PDA

View Full Version : taking out reverse light

89civic
10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
hi, i am in the middle of getting my gearbox out of my 89civic and i cant seem to get the reverse sensor out of the gearbox. not sure if its reverse thread or wat but it wont move at all. any ideas?

LowEk
10-06-2006, 08:20 PM
try spray abit of crc or what ever to try and loosen it should be normal thread.

89civic
11-06-2006, 01:35 PM
i got it out this mornin and the gearbox too. only thing is the bolts for the clutch are wierd. they look like 11mm double hex but single hex jus slip. does anyone know what type of spanner or socket wil be needed?

aaronng
11-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Double hex? Got a pic?

Is it a star-type head?

heist
11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
yep its a star shaped head. go to repco they have the sockets you need. there are ~8 small ones on the clutch and 6 bigger ones on the flywheel, thats if your taking it off.

oh and by the way, make sure when your puting everything back torque everything to spec especially flywheel and clutch.

89civic
11-06-2006, 10:44 PM
hey guys. found the socket i needed today. got clutch and flywheel out and they are stuffed, not so much the flywheel but there isnt any clutch plate left, its down to the rivets and the rivets have dug into the flywheel and pressure plate. the flywheel can jus be machined to be fixed cant it? and what is the circle bit on the gearbox around the shaft that pushes on the pressure plate fingers when the clutch is engaged?