PDA

View Full Version : [CD5] Car not starting. Need help seems like.........

Xplodin
15-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey guys,

To night i went out to a mates place driving my car ofcourse, and when i got there found out he was home and blah blah balh i'l get to the point.... went back to my car and tried to start her and she wont start at all. It just clicks doesnt crack over or anything like that. Just click click click like really fast and close to each other. I thought it would be the Immobliser but then when i tried turing my head lights on it wont turn on at all. (i have HID's so they wont work unless they have the right voltage) So i now norrowed it down to the battery. Jump started the car and it worked.:confused:

Hasnt ended there, When i turn on my highbeams when driving i lose power for a quick millisecond and everything is back to normal.

Any ideas guys? is it my battery or wat? like starting up going to my mates place was fine no dramas whats so ever. Any help apreciated. thanks

The car is sitting my carport right now and i cant move it or even start it at all.

Thanks in advance :D

TECDUP
15-06-2006, 11:31 PM
your battery is dead...
its just like when you got subs and it makes your lights dim when they boom, lol...when you turn on your high beams its draws current from the battery that doesnt really have much to give
i bet it you put a multimeter onto it you will get a low reading. i also have a cd5 with the same problem and replaced my battery about 6 months ago, your looking at around $140 problem solved
correct me if im wrong guys but it was the battery in my case...

Xplodin
15-06-2006, 11:41 PM
i dont get it One min its fine and works fine and another mini the battery is dead. Are u sure its the battery. Cos i dont wanna replace it when nothings rong with it. I dunno maybe it is.

aaronng
16-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Check the water level of your battery. Use a voltmeter to check as well. When your car is running, it takes power off the alternator.

Let's just hope that your alternator is not busted instead.

TECDUP
16-06-2006, 12:05 AM
check it...put a multimeter onto it and if it doesnt read the 12.xx volts it is supposed to then its your bat, batteries are like that, all it takes is for a cell or two to drop and you got no power

if it reads perfect, i would still suggest your battery...if you can take it out and take it to a auto elec and ask them to do a load test on it and that will tell you 100% if its your batt. could cost you nothing, could cost you $10 depends if you get the guy on a good day

if you dont have a multi meter just go straight to the auto elec and do the load test that will tell you for sure

ngupil
16-06-2006, 12:48 AM
either ur battery is dead or your alternator just needs to be replaced
but in your case, because the battery level droped when u drove it, maybe the alternator needs to be replace soon.
a quick test that you can done is check ur battery water level as aarong had suggested. if its ok, jump start your car again. turn on all the electrical gadget, ie. HID, sound system, air con wait for 10 - 15 minutes. if the car just die on itself or the hid become dimmer then ur alternator is busted .. or more likely is gonna bust soon. if it turn out to be ok, maybe u need a new battery.
another question, how long ago did u change ur battery??

Xplodin
16-06-2006, 07:08 AM
either ur battery is dead or your alternator just needs to be replaced
but in your case, because the battery level droped when u drove it, maybe the alternator needs to be replace soon.
a quick test that you can done is check ur battery water level as aarong had suggested. if its ok, jump start your car again. turn on all the electrical gadget, ie. HID, sound system, air con wait for 10 - 15 minutes. if the car just die on itself or the hid become dimmer then ur alternator is busted .. or more likely is gonna bust soon. if it turn out to be ok, maybe u need a new battery.
another question, how long ago did u change ur battery??
Well i've never changed the battery since i got the car. I got the car back in Dec 05. I'll see what i can do today. But its funny, before going to my mates place it was fine. no dramas wats so ever. Then bang The car drops dead. I dun get it.

Xplodin
16-06-2006, 12:46 PM
ok guys got that problem resovled, found out it was a dead cell in the battery. so $125 later a new century battery :D.

aaronng
16-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Good stuff!

ngupil
16-06-2006, 01:54 PM
maybe the previous owner hasnt change the battery in the last 3 years also
thats explain why you got a dead cell
good to know its not the alternator that is busted

ECU-MAN
16-06-2006, 11:46 PM
sometimes the starter motor can cause this problems as well.

lucky for you its was just the batt.

destrukshn
16-06-2006, 11:49 PM
sometimes the starter motor can cause this problems as well.

lucky for you its was just the batt.
but the starter motor wouldn't cause the HID's not to work?