PDA

View Full Version : WTF has everyone got against rice

Civ_97
05-05-2004, 10:40 PM
why is everyone on this site against rice?

Chi
05-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Cause most OH members are under the religion JDMism

Kit
05-05-2004, 10:46 PM
lol.

cos ricers give enthusiasts a bad name (although I'm not sure how many enthusiasts are on this site) :)

Civ_97
05-05-2004, 10:46 PM
why whats so good about it? i know i wanna build my car SO CAL style but why dont we start to support the aussie market more and build cars that are influenced by ourselves. be creative. if we really want this scene to take off it think we all need to start being creative and doing what we think is cool

Mitch M
05-05-2004, 10:47 PM
who cares ...

do a search and you will find a million thread on this topic!!

go look at them and you may get an answer

mo
05-05-2004, 10:48 PM
I love stock cars...Modifying cars are a waste of time.

bennjamin
05-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Cause most OH members are under the religion JDMism

BTW JDM = RICE

Its gheyDM y0 !!!

-MuGen PoWer-
05-05-2004, 10:57 PM
evry1 has their own taste, respect ppl in wat they do 2 their cars

Civ_97
05-05-2004, 10:58 PM
evry1 has their own taste, respect ppl in wat they do 2 their cars

well said mate

Chi
05-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Well i have no respect fo ppl that rice lancers and have evo kits fake intercoolers so it looks like an evo lol

egcarbz
05-05-2004, 11:05 PM
yeah true that..
if people like rice, so be it, no need to bag them
i don't like rice but i still leave em alone

incoming
05-05-2004, 11:08 PM
yeah.... im sure we've all been thru a stage where rice was cool?!?!
u know bling wheels etc??

i reckon every1 is just following trend... i mean some ppl are living in the past and dont realise what their doing to the cars!! LOL..

like ben said.. jdm is gonna be rice soon!! (if not already... hehe)

Civ_97
05-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Well i have no respect fo ppl that rice lancers and have evo kits fake intercoolers so it looks like an evo lol

ok i gotta agree with part of your comment there. i cant c a problem with puttin evo kits on your car but yeah fake intercoolers is somethin which pisses me off. i wouldnt go and give someone shit bout it but yeah i think its a complete waste of money

fueltank
05-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I hate people who put GTR badges on their non-GTR skylines :cry:

VTEC16
05-05-2004, 11:32 PM
IMO - Rice is generally loud and ugly....whereas JDM is subtle a badass!

revolution
05-05-2004, 11:38 PM
People who rice up their cars draw too much un-needed attention by cops that reflect upon other people. Hence why people are getting defected constantly. Besides that, people with huge kit's, fart can exhausts pink/lime green etc coloured cars just looks redicously :roll: :roll: .

Altezza's belong to the IS200/IS300 and not lancers/civic's. Nuff said.

mo
05-05-2004, 11:48 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with pink cars dude!!
Look at some of jap doriftos :P

I have a thing for pink cars! :D

fueltank
05-05-2004, 11:54 PM
I don't mind people who rice up their cars, I just hope they get defected for it if it's illegal.

Saw a white stock as a rock EG sedan with blue underbody neons driving along. I hope he gets defected.

Civ_97
05-05-2004, 11:55 PM
yeah i bet u dont call the HKS S15 drift car a ricer but look at it. It is covered in pure ricer stuff...eg. bright red paint, full body vinyls etc.

fueltank
05-05-2004, 11:56 PM
did someone say pink cars? :D

http://www.yashiofactory.jp/main/15type2/look0215.jpg

http://www.yashiofactory.jp/i_love/vitz/pt_top/vi_saide.jpg

Civ_97
05-05-2004, 11:58 PM
hahaahaahahahahhaahahhahaahah yashio factory make some awesome cars....gotta love their style ;)

Chi
05-05-2004, 11:58 PM
OMG what a waste of a s15 .... !!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *takes breath* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO etc

fueltank
05-05-2004, 11:59 PM
u ok chi?
i'd drive that pink S15 everyday over my car!

SCRAPN
06-05-2004, 12:00 AM
rice is rice....i dont count paint colors as rice.... rice to me is doing stupid modifications e.g... puttin a mugen sticker on your car when you have no mugen mods.....buying petty little mods like civic typre r badges and crap like that....i mean i dont really consider tasteful bodykits rice....or exhaust dont in the same manner....

www.anti-rice.com

SCRAPN
06-05-2004, 12:02 AM
why would you waste your time painting an echo????? some ppl need a slap upside the head.

Chi
06-05-2004, 12:02 AM
rice is rice....i dont count paint colors as rice.... rice to me is doing stupid modifications e.g... puttin a mugen sticker on your car when you have no mugen mods.....buying petty little mods like civic typre r badges and crap like that....i mean i dont really consider tasteful bodykits rice....or exhaust dont in the same manner....

www.anti-rice.com

Look at my friends mazda 3, he has mugen seat covers :D

Civ_97
06-05-2004, 12:03 AM
OMG what a waste of a s15 .... !!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *takes breath* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO etc

omg how could u call that thing a waste of an S15. the damn thing pumps out around 400/500hp at the wheels, plus is regularly street driven. how the fuk can u say somethin like that based purely on the colour?

Civ_97
06-05-2004, 12:04 AM
why would you waste your time painting an echo????? some ppl need a slap upside the head.

why not do it? i cant stand echos personally but since when is adding to the variety of cars bein modded a bad thing? variety is what drives this scene forward

incoming
06-05-2004, 12:05 AM
hahaahaahahahahhaahahhahaahah yashio factory make some awesome cars....gotta love their style ;)

i prefer top secret gold colour!.. not to over the top!..

Chi
06-05-2004, 12:09 AM

omg how could u call that thing a waste of an S15. the damn thing pumps out around 400/500hp at the wheels, plus is regularly street driven. how the fuk can u say somethin like that based purely on the colour?

I was merely talking about the body , and i know the engine is wicked, but why pink ??? !!!

SCRAPN
sorry just the echo shape doesnt really apeal..... might just be me but with modding your car you gotta figure out weather or not the car your modding is worth moding for 1 and how far to mod it 2.....doin that to an echo jus seems like a waste of paint for the car

anyways top secret gold is unreal.... the have a bitchin echo speaking of echo's...lol that thing would tear any honda a new asshole.....

Civ_97
cause its their trademark colour

carbine
06-05-2004, 12:10 AM
I didnt realise 747's came in hot pink

incoming
06-05-2004, 12:11 AM
hey u reckon the japs call that shit "rice" over there?!??!1
hahaha

mo
06-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Nah they call it bread! LOL :P

incoming
06-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Nah they call it bread! LOL :P

HAHAHAHAHAA aint that some shit!

Chi
06-05-2004, 12:26 AM
lol @ mo

That car is so breaded up bro !!

Civic Type R
06-05-2004, 12:30 AM
i generally find those who hate rice and always go on about rice are those who have stock cars and exhibit redneck opinions and hate life.

each to their own and respect each others property i say.

ginganggooly
06-05-2004, 12:50 AM
spoon socks anyone??

JDM y0 :twisted:

fueltank
06-05-2004, 09:15 AM
cause its their trademark colour

hahaha...hey atleast someone knows a bit :D

[[d a n n y]]
06-05-2004, 09:35 AM
spoon socks anyone??

JDM y0 :twisted:

yeah.. :roll:

A'PEXi
06-05-2004, 10:31 AM
some people are influenced by others... person a says "r1c3 is gh333y y000".... person b then says "yeh i don't like rice, its gh33333y" and the trend goes on :D

bhwhahahhahaha

LatinoHatchCrap
06-05-2004, 10:59 AM
whoever said that JDM is ghey on this webboard must be hallucinating. WHY THE **** ARE YOU DRIVING A HONDA YOU ****TARD! HA HA HA! :D :thumbsup:

poid
06-05-2004, 11:51 AM
people who hate rice generally dont know how the term developed. In SoCal the term "rice" originated as a word to describe people who attempted to make people believe their cars were quick when they were slow. So for example Mugen or Type-R stickers on a stock civic, or the full shopping list of stickers down the side of the car when you dont have any of the parts.

Or modifying the car JDM race style and having a stock engine.

Yet now its been bastardised to mean any modification that isnt engine mods. Pretty amusing i think, since the ones calling everything rice are in fact ricers on the JDM side of things in general :)

VTEC16
06-05-2004, 12:04 PM
people who hate rice generally dont know how the term developed. In SoCal the term "rice" originated as a word to describe people who attempted to make people believe their cars were quick when they were slow. So for example Mugen or Type-R stickers on a stock civic, or the full shopping list of stickers down the side of the car when you dont have any of the parts.

Yet now its been bastardised to mean any modification that isnt engine mods. Pretty amusing i think, since the ones calling everything rice are in fact ricers on the JDM side of things in general :)

Actually rice started when jap cars started flowing into the US....the rednecks called them 'rice-burners' .....

It has then gone on to mean both:

1) Fake - fake intercoolers, stickers of things you dont have (including "#TR" stickers), fake alloys, ....and...

2) Showy - big rims, altezzas, flashy paint, graphics and bodykits etc

.....both of these definitions (?) have the underlining resentment of having a car that looks faster than it actually is.

.....most people define rice by either 1 or 2......or a mixture, so it makes it kinda hard when someone calls something rice - cause no one knows exactly what they're talking about.

mo
06-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Rice is what I eat every night! That is all :P

geo41e
06-05-2004, 12:13 PM
all i can say is..rice = a car, not lowered with stock or hab caps with big ugly body kit, big black GT wing that does suit with altezzas, big stickers every wheree + big ass tip with a crap sound muffler with an auto tranny

saw an accord the other day like that...couldn't stop laughin

jaw jus dropped couple of metres down..and to add to embarresment..the driver looks at me and gave me one of those "dirty hard kent looks" heaheahae
OWNED BY RICE

mo
06-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Everyone's opinion on rice is different. I think this thread needs to stop now. Lol

geo41e
06-05-2004, 12:19 PM
haehae i agree MO....better stop tell somebody gets hurt...

....that is..ppls feelings *looks at the ricers*

madgrk
06-05-2004, 12:41 PM
err. Anything on a car is rice ffs. Any aesthetic modification done, if not done for performance is "rice". So geo41e I wouldnt talk dude..

Just because a car is on steelies doesnt mean its rice. It could mean the guy cares more about performance than looking good. Ken has done it on his accord, and it suits the car actually.

On the other hand, if you have a car like Jons (A.C.S DRAG), then you wouldnt care because you have the best of both worlds. :)

CRXONE
06-05-2004, 12:58 PM
I dont know how many times I have said this but "each to there own".

What I personally dislike is cheap RICE mods. Such as big stickers, cheap exhausts, cut springs, general mods that promote the car more than its worth. (Evo kit on shit lancer, type R badge on stock Civic Breeze, GTR badge on shitty skyline)

I believe that young people tend to RICE there cars since they do not have the money to buy the car they want in the first place.
As people get older they get over the Rice look and go for something more classy.

But as I said before each to there own guys.

Stupid topic really :!:

mo
06-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Everyone's opinion on rice is different. I think this thread needs to stop now. Lol

A'PEXi
06-05-2004, 03:00 PM

Actually rice started when jap cars started flowing into the US....the rednecks called them 'rice-burners' .....

It has then gone on to mean both:

1) Fake - fake intercoolers, stickers of things you dont have (including "#TR" stickers), fake alloys, ....and...

2) Showy - big rims, altezzas, flashy paint, graphics and bodykits etc

.....both of these definitions (?) have the underlining resentment of having a car that looks faster than it actually is.

.....most people define rice by either 1 or 2......or a mixture, so it makes it kinda hard when someone calls something rice - cause no one knows exactly what they're talking about.

yeh going by your definition 2) and going by poids terms "people who attempted to make people believe their cars were quick when they were slow" how is for example "flashy paint" going to make your car look quick?.... i think its more of a show thing, than a go thing.... and just because you don't have the go, it automatically makes you a so called "ricer".... once again, it comes back to what people want out of their cars, a show car, street car, track car, drag car... whatever..... i really believe its up to other people on how they spend their money on modifications, sure it may not look good, or it may turn out a piece of junk.... *cough* wasted dc5r hahaha *cough*... but yeh...

// just my 2c

mo
06-05-2004, 03:01 PM

Kit
06-05-2004, 05:15 PM
yeah i bet u dont call the HKS S15 drift car a ricer but look at it. It is covered in pure ricer stuff...eg. bright red paint, full body vinyls etc.

I can accept rice from Jp (or Au) tuning shops. cos those are their promo cars, they do it to give their workshop exposure.

but i can't accept rice from the kid that lives down the street that sticks stickers and fake stuff all over the car, or anything distasteful really.

vti-2
06-05-2004, 06:11 PM
I think there was a thread similar to this in The Lounge a while ago. At the end of the day, each to his own. There is no point in arguing if rice is better or if JDM is better. Everyone has their own opinions and that's why i can see this thread blowing out to 100 pages cause people just seem to argue back and forth and never stop. And the problem is everyone loves arguing on the internet and getting worked up and that only leads to threads getting locked.

And to quote someone "its like banging my head against the wall...**** those threads hurt".

;)

joneblaze
06-05-2004, 06:14 PM
:nod: