PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Injectors into a Civic Engine

imashy14u
10-06-2006, 03:50 PM
I've searched high and low for the answer, but couldn't find anything definite.

Just wondering if Mitsubishi GSR or VR4 injectors fit B and D series engines, both physically (no mods to seals and clips) and electrically (same impedence).

Thanks for you help in advance:thumbsup:

saxman
10-06-2006, 09:24 PM
I've searched high and low for the answer, but couldn't find anything definite.

Just wondering if Mitsubishi GSR or VR4 injectors fit B and D series engines, both physically (no mods to seals and clips) and electrically (same impedence).

Thanks for you help in advance:thumbsup:
I have mitsu eclipse injectors(same as what is used in the vr4 as far as I know) for my car. Requires mods to the seals, to where the clip connects to the injectors, and are a different impedence. All this is easily taken care of though.

Slow96GSR
11-06-2006, 05:01 AM
Some of them need the resistor box too. Here (http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/dsm_injectors/) is a good install write up I ran across a while back with a friend. Also you need to know if you need peak and hold or saturation injectors.

saxman
11-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Some of them need the resistor box too. Here (http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/dsm_injectors/) is a good install write up I ran across a while back with a friend. Also you need to know if you need peak and hold or saturation injectors.a resistor box isn't necessary... you can just solder in properly sized resistors inline on the injector wires... works just the same, is cheaper, and doesn't require trying to find space for the box(or nearly as many wiring changes)

Slow96GSR
11-06-2006, 08:43 AM
But he would have to have some knowledge of what resistors to get, soldering and wraping them. The box just makes it easier for the average DIY guy. Plus the box is only $10USD off Ebay, no biggie! And finding a spot for it is easy, it's not that big. This is just my $.02USD! Do what you want, it's your car.

imashy14u
13-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Very helpful. The injectors I need are high impedance (12-13ohms) and therefore are saturated.

Anyone from Australia that has used Mitsubishi injectors in their civic engines?