the seat without rails. The seats you’re looking at could be fake be careful.

As for modding your standard rails to suit the recaros I would be very careful. I would have this done by an engineer that can comply the seats and make them roadworthy (they can supply a certificate so you wont be hassled by the cops).

Your seat is a vital piece of safety equipment. In an accident it could be the difference between a serious injury and death

As trip said I ment you should buy recaro rails to suit EK civic OR OEM Civic Type R rails.

canook
10-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Recaro do have a generic slider available(they are generally used in race/kit cars)
I bought some years ago for my BMW and had an engineer fit them as the genuine BMW ones were @$500+ each.
can i get the civic typr R rails from honda?

sivic
10-06-2006, 06:59 PM
or you might find a set of Bride rails to actually be cheaper than recaro rails. they're also stronger imo as they also utilise a cross member between each side rail.
the Bride RO rails will fit any reclinable recaro. just have to get EK specific ones

canook
10-06-2006, 07:08 PM
or you might find a set of Bride rails to actually be cheaper than recaro rails. they're also stronger imo as they also utilise a cross member between each side rail.
the Bride RO rails will fit any reclinable recaro. just have to get EK specific ones

Who sell Bride rails in AUS?

sivic
11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
try some of the traders on this forum. JDM Concept or JDMYard can prob get some