PDA

View Full Version : Injectors, Obd2 to Obd1 conversion

CUL8R
16-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey all.
im in the process of going from my standard h22a obd2a ecu to hondata s300 with chipped p28 obd1.
talking with a mate before it came up that i overlooked something...bloody injectors! argh.almost a costly mistake.
so heres wat i know.
***h22a obd1 - 1992-96 Prelude VTEC Peak and hold 345cc -low impedance (require resistor box)
***h22a obd2a - 1997-up Prelude VTEC Saturated 280cc(possibly 290cc) -high impedance (no resistor box)
basically this is just a confirmation post that yes i will need to change my injectors to the obd1 peak and hold low impedance otherwise i will burn out my ecu.
what is required in this move? is it just a matter of finding the injectors, or will i also need the fuel rail.
thanx teckies!

Limbo
16-06-2006, 12:34 AM
dude why didn't u just get the s300 with odb2? would of saved u the trouble

CUL8R
16-06-2006, 12:41 AM
because the hondata range doesnt extend with obd2 computers?

Manual transmission only.
The stock ECU cannot be used, and must be swapped using an OBDIIA-ODBI adapter ECU, or an adapter harness can be used (see below).

gotta change to obd1,options were p72,p28 and something else but i opted for p28, i havnt actually got anything yet but the p28 but am in the process of having everything else organised.

CUL8R
16-06-2006, 01:21 AM
ok problem solved thanx to bao
the basic jist goes like this.

high impedance have in terms a built in resister block....to fry the computer u need a low impedance without a resistor block.

this is coz the voltage is high and will cause heat and yeah the rest is self explanitory.

so i dont need to change injectors as there wont be a risk of frying the comp, damn silly me! lol