PDA

View Full Version : injen help!!!!

boggey
16-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey all!!!

Ive got a 2003 dc5 integra bas (auto), and ive been trying to put on a injen cai, and lets just say i am struggling . Just got a few quetions to anyone who knows of anyone who has put it on a base auto before, cause iam sure ppl have done it before. And another problem is how on earth do u squeeze the intake through all the stuff, cause ive followed all the instructions and it just dosent wanna fit, cause the 2 7/8 flex pipe dosent flex enough to put it on (at least i dont think so).

But yeah iam pretty embarrassed to say ive been working on it for 5hrs and i just cant seem to connect the intake to the rubber pipe supplied which is attached to the throttle body.

But if anyone can help please do cause iam about to go insane, and if anyone want ill even pay them to put it on for me cause ive just about to give up.

aaronng
16-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to connect the rubber joint to the CAI first and then connect the whole thing to the throttle body?

Also, did you buy an injen CAI for the DC5 or DC5R? Your intake header length is different from the DC5R

boggey
16-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanx for that idea but ive been trying thatt too, but i might just need another persont to help pull it through.

And the injen cai that i bought is meant to fit the base model and the type r, well at least from what ive read in the acurarsx forums and from wat i was told from the shop who sold it to me.

But yea iam about to give it one last go with a mate otherwise iam gonna get a mechanic or something or just sell it.

But does anyone know whether there is a base model injen cai and a type r cai, cause ive looked and there is none.

aaronng
16-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes, they are different. The DC5R/RSX-S Injen CAI has the part number SP1477. The base RSX CAI is SP1470.

boggey
17-06-2006, 10:09 PM
hey thanx for that bit of info its just saved me a shit load of time (excuse my french)