PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive.

toE
26-09-2003, 02:19 AM
okie..sent my car in for service the other day. while waiting for car to be ready, thought i'd pop in the BMW dealership round the corner.

saw a 2000 s2k in the yard and walked up to it. was surprised that it was there to be honest. Looked at the price tag, 49,990. thought to myself, I Wish!!

then salesman walks up, asks me how i was, said i was good and that i was just having a look. he replies with yea..not a problem. then invites me in for a cuppa...i obliged thinking free tea!!

went in, had a bit of a chat about work and beemers...then, just as i was about to leave, thought i'd ask if i could try the car & he said, sure, come back & it'll b ready for you to try.

so took my car, did a coupla stuff then popped back in and it sure was ready to go.

he took it out to a nearby road, then had a sideview look of the car, strapped myself in and vroom,vroom!!

he took me through downhill winding roads first, then straight (100km/h) roads, then uphill (100km/h) winding roads, then a short dirt road, then back to normal (60km/h) roads back to dealership. started off with top down, then top up b4 we got on the uphill.

so, as it was through some different road conditions, i didnt manage to rev it up to 9k...the most i got out of it was 7.5k :(

gear was close together.
seats damn comfy..hugged my "wide" body comfortably.
road noise - minimal.
top up/down in <4secs.
clutch was heavy but got use to it shortly.
engine noise - bloody quiet!!
suspension - oh this one i likez..it was stiff, yet smooth. felt as if it had been lowered but only not!! could feel the bumps and all, but softer than most lowered cars.
tyres - werent originals, had Ventus on the car at that moment which wasn't all that good. the steering was kinda trembling and swerving only very little, but i could feel it, as i was concentrating on it at one point.
brakes - no complaints there.
interior space - excellent..fitted me perfectly.
cornerings - well, it was windy roads at 100km/h at one point and 80km/h and another point...and true as it was written in reviews, didnt feel any body roll, she took it straight on without flaw.

overall - quiet, smooth engine. felt safe during turns, bumps. top up/down anyway u like it. gear shift was easily done. u have to drive it to have felt what i felt.

next on agenda...NSX!! :twisted:

vti-2
26-09-2003, 10:53 AM
the steering was kinda trembling and swerving only very little, but i could feel it, as i was concentrating on it at one point.

Probably needs a wheel alignment... ;)

Good review though. Now i wanna go test drive one. :D

toE
26-09-2003, 05:02 PM
thanx for d comment and u should go try it!!

one more chance
30-09-2003, 12:38 PM
yeh i was fortunate to take the s2k for a test run when it first came out...
my pops is in good with the qld honda and we were given invites to the launch of the s2k. and i tell ya, i was the ride that made me a life-time honda fanatic!!! u really do need to rev it out to 9K for to get full fulfillment out of it...awesome machine! the 2004 S2K looks like a real pearler too!

AP1 F20c
30-09-2003, 01:38 PM
top up/down in <4secs.

6 seconds to be exact, fastest automated top up and down in the world till date. 8)

RichieTougeBattle
01-10-2003, 10:35 AM
hey noel

toE
01-10-2003, 08:33 PM
hey noel

wtf?? :shock:

red s2000
10-06-2004, 06:41 PM
I was very surprised to hear that you though the s2000 clutch was heavy. I have no other way to describe it than call it a feather.
Try driving a car w/ mechanical clutch before you complain about heavy clutches! :)

A'PEXi
10-06-2004, 10:01 PM
so you going to buy it now? hahahaha

skoota
10-06-2004, 11:54 PM
I test drove a family friends 2002 S2K around bulleen/templestowe and onto the Eastern Freeway and he was like, "My god man, give it some ****ing stick!" So I did - best and most enjoyable car I've driven. But last week I went in my mates dad's Brand new Carrerra GT3 - now that ppl was f*cking ridiculous!

However, he didn't let me drive it... :cry:

Creative
11-06-2004, 12:49 AM
"My god man, give it some ****ing stick!" So I did - best and most enjoyable car I've driven.
ROFL :D :lol:

Reminds me of when I took my 5th gen lude for a test drive and we did the usual block circuit around the sellers house....When we got back, he was like "Come on man, do that again and this time give it some oomph!!".....So I did...just like you :D

As for the s2k, god Id love to drive one of those....:nod:

McChook
12-06-2004, 12:07 AM
S2OOOs = Da Bomba

Speeder
21-08-2004, 06:01 PM
i drove my mates s2k, and the most impressive thing about them was its gearbox, the best stock box i have ever experienced. its short and so precise i couldnt believe it :D

e_s2k
24-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Hey i found the s2k clutch to be quite heavy. The day i got mine, i jump into a friend 04 rex and the clutch was light as compared to it. It's not overally heavy but heavier than most sports cars i have driven without an upgraded clutch.

speedracr
25-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Hey i found the s2k clutch to be quite heavy. The day i got mine, i jump into a friend 04 rex and the clutch was light as compared to it. It's not overally heavy but heavier than most sports cars i have driven without an upgraded clutch.

IMO the S2000 clutch is extremely light, same as an ITR. With an Exedy HS in my car now, the pedal is slightly stiffer but no where near as bad as some of the Nissans I've driven

aka_NSX
25-08-2004, 11:22 PM
IMO all honda clutch is not that heavy
even on the NSX its not heavy at all,
I reckon thats HONDA, they want ppl
enjoy driving it, since we are not an F1 driver

EK9
26-08-2004, 12:45 AM
yeah, i had a spin in a mates S2k a while back and had no complaints about the clutch. but i gotta say i fell in love with it, damn those HIDs!!! and that stick shift... woa, it was so short, precise and in the perfect spot... best i've driven by far. :)

Muz
27-09-2004, 07:54 AM
the steering was kinda trembling and swerving only very little, but i could feel it, as i was concentrating on it at one point.

Or it could have simply been the wide rubber following the road grooves if you were on a less than perfect surface. This is common on stock S2000's (and any car with wide tyres for that matter) and an x-brace alleviates it to a large degree.