PDA

View Full Version : Car servicing questions?

Breezy
11-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Is there like a warranty when you get your car fixed? Say you got your car fixed, then a week later the same problem cames back will the mechanic fix it up again free of charge? Or if the problem keeps reoccuring after a few times being worked on, whats the normal procedure? Do i have to pay again or its free of charge till the problem is fixed? Do honda dealers give warranties?

aaronng
11-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Depends on the mechanic. Good ones give between 1 to 3 months warranty on their work. Ask them and get it in writing on the invoice.

jamchen
11-06-2006, 05:39 PM
if ur car is within the 3 yr new car warrenty... then no questions that u will get the car fixed at no charge...
r u referring back to normal dealer service or some local mechanics?

Breezy
11-06-2006, 05:45 PM
if ur car is within the 3 yr new car warrenty... then no questions that u will get the car fixed at no charge...
r u referring back to normal dealer service or some local mechanics?

Yeah i mean when your car is out of warranty, and getting it serviced at a dealership or a local mech. Do they provide warranties?

panda[cRx]
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM
it would depends on what you are refering to man.
if a dealer service dept made a mistake in a repair i'm sure they would rectify their mistake free of charge

Breezy
11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
']it would depends on what you are refering to man.
if a dealer service dept made a mistake in a repair i'm sure they would rectify their mistake free of charge

Say you go to a workshop to get your car fixed because your car keeps stalling, you get it back it works properly for a week or two and then the same problem comes back, what happens then?

jamchen
11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
then its fully after that workshop's warrenty policy...
my best advice is to ring up the workshop again and explaining ur problem... but i believe most of the reputable workshops are willing to have a look at ur problem again...

BiLL|z0r
12-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Also depends if they said to you upon leaveing from your last visit something to the effect of "We're fairly sure we've got the problem fixed but if it does it again, then X parts will need replacing and will cost $XXX" or something like that.

That's what we do in the rare event we can't fully fault find a client's PC so same goes for cars I guess.