PDA

View Full Version : A Guide to Reducing Understeer

LEVIN GTV
17-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey guys,

As most of the hondas are a FF set up, (and driving one myself) Id like to set up a bit of a guide on how to reduce the age old problem of understeer. Yes i accept that understeer will always be present, but Im curious as to what people have done to reduce this problem...

- Tyres

- Front and Rear Sway bars

- Strut Braces

- Stiff Suspension

- Camber

Etc.

If people would like to share their ideas and rate the impact modifications have had on assisting their handling and reduction of understeer.

Share your experiences, tips, as we can all benefit.

Cheers

timofytit
17-06-2006, 02:31 AM
I have a 2002 DC5R, traction is a huge problem with some mild mods. To sort out those problems i have installed some tein ss all round. I have firm rear and mid fronts on damper sets. For track i stiffen the front a little for handling, and for drag i soften. Though i do have a factory front strut brace that i will upgrade so that i can soften the dampers and reduce front end roll so that i can get more tyre planted to the road with less front roll, ie more direct. Thats my opinion. Take it or leave it.

dsp26
17-06-2006, 09:08 AM
http://www.se-r.net/car_info/suspension_tuning.html
^^^ALL THE ANSWERS^^^

tells you what adjustments of EVERY suspension part causes More/Less understeer and how to correct it... nuff said :thumbsup:

and since no-one really read it last time i posted it i suggest you guys read it this time. Though a Nissan site... Mike Kojima wrote it... he's known in the states as a Nissan/Honda god!!!!

Limbo
17-06-2006, 09:49 PM
suspension Shocks & springs, stiffer rear swaybar, strutbraces all round.

Does wonders for the car. I've also used smaller tyres on the end it helps with understeer. I have 205/55/15 front and 195/50/15 on rear it runs great.

LSD would also help but i can't afford it yet.