PDA

View Full Version : In car DVD player with DIVX playback decent brand????

v770
16-06-2006, 06:06 AM
Was wondering if you guys know any car DVD player (around 6"ish) that plays DIVX and is a decent brand? i know a few china brand In car DVD player with 7" motorised lcd that plays DIVX.......but i just dont really trust the brand.

I was looking at the JVC KD-AVX2. It doesnt exactly say it plays Divx but there was a thread about the JVC KD-AVX2 and says it plays divx. Does it play divx?

Anyway my budget for a in car dvd player with divx playback is around $1300ish.

Thanks heaps

v770
16-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Actually doesnt have to come with a motorised lcd. Can be a normal dvd tuner as well. I just read the JVC KDDV7205 and it has DVD playback. Just wanna see if there are other options available...

stanleym
16-06-2006, 10:21 AM
i asked not to long ago about the divx in the jcx kd-avx2 at jb-hifi cause iw as told in the thread u read that it had it

the jb hifi guy said it had no info on the box or anything about the divx function

mugeneration
16-06-2006, 12:04 PM
well if its such a mystery, i suggest burning a divx disc, and taking it in there and seeing if it plays on one of their display machines :)

v770
16-06-2006, 02:43 PM
hm yeah i guess uh....
Divx...means playback .avi too yeah?

on the websites it says it plays mpeg 1 and 2. Thats as close as it gets to divx.

J-MuN
16-06-2006, 10:37 PM
i asked not to long ago about the divx in the jcx kd-avx2 at jb-hifi cause iw as told in the thread u read that it had it

the jb hifi guy said it had no info on the box or anything about the divx functioni can tell you that the JVC KD-AVX2 plays divx. Whoever you u got that info from (whichever salesman) doesn't know his products too well.

Another divx capable dvd player is the new Pioneer 7inch AVH-P7850DVD that isn't available quite yet. They are on backorder, meaning they will arrive soon. But price wise, they will be more expensive than the JVC KDAVX2.

v770
17-06-2006, 02:31 AM
Thanks heaps.. i wonder how much the Pioneer 7inch AVH-P7850DVD will cost.

I might wait.

Well what do you guys reckon about unknown brands? i see alotta unknown branks like bel canto, caska and etcetc which has divx playback. Prices are like 50% cheaper than the branded ones. How would they go? quality? reliable? worth while?

J-MuN
17-06-2006, 02:50 AM
The generic brands are obviously going to be charging alot less than branded units but do take into consideration that brands such as Pioneer, JVC, Sony and so forth do make DVD Players for the home and have so for a very long time and majority of the branded brands do make LCD and plasma's too, meaing their product knowledge in that category is higher. You pay for what you get pretty much.

v770
17-06-2006, 02:54 AM
hm thanks heaps...
Ur right pretty much u pay for what u get.

Ill stick to the branded ones..JVC is good.....and so far for price wise, its realisticly in an average persons range. It plays divx too..

I know its cheap, but im downloading music video clips from youtube and gonna use em in the car.. haha save $$ thats why i want a dvd player with divx playback.

v770
17-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Just a quick question, i was reading the specs of some monitors for car.....

it says mpeg 1/2 decoder. Whats that mean? does it mean it can play mgeg 1and2?

yourfather
17-06-2006, 03:18 AM
just a suggestion, maybe not helpful.

Chipped original xbox, with wireless controllers, hooked up in the boot of your car, connected to screen, then you hook up wireless internet and FTP movies to your car from anywhere on your lan. :) worked for me, till I sold the monitor, etc.

J-MuN
17-06-2006, 03:33 AM
Xbox's are popular but they are bulky and quite troublesome. I'd rather use an all in one DVD/MP3/VCD/CD Tuner Headunit. :thumbsup:

yourfather
17-06-2006, 03:59 AM
well, it was a suggestion, it gives you more pc like flexibility as a media centre. but size is an issue.

Da1nONLY
17-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Just mount a laptop somewhere...
theres little toshiba laptops somewhere..
with 10" screen..Benq offers one as well..10" screens..
they're quiet small.. load all your favourite MAME32 ROM...and console emulator... 2 USB control pad. and youve got yourself an all in one entertainment machine...

v770
17-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Its a good idea....but id prefer just an ordinary dvd playe with divx playaback
Thanks heaps for your ideas thoguh..