PDA

View Full Version : Woo-hoo... I'm a CIVIC owner

Dnation
05-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Just wanted to share my excitement with my beloved Scorpio as well all the other honda freaks out there..... I finally bought an ED Civic... Its slow as sh*t but i love it anyway... Its the poof-ter "superior blue" color which compliments my gay yellow car nicely...

Anyway, I want to start tinkering with it guys so help me out... What can I do for the moment? Im gonna try to steal someones D16Y engine when shes not looking but before then is there anything else I can do?? Timing?

I read somewhere ages ago that the double wishbone has factory front caster adjustment.. Is this true?
how many degrees can I advance the timing...??
Also how powerful is this engine? The forum says 63kw but other sites say 74kw.. whats going on?

Lastly does anyone have any CD manuals on ED's or EG's that they would like to share?? I have alot of beer sitting in the garage so u're welcome to take some if u're willing to share as well...

Cheers
Dave

CAT_SPEW
05-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Congrats on the new car man :twisted:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think 74KW at the engine sounds right for the D15B4.

Dnation
05-05-2004, 10:25 PM
This should probably go in the drag/brags/track section of this forum...

I just got back from cleaning the car tonight.. Went to car lovers to clean it out and clocked up my first 10km on it. On the way home though I came across 2 cars dragging in each other on the hume hwy so i thought i'd stretch her legs... It was an old Rav 4 and a Ford Laser TX3 (bubble shape).. At the lights they both took off and being the cluts i am, and getting use to the light clutch in the new car (A welcomed change over the rock hard MR2 turbo clutch) we took off.. The Rav4 got the lead with its 4WD traction by 1 car length, but come 2nd gear and I nearly caught up to him.. The TX3 was in the left almost lineball with the Rav.... I couldnt believe my eyes.. I was actually faster than the Rav.. At the end of 2nd i caught him already but backed off.. Both those cars kept racing but damn..... This little civic does have abit of kick in her!!! Never thought I'd say this, but this little honda impressed me...

Civ_97
05-05-2004, 10:26 PM
yeah well done on the car mate is it the sedan or the hatch? there is one here at the sunnie coast which beat my mates turbo liberty and from what he said it didnt sound turbo either. gotta try and track him down and have a chat to him bout what hes done. does anyone from QLD know it its a red 90/91 (is that the same shape as the one u got???) sedan. its pretty low and has 16s or somethin on it. not a bad lookin car really

A'PEXi
05-05-2004, 10:32 PM
your going to steal someones d16y? riiiiiiiight... and get about .05 kw gain from that......

mo
05-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Hahah and I know who's D16Y too! HAHAHA

Congratulations on the new (or shall I say old? LOL) car mate.

Have fun!!

MTX BOY
06-05-2004, 10:57 AM
yeah well done on the car mate is it the sedan or the hatch? there is one here at the sunnie coast which beat my mates turbo liberty and from what he said it didnt sound turbo either. gotta try and track him down and have a chat to him bout what hes done. does anyone from QLD know it its a red 90/91 (is that the same shape as the one u got???) sedan. its pretty low and has 16s or somethin on it. not a bad lookin car really

Hey yeah i know that ED civic from the sunny coast. He bought it for 8k and had already had a B16a conversion. Dunno how he beat a turbo liberty coz my mate beat him in a 93 Acoord with only an F22A in it. 8)

Breeze
06-05-2004, 12:55 PM
I had a 98 twin turbo liberty (GT-V limited sti edition) which I bought in from Japan as a personal import with a factory claimed 206kw and manual. On top of that i added the obligatory exhaust/intake etc. My b16A civic would be quicker than it in any traffic light meet up, but man do those things stomp on everything up top. Worlds fastest production station wagon with a 257km/hr top speed (Guiness book of records). I am sure this has been reclaimed by some sort of RS audi wagon by now. I still don't think the subarus are that quick without really treating them a bit roughly. I was glad to see mine go with the massive fuel bill that went with it.

Dnation
06-05-2004, 05:27 PM
I bought a hatch.. Its blue and is stock as a rock.. Owned by a couple who ashed their ciggies in the ash tray (as you do).. It still stinks like as tobacco.. It doesnt have power mirrors which was a let down but it does have aircon :)
Its got some mags too.. Shytty 13" 155/75/13s but nothing that cant be fixed..

doesnt the D16Y have 96Kw??? Thats alot better than this D15B4... And because they're both D-series, its a bolt on right? All i need is to convert the fuel to an EFI system... I figured that in a car that weighs less than 900kg, the power to weight should be awesome for a bit of track work...

Yeah you probably know who it is Mo.. Im trying to con her to buy a B16A or B18 so I can take her engine (hopefully for free for using up all my HUGE muscles)... Im getting restless coz I havent done an engine conversion for over a year..

XXpl0Sive
06-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Just wanted to share my excitement with my beloved Scorpio...
Are you benjamin's mate?

mo
06-05-2004, 05:48 PM
OMG even I know who he is!! Read his first post carefully!!

- Turbo MR2
- Steal a D16Y outta a girl's car

Do you know now? Haha I swear your lost Ben!!

joneblaze
06-05-2004, 07:53 PM
ROFL@mo...
Nice purchase Dave....mod it up:)

Dnation
07-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Yeah i know Ben. He's the lunatic that likes to go side ways in his Toyota truck around roundabouts at Eastwood..

I dont know if my buy was that good. Its VERY clean for a ED but once the transfer and rego is all done its gonna cost over $3500.. I was thinking about modding it up but my MR2 comes first.. I just bought an exhaust for the MR2 and it released huge Hp. Just got back from Wakefield and realised that the stock 2stage bilsteins on them arent all their cracked up to be.. My friends MR2 was getting bloody 1:12 lap times and his car is slower than mine. All he had was Azenis and Konis.. I couldnt even get under 1:15..... (Shit driver I guess)
Lemme get some new suspension on the MR2 first, then i'll pay attention to this Civic.. With more power and some sussy mods Im sure I can take on those MX5s and MR2 0-1600cc class in the supersprints!!!

Anyone here want to enter their civic in the supersprints with me?? (Its competition racing but for amuteurs like me)