PDA

View Full Version : I got to drive an '03 Accord V6 Lux yesterday

BiLL|z0r
17-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I had my car in for it's 20K service so they gave me a '03 V6 Accord Lux to drive around in. It had 80K km's on the clock so just thought I'd give a little review of stuff I found different between the Euro and V6.

Firstly was the steering. The V6 was soooooooo light it was too light. You'd go to turn and end up over correcting.
What I did like was the power increase and the sound of a V6. Quite torquey down low and mid. High end didnt pull much more though. When does VTEC kick in on these engines as I never felt it?
They don't have VSA like Euro's do. They just have TCS (traction control) which is even worse than the Euro. It kicks in way too late and not enough. You could have laid a road of rubber before this thing thinks your spinning the wheels (and b4 any1 says, no I didn't do excessive burnouts in the Honda load car, but occasional chirpies as wasn't used to the bad TCS and V6 power).
The interior looks almost exactly the same as a Euro. I had a Lux model and liked the fully adjustable electric seats (my Euro is Std). It didn't have heated seats though but being an '03 maybe 03 models didn't get heated seats till later on.
Very smooth to drive straight but has more body roll than a Euro and heaps more understeer. This is mainly due to the front weight increase I assume.
The brakes weren't as good but it did have 80K on the clock so maybe they are nearly due to be serviced. The brake pedal was a lot more spongy which would indiciate brake fluid needs replacing if that's not how it normally feels.

All in all I still prefer my Euro. It's not as fast but it does drive and look better IMO.

yourfather
17-06-2006, 11:24 AM
beautiful cars those Euro's, but the new accord v6's are making a comeback!

EuroDude
17-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Yep would be nice if Honda plonked in an L6 2.5L ~160kw with a 6SP AT in the Euro :thumbsup: A V6 is not needed imo

bOoStn
18-06-2006, 02:44 PM
You can hear VTEC coming in around 4-4500rpm in those V6's. The engine note changes ever so slightly. You feel it most in 2nd gear

kam
18-06-2006, 04:00 PM
isnt the euro made in japan, and the accord made in some other country - thailand or indonesia cant remember...

BiLL|z0r
18-06-2006, 04:24 PM
isnt the euro made in japan, and the accord made in some other country - thailand or indonesia cant remember...

Ya, Thailand. Any1 know if the interiors are made in the same country as the car since they are indentical?

You can hear VTEC coming in around 4-4500rpm in those V6's. The engine note changes ever so slightly. You feel it most in 2nd gear

Thx, wasn't really listening at rev's that low.

Chris_F
18-06-2006, 05:00 PM
interesting impressions thanks for sharing