PDA

View Full Version : Help for front bar ** 56K unfriendly**

tseesinngwailo
10-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Hey All,

Saw this LS Teg in Carlingford, if you are the owner, sorry for using your car photo, pm me and i will remove if needed, if not, i left a business card on your windscreen! ring the number or sms me :)

I am after the manufacturer of this bodykit, does anyone recognise it? I desperately want the same for mine.

http://www.2dingos.com.au/honda/images/front-bar1.jpg
http://www.2dingos.com.au/honda/images/front-bar2.jpg
http://www.2dingos.com.au/honda/images/front-bar3.jpg

|N|
10-06-2006, 08:30 PM
http://www.2dingos.com.au/honda/images/front-bar1.jpg

tRipitaka
10-06-2006, 08:33 PM
suits the DA very well

chunky
10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
y r the pics in 2 different parking spots?
have u been stalking the car?

[ricer]
10-06-2006, 08:39 PM
lol :D

tseesinngwailo
10-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Um, Kinda, haha, i saw it in the first spot, and after i put a card on it and went shopping, came back 10mins later and it had moved so got another few shots, i really want this kit, it looks like a good stock look with improvements, kinda like a 92-93 bar :)

wkdteg
11-06-2006, 12:59 AM
ide say its a stock 89-91 bar (front air dam, and indicator sections r more square than a 92-93), except theyve got new indicators added, and a lip thats been molded on2 the original bar. the air vents under the indicator vents look like theyve gotten some squaring off with a file done 2 em. looks good, although i reckon the indicators should go where there supposed 2. i dun like the 2 round 1s.

FR33K
11-06-2006, 02:30 AM
that is a stock 89-91 front bar with a "bumper cover".. it goes over the front bumper.. if you look next to the front tyre just under the balck strip you can see where it overlaps ;)
although i dont know what type it is as ive never seen it either..

blk_shadow
11-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Um, Kinda, haha, i saw it in the first spot, and after i put a card on it and went shopping, came back 10mins later and it had moved so got another few shots, i really want this kit, it looks like a good stock look with improvements, kinda like a 92-93 bar :)

maybe I can help u.
pm me

SKREMN
11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
i see that car in that car park all the time i think he works there
want mention where for secirity resons
he is a friend of a friend

Stoosh
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
is that the one with tinted rear lights?

tseesinngwailo
11-06-2006, 07:41 PM
ide say its a stock 89-91 bar (front air dam, and indicator sections r more square than a 92-93), except theyve got new indicators added, and a lip thats been molded on2 the original bar. the air vents under the indicator vents look like theyve gotten some squaring off with a file done 2 em. looks good, although i reckon the indicators should go where there supposed 2. i dun like the 2 round 1s.

Hey, thats what i thought, i would put the indcators where they should be, its a nice clean look tho, and the ground clearance looks better than mine, thats the main reason i want to change.

Cheers
Chris

tseesinngwailo
11-06-2006, 07:42 PM
is that the one with tinted rear lights?
Yeah, had tinted rear lights

wkdteg
11-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey, thats what i thought, i would put the indcators where they should be, its a nice clean look tho, and the ground clearance looks better than mine, thats the main reason i want to change.

Cheers
Chris

LoL yeah ground clearance is heaps better than that jetspeed kit
i wouldnt think it would b too hard to get sum1 to fabricated that kind of kit. just mold any lip onto a stock bar?

Cold Fusion
11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
looks nice :) something i may want to look into :)

FR33K
12-06-2006, 01:56 AM
like i said its a front bumper cover which is outlined in the pic below.. he didnt exactly add new blinkers.. just covered the stock ones with mesh and added foglights or something..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/234231.jpg

wkdteg
12-06-2006, 02:03 AM
yeah ur right bro
i was just saying it wouldnt b too hard to construct sumthin similar without going so high up on the bumper. as in sumthin lower where a lip would attach, or maby an inch or so higher.
theres a line next 2 the air ducts which is the hight im talkin bout.
if u get wat i mean

Cold Fusion
12-06-2006, 12:41 PM
its still pretty Unique :P

Spoon DA9R
12-06-2006, 01:09 PM
i believe its a DIY job, no such kit is for sale before...pretty sure its diy..and i agree with fr33k, its obvious they just put the kit over the original...if i were u..i'd think about make an actual bumper like that......would u wanna put another bumper over ur existing one? would be pretty heavy...

destrukshn
12-06-2006, 02:17 PM
eh, i got a front bar cover on my audi, goes straight over it, perfect fit, eh, i think of it as more reinforcement.
lol.
front bars aren't heavy?

Boy_Integra
12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm pretty sure JETSPEED make them i know a guy who did the same thing to his Accord.. said he got it done at jetspeed..

Cold Fusion
12-06-2006, 06:19 PM
when i got ze money and ze time ill make my front bar/ front skirt original :\

just gotta find the time and money :S

wkdteg
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
LoL keep lookin
its always the last place u look :p

Spoon DA9R
12-06-2006, 07:58 PM
eh, i got a front bar cover on my audi, goes straight over it, perfect fit, eh, i think of it as more reinforcement.
lol.
front bars aren't heavy?

er, of coz original is stronger coz it has metal reinforcements inside on certain section? so its heavier than aftermarket? er..coz i've compared it, and er, the point i m trying to make is that wouldn't it be too much to have another cover over ur current bumper? er yeah. so if they were to make such a cover y not make a whole new bumper?

IN73GZ
12-06-2006, 09:25 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9152/phonepicsnumer10260sa.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

wkdteg
12-06-2006, 09:27 PM
LoL
sum1s being stalked!
weird... the indicator is under the mesh... is that defectable?

Cold Fusion
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
lol hes probably thinking like "oh man, all these integras have been watching me lately..its so weird..."

someone stick a ozhonda sticker on his car...or keep going the way ur going and he will probably run up to you and go "WHY THE HELL ARE U STALKING ME!" hehe

wkdteg
12-06-2006, 09:37 PM
LoL
yeah i reckon sum1 should go around sticking OH stickers on all good lookin hondas they c
just for kicks

Spoon DA9R
13-06-2006, 01:12 AM
i wonder wot the back look like

wkdteg
13-06-2006, 01:31 AM
im sure sum1 here has taken a pic of that
LoL all PI muthe ***ers LoL

Redteg
15-06-2006, 06:05 PM
The old Mugen front and rear bits were just bumper covers if memory serves me right, so it isn't too bad an idea, you'd think a cover would be cheaper and would not need to be as solid as the bumper itself.

It looks ok, but not too exciting.

Does he have pearly 'Quality Car Modification' adhesives on his front lights? If so I hope it doesn't set the theme for the rest of the car. :p

As an aside:
Tseesingwailo, did you own your car early '05? I remember seeing your car on the road in January '05. I had very similar wheels on mine, which I changed that very same day; got sick of seeing so many cars with them and when I saw an LS with them I decided to take the day off and get new ones. How's that for memory!

LO_N_SXC
15-06-2006, 06:49 PM
I dont really like that front to be honest, lookes a bit like a waste of fibre glass to me, not enought body or volume to it, deffenately a custom job and like Fr33k and SpoonDA9R said its a front cover, I'd rather get a front lip than that, sits to high for my liking, I've been contemplating on getting a charge Speed lip custom made since they're too expensive to import from the states.

The guy who owns that deff has some sort of head light protective tint which I really like!

tseesinngwailo
15-06-2006, 08:43 PM
The old Mugen front and rear bits were just bumper covers if memory serves me right, so it isn't too bad an idea, you'd think a cover would be cheaper and would not need to be as solid as the bumper itself.

It looks ok, but not too exciting.

Does he have pearly 'Quality Car Modification' adhesives on his front lights? If so I hope it doesn't set the theme for the rest of the car. :p

As an aside:
Tseesingwailo, did you own your car early '05? I remember seeing your car on the road in January '05. I had very similar wheels on mine, which I changed that very same day; got sick of seeing so many cars with them and when I saw an LS with them I decided to take the day off and get new ones. How's that for memory!

Hey there, I think I got it around Oct 2004, and I am usually out and about in it, well will be after next Friday haha, I like my wheels, I am not about to rush out and get new ones, I am on a budget :) sounds like u got a long memory :) Cheers, Chris

tseesinngwailo
15-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey In73gz, thats amazing u got that on your phone haha, I know this front is a love it or hate it kinda thing, but I really want a late model front with a lip, not a cover, but definately something with better clearance than mine. Thanks for posting the pikky. Cheers Chris

Cold Fusion
17-06-2006, 01:34 PM
in that pic of the yellow car what are the 2 things on his headlihts :S

could his whole thing just be a modified Car bra?

wkdteg
17-06-2006, 02:26 PM
in that pic of the yellow car what are the 2 things on his headlihts :S

could his whole thing just be a modified Car bra?

car bras r usually some form of material that covers the whole front end, not just the bottom of the bumper:thumbsup:

Cold Fusion
18-06-2006, 02:32 AM
yeh i thought so but i have NO idea what those things on the headlights are :P

Redteg
18-06-2006, 09:25 AM
yeh i thought so but i have NO idea what those things on the headlights are :P

I think it's like a thick contact material which has that pearly look to it, that one may apply to one's headlights, so that other hectic people think one has xenon/hid headlights. I remember seeing it available through the same fine retail outlets where you may find, oh, i dunno, altezzas, type r badges, and neons.

It wasn't too big a piece, and not all that cheap, so most cars I have seen rarely had their whole headlights covered, which made them look even more 'special'.

Think clear pearl cellophane thats thicker and sticky.

EDIT: Come to think of it, those stores also sold these 'prism' type things which had different coloured bits of glass sat around your low beam globe, providing the same effect.

Please don't ask me how I know this, I was young and foolish back then.

wkdteg
18-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I think it's like a thick contact material which has that pearly look to it, that one may apply to one's headlights, so that other hectic people think one has xenon/hid headlights. I remember seeing it available through the same fine retail outlets where you may find, oh, i dunno, altezzas, type r badges, and neons.

It wasn't too big a piece, and not all that cheap, so most cars I have seen rarely had their whole headlights covered, which made them look even more 'special'.

Think clear pearl cellophane thats thicker and sticky.

EDIT: Come to think of it, those stores also sold these 'prism' type things which had different coloured bits of glass sat around your low beam globe, providing the same effect.

Please don't ask me how I know this, I was young and foolish back then.

LoL admitting u were a ricer is the 1st step to recovery :p
good on ya :thumbsup:

FR33K
24-07-2006, 08:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/W637214305272_2.jpg

Integra
24-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I like it :thumbsup:

tseesinngwailo
24-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Geez Fr33K, thats exactly what i want, I have some Raybrigs to go in the lower vents, what IS that bar???? Cheers

FR33K
25-07-2006, 07:44 AM
I dunno.. i found that car for sale on the trading post