PDA

View Full Version : CRX (del sol) general help...

Ahmad
16-06-2006, 05:45 PM
First of all i am really sorry if this has been posted a million times...

My gf is looking for a crx i think they call them del sol for some reason, they made them between 92-97 i think... I went and looked at one yesterday with her and it seemed a bit bumpy i could hear the targa shaking a bit and i used to have a 300zx and the targa didn;t shake that much... also was REALLY bumpy...

I just wanted to know when looking at crx's are there any common problems that i should look for... she needs to get it checked by racq, a mechanic and all that either way but just wanted some general feedback about the cars, i love the way they look and everything, just dont want her to have to spend heaps of $$$ to fix it up.

she is looking for one around 11.5k so if you know of any for sale let me know...

thanks heaps in advance...
let me know if you want more info i am really bad at explaining things...

anfz
16-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey dude i just bought a delsol not long ago and thats a common problem with all delsols the roof, but can be fixed up with greasing in the rubbers.just get it checked out with stateroads inspection http://www.stateroads.com.au/
i had my inspection through them and they were great, much better than racv.good luck with it

CRX_stocky
16-06-2006, 08:57 PM
look around mate, my roof doesnt leek at all, power window sometime needs a hand going all the way up tho, good car if you find a nice exmple

ECU-MAN
16-06-2006, 11:51 PM
you willing to spend any more at all for a real good one ???

saxman
17-06-2006, 08:29 AM
the tops loosen with age... it's not too hard to retighten them(speaking of, I really need to do that to my sol)

SiR JDM
17-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Yea, you just use some silocone and its all good.

Ive had 2 delsols and theyre great cars. :thumbsup:

Ahmad
17-06-2006, 11:37 AM
thanks heaps for the help...

girlfriend doesn;t really want to spend much more then that cause she really wants to get full comp insurance so thats going to take the rest of her money...

mr_vtec
17-06-2006, 04:00 PM
aye guys i just picked up one today... soo happy its my first car.. anyways you know how the civic's are known as eg's and ek's a teg is a dc2 wat is the delsol.... or is that its nick DELSOL...????

dc2dc2dc2
17-06-2006, 04:06 PM
don't hijack peoples threads.

SiR JDM
17-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Mr Vtec
The delsol uses same base chassis as the EG civic, it is labled the EG2.

EK uses a completly different chassis so it is called the EK.

DC again, same deal = DC2

In future please just start a new thread and people will be happy to answer your questions, and tai aka dc2dc2dc2 wont be on ur ass

z3lda
17-06-2006, 04:16 PM
fkn bede kant...

saxman
17-06-2006, 05:01 PM
aye guys i just picked up one today... soo happy its my first car.. anyways you know how the civic's are known as eg's and ek's a teg is a dc2 wat is the delsol.... or is that its nick DELSOL...????
EG2 if it has a b16 in it, EH6 if it has a d16, EG1 if it has a d15

SiR JDM
17-06-2006, 05:03 PM
In Aus, we only have 1 choice. The EG2 b16a manual targa.

Twincam16
17-06-2006, 05:46 PM
^ unless it is an import... we have these also, they have d15's/automatic/auto gearboxes.

mr_vtec
17-06-2006, 06:59 PM
relax boys.. didnt wanna open up thread just for one question... anyways next time i will....thanx guys....

saxman
17-06-2006, 08:43 PM
In Aus, we only have 1 choice. The EG2 b16a manual targa.
only one choice of aus spec sols maybe... there are a huge variety of jdm variety sols that you should get access to afaik

SINISTR
18-06-2006, 04:05 AM
Australia never got the 'del sol' as part of its line up!
'Del Sol' models are imports! Guys get it right!
Don't call every gen3 CRX a 'delsol' when its not. A true 'del sol' is an SiR or a VXi and usually identified by the 'transtop' roof altho some did come with the manual top.

So unless your car has an SiR and Del Sol sticker please don't call it a del sol - especially when you're selling the car as it gives the wrong idea.

saxman
18-06-2006, 08:09 AM
well, technically the jdm models are "c-rx(yes, with the hyphen) del sols", not just a del sol

Ahmad
18-06-2006, 03:14 PM
gf is still looking... a lot of people selling cars really need to reply quicker to sms's... :P

around how much would it cost to adjust or tighten the targa to make it more quite?

thx for the help guys...

SINISTR
18-06-2006, 07:42 PM
well, technically the jdm models are "c-rx(yes, with the hyphen) del sols", not just a del sol

no hyphen... just 'crx'.

ECU-MAN
18-06-2006, 07:53 PM
realy

they are all civic crx 2door
check the compliance plate :)

saxman
18-06-2006, 09:20 PM
no hyphen... just 'crx'.
while yes, crx normally does not have a hyphen, the jdm model del sols do(I can't say for sure about gen 1 or 2 crx's).

my apologizes though... the placement on the hyphen was incorrect... it's actually cr-x

it's odd... in europe, the del sol was sold as the "civic crx", in japan, the "cr-x del sol"

czy_sol87
18-06-2006, 10:23 PM
has anyone had a look at this site
www.teamdelsol.com
theres lots of information in here
and also theres a diy on how to tighten the
targa urself, under information

z3lda
18-06-2006, 10:38 PM
my car has crx del sol sticker :)

tRipitaka
18-06-2006, 10:41 PM
there's

civic crx
civic delsol
crx delsol
and just plain crx.

and SINISTR
i think it's much easier to differentiate between CRX's if you say it's a delsol rather than gen1/gen2/gen3

saxman
18-06-2006, 11:11 PM
we also got a just plain del sol here in the us... just to confuse matters more

z3lda
18-06-2006, 11:36 PM
then u got the ones that got de-stickered

SINISTR
19-06-2006, 02:00 AM
and SINISTR
i think it's much easier to differentiate between CRX's if you say it's a delsol rather than gen1/gen2/gen3

if you tell me you own a del sol i'll automatically assume its a JDM SiR either with or without a Transtop (but definatelly an import). When people are selling a gen3 and call it a del sol - thesame story - I assume its a JDM import. There was a 'del sol' on here for sale and stated 'del sol' and when I asked is it an actual del sol the answer was NO, its a Aus spec CRX.. bit of a dissapointment if you ask me.
Therefore it might be easier for some to differentiate between CRXs as calling them a del sol but its very incorrect IMO.
You can call a gen1 a gen1, a gen2 a gen2 so why not call the EG CRX a gen3? either just a gen3 or a delsol if its a JDM import.

SINISTR
19-06-2006, 02:04 AM
civic crx
civic delsol
crx delsol

the US got the 'civic cr-x' when they got the gen1 in 1984.
a true delsol still has a cr-x but with the '-' hyphen while the aus spec has a normal 'crx' no hyphen.
whats a civic delsol :P

Bayani
19-06-2006, 02:20 AM
I have a HYPHEN!

Note; Not special because of this.

I agree with Sinistr.

saxman
19-06-2006, 08:05 AM
the US got the 'civic cr-x' when they got the gen1 in 1984.
a true delsol still has a cr-x but with the '-' hyphen while the aus spec has a normal 'crx' no hyphen.
whats a civic delsol :P
in the us, the del sol was sold as a

"civic del sol" for 93-94
"del sol" for 95-97

the civic was dropped from the name for the last few years

Bayani
19-07-2006, 03:48 AM
Doesn't make any sense calling it a Civic Civic Racing - eXperiment

saxman
19-07-2006, 04:42 AM
Doesn't make any sense calling it a Civic Civic Racing - eXperiment
crx=civic renaissance experiment, not racing

the crx was a design by honda to try to get back to the roots of what the civic was originally designed as... a small, light weight, well handling economic vehicle... racing was never part of the equation

Bayani
19-07-2006, 05:44 AM
'holds ears'

How can Honda put RENAISSANCE into it's name?! OMG, lol :)

i_own_you
19-07-2006, 02:51 PM
please dont tell me this is going to be another DELSOL vs CRX badge debate like the one in hondatech already..

right SINISTR ?

Twincam16
21-07-2006, 01:09 AM
AUDM = 92-98 Honda Civic Crx (EG2)
JDM = 92-98 Honda Crx Delsol (Derusoru) EG2
Jdm also had the D15/16 variants

EUDM & USDM had multiple variants, those found in the States that compare to the AUDM model are labelled the Honda Delsol SiR (being DOHC B16 Imports) as well as standard D-series motors. Saxman can sort you out on the USDM models if you really need to know.

This better have cleared it up...

JasonGilholme
21-07-2006, 05:43 AM
First of all i am really sorry if this has been posted a million times...

My gf is looking for a crx i think they call them del sol for some reason, they made them between 92-97 i think... I went and looked at one yesterday with her and it seemed a bit bumpy i could hear the targa shaking a bit and i used to have a 300zx and the targa didn;t shake that much... also was REALLY bumpy...

I just wanted to know when looking at crx's are there any common problems that i should look for... she needs to get it checked by racq, a mechanic and all that either way but just wanted some general feedback about the cars, i love the way they look and everything, just dont want her to have to spend heaps of $$$ to fix it up.

she is looking for one around 11.5k so if you know of any for sale let me know...

thanks heaps in advance...
let me know if you want more info i am really bad at explaining things...

Good to see that this question is getting answered..........

Just some info for you, I'm picking up a 96 model Del Sol/CRX (watever u wanna call it) tomorow and i'll definately be paying close attention to the roof seals and door seals. These are quite expensive to replace so i want to make sure they are in good shape. If there's any rattle or anything I'll fix them up but with seals its a bit harder then just a cheap DIY solution. Its an expensive part to buy.

Apart from those two things I'll be making sure that all the electricals work, the tyres are in good nick, the engine sounds/looks in good condition (keep and eye out for seals/gaskets that look iffy) and all the other regular things.

The one I'm looking at is a 96, stock, 123,000 km's and is selling for 14,990. From the pictures i've seen so far it looks perfect and the NRMA dude said that it was perfect and that if I don't buy it i should let him know because he wants it!

Good luck mate

Jase

saxman
21-07-2006, 08:25 PM
AUDM = 92-98 Honda Civic Crx (EG2)
JDM = 92-98 Honda Crx Delsol (Derusoru) EG2
Jdm also had the D15/16 variants

EUDM & USDM had multiple variants, those found in the States that compare to the AUDM model are labelled the Honda Delsol SiR (being DOHC B16 Imports) as well as standard D-series motors. Saxman can sort you out on the USDM models if you really need to know.

This better have cleared it up...
the SiR name is a jdm model only

the USDM equivalent is the "del Sol VTEC"

SlobberGoat
21-07-2006, 09:47 PM
<streetfighter voice>

Round 2!

Sinistr Vs OZHONDA
FIGHT!!!

</streetfighter voice>

:p