PDA

View Full Version : Honda Integra LS Vs Civic VT-i (EG)

Quangzta
15-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey guys,

Looking for a new car and wondering which car performs better, as in which one is quicker?

I mean i love both the cars, but they make both the same power (96kw)
And im plannin to get a manual so yeahs.

Any info?

Sydsyd
15-06-2006, 05:34 PM
definitely the EG VTi...as I own 1 myself...VTEC YO! lol...

i'd say the EG, cos of the aftermarket items sold r more than the teg...correct me if i'm wrong...and with EG u can go rice or power or both...

that's my 2 cents...

destrukshn
15-06-2006, 05:45 PM
but the LS being a 1.8 twin cam, i'd assume, it'd have more torque, so they maybe quite equal.

g3vtir
15-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Im not knocking VTEC but just because the LS isnt VTEC doesnt mean its not a go-er....i owned one and that was a little pocket rocket....and the torque is quite noticeable. I own a DC2 VTiR now but i feel that its not as responsive as my LS. Obviously at higher revs the VTiR had the advantage because of the "VTEC" but LS is really not a bad performer.

honda_ek4
15-06-2006, 09:37 PM
eg civic vti..

E-Honda
15-06-2006, 09:38 PM
i own an eg5 and have also driven a LS and to be honest the LS was more fun to drive because of the better torque

[[d a n n y]]
15-06-2006, 10:08 PM
i think LS will be quicker

taizon
15-06-2006, 10:11 PM
with my EG agaisnt my friends LS..
i find that the LS will pull harder due to having more torque..
although once 6k comes.. and the LS shifts to 2nd.. the VTI will catch up being able to rev just over 7k...

basically.. they're pretty even.. but i'd go the EG.. as they look HEAPS BETTER. and also a newer model

the LS also had extractors+full exhaust and CAI..
VTI had catback..

dc2dc2dc2
15-06-2006, 10:12 PM
both slow cars....all comes down to driver skill.

chicken8
15-06-2006, 11:05 PM
i think the eg looks better and has more potential for mods due to its low kerb weight.

more parts available

i think the LS body looks more outdated than the EG body

Quangzta
15-06-2006, 11:40 PM
yeah think i might get the EG, but LS honestli haz a more, sporty look, big nice headlights and low car, but yeah, itz just the EG is a small car? but yeah, might go the EG, cauz i find that LS's are much cheaper for some reason? and i was wondering if it pulled harder? EG's go for 7's while LS's go at 3'z - 5's so yeah u noe? bang for the buck kinda thang.

But yeah thanks for your help guyz! appreciated ^^ post any more commentz if u wish.. xD

stocky
16-06-2006, 08:49 AM
ls are 10X kw from recollection dependent on series

anyhow, i used to have one, raced against a friends eg vti sedan, stock for stock, the ls was quicker

bennjamin
16-06-2006, 09:11 AM
the LS will be "quicker" in the same hands.

Threads like these are not smart on a public forum , oo much hassle for the obvious street racing crowd.
If you want to compare performance ~ take it to the 1/4 mile and find out with a result on paper :)
Otherwise shush up or make threads with OTHER v's in mind ( looks , fuekl efficiency etc)

closed