PDA

View Full Version : Race brake

TypeG
14-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Anyone got race brake on their car? I have a spoon mono on my Euro with some two piece disc and endless CXX and it is damn loud to drive around so I decide to downgrade the pad to Bendix Ultimate but the problem still there. Any suggestion and comment on that guy?
thx

jamchen
14-06-2006, 09:26 AM
guess its pretty common for racing brakes... as they perform better in higher temperture... is it only happen when just roll out the car? or persist allll the time?

TypeG
14-06-2006, 10:20 AM
what do you mean by roll out?
it happen when i press my brake very gentle
if I brake hard, no noise at all
I already downgrade to Ultimate but the noise just state the same =(

Tobster
14-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Like many car parts, race parts and road parts each have their place -- and one doesn't necessarily work very well in the other situation because the driving conditions can be so different. You have to compromise on something.

Of course, race brakes won't necessarily stop you better on the road when driving normally because they're unlikely to be at operating temperature.

driven
14-06-2006, 10:53 AM
im running front AP 6 pots with DS2500 and rear feel's high temp pads and it really squeals when you're braking cold.

its not your brake setup thats causing the noise but more specifically, it is the brake pads that are causing the noise. High temp pads require a higher operating temperature(eg. 50-700), and when the pads are cold, they'll squeal and fail to perform optimally but thats normal, when you're running a track setup on the street.
To solve the noise problem, either you change to street pads or try driving around with left foot braking when the pads are cold to heat up the pads and after that, the noise should lessen.

Chris_F
14-06-2006, 11:13 AM
^^ what driven is saying is very true

TypeG
14-06-2006, 01:34 PM
if u read my first post, i have already change the pad

im running front AP 6 pots with DS2500 and rear feel's high temp pads and it really squeals when you're braking cold.

its not your brake setup thats causing the noise but more specifically, it is the brake pads that are causing the noise. High temp pads require a higher operating temperature(eg. 50-700), and when the pads are cold, they'll squeal and fail to perform optimally but thats normal, when you're running a track setup on the street.
To solve the noise problem, either you change to street pads or try driving around with left foot braking when the pads are cold to heat up the pads and after that, the noise should lessen.

driven
14-06-2006, 02:11 PM
i did read your post. and my suggestion was that since bendix is still noisy, change to a even more street friendly pad or get it up to temperature.

bendix ultimate is being decribed as a high performance pad with operating temps up to 550, although not as hardcore as the endless CCX (50-750), it still is a high performance pad. You can't run a high performance pad and expect it to be quiet when its not as its optimum operatin temperature. Because of the materials used in pads, high performance pads will be noisy when cold, be harsh on the rotors and produce alot of brake dust.

TypeG
14-06-2006, 04:18 PM
thx for the suggestion
i may need to try some cheap pad then
lol

ek4-guy
14-06-2006, 04:43 PM
you can buy small bottles of paint that changes colours to white at different temperatures. It comes in 3 colours that go off at different temps so you can tell wat temp range your brakes are getting into during your normal driving.
Then you can buy pads to suit your street driving and keep your good pads for the track.

i dont really like bendix ultimate i put them in my commodore at the same time i put on DBA gold rotors and when my pads ran out i took my disks to be machined and they where dead couldnt be done
so i rang DBA and they said it was the pads they stop good but are really harsh on disks

civiceg9
14-06-2006, 05:41 PM
haha problems fixed :cool:
Just get some Bendix Advance or Honda OEM pads
and you will be fine. They are organic pads with some metallic particles in them. Ultimate is a semi metallic pad like CCX, great for the summer heat but weather is too cold now.
The thick racing rotors and race pads takes a while to heat up, especially in the bloody 2degrees weather in the morning and 15 degrees day time temperature.

Anyway I fix his problem already.:thumbsup:

civiceg9
14-06-2006, 05:45 PM
you can buy small bottles of paint that changes colours to white at different temperatures. It comes in 3 colours that go off at different temps so you can tell wat temp range your brakes are getting into during your normal driving.
Then you can buy pads to suit your street driving and keep your good pads for the track.

i dont really like bendix ultimate i put them in my commodore at the same time i put on DBA gold rotors and when my pads ran out i took my disks to be machined and they where dead couldnt be done
so i rang DBA and they said it was the pads they stop good but are really harsh on disks

semi metallic pads are hash on disc rotors, however they provide great brake feel and less fade. Unless we all have cabon ceremic brake setup, then your rotors will last longer. then again it will cost an arm + a leg.

yfin
14-06-2006, 07:22 PM
The Axxis Ultimates (Bendix Ultimates) i have say "Ceramic" on them- is that semi-metalic?

And Type g where did you get the Bendix Ultimates from? When I emailed Bendix Australia they said they didnt have an application for the Euro.

TypeG
14-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Spoon Mono use S2000 pad :cool:

civiceg9
15-06-2006, 10:22 AM
The Axxis Ultimates (Bendix Ultimates) i have say "Ceramic" on them- is that semi-metalic?

And Type g where did you get the Bendix Ultimates from? When I emailed Bendix Australia they said they didnt have an application for the Euro.

is a combinations of a whole lot of stuff and metal, put it in water and it will rust lol. :cool:
his spoon cliper uses S2000 pads, Euro they only have normal stuff from the catalogue they give me so have to wait a few more years before they can come up with something. Actually they don't have alot of stuff for new cars.

TypeG
16-06-2006, 11:47 AM
well, noise still here even with OEM honda pad but only last for 1 min at 8am
lol
so I assume it is the disc