PDA

View Full Version : xforce high-flow cat users, hows your doing?

vinnY
17-06-2006, 05:41 PM
i think mines recently died(after 8 months of being installed)

it rattles loudly between 1600-1700rpm and 2600-2700rpm :(
well its either the cat or my resonator somehow collapsed and made the same sound as described by some other threads as a dead cat.

just wondering how other users xforce cats are doing?

i'll try to post some video footage of it rattling(well, if it is the cat. sounds coming from the general area, could be either the cat or resonator though)

on a separate note, would xforce cover this under warranty? if they have warranty on parts at all :(

destrukshn
17-06-2006, 05:43 PM
i guess it would be unless there is scrapge on it, then they can call i abuse.
my cat on my audi has died 3 times due to bottoming out all the time,.

Limbo
17-06-2006, 06:51 PM
warranty should be 12mths, i had a catco cat and it died also, was replaced . Just happened to be a bad batch i was told.

Limbo
17-06-2006, 06:52 PM
warranty should be 12mths, i had a catco cat and it died also, was replaced for free. Just happened to be a bad batch i was told.

vinnY
17-06-2006, 07:01 PM
warranty should be 12mths, i had a catco cat and it died also, was replaced for free. Just happened to be a bad batch i was told.

if thats the case then what if its on the car already and theres no way to remove it to send it back for warranty without having the car out of service? i.e. cat was welded directly to b-pipe(if custom exhaust is made up)

do they do a 'advanced replacement' where they'll send it out and you can send it back as soon as the bad cat is off the car?

Limbo
17-06-2006, 10:49 PM
I jsut took it back to the shop where i got it from. They sent it back and gave me another one

kongfu
18-06-2006, 01:20 AM
Never buy XFORCE products.

aimre
18-06-2006, 01:47 AM
^^^
Reall, why not?

dsp26
18-06-2006, 10:26 AM
^^^ i too would like to know as i was very close to purchasing one from the Traders???

also i hope you guys realise you can blow your cats by running too rich... if you had made any changes to your fuelling system i suggest you correct it first before installing the product only to kill it and condemn it.

IF your exhaust even makes poppping sounds then your cat will be dead within a year if not sooner... i know coz i myself have blown my cat as well as my cannon off the actual welds... and i know many others who have done this.

***EDIT***
also you will know when your cat is ****ed... your exhaust won't really smell like petrol... kinda EGGy. Cops/EPA know this smell too... i suggest you don't be near one if you have a rooted cat. Telling the EPA that you weren't aware it's dead won't get you out of a AU$10k per cylinder fine...

Limbo
18-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Yeah its true that running rich can affect it but it more depends on the fuel your using, bad fuel kills cats faster. I brought mine at an exhaust shop and they told me the xforce cats are not as good as the catco cats. In my time i've had 4 catco cats and only one died and they replaced it immediately. No questions asked

Buy from a reputable source, usually at an exhuast shop that is reputable.
I didn't have to wait for mine as soon as they saw that my cat died they just replaced it with a new one and then sent it back later. As i know the owner there he told me catco has a good rep and that is why he buys them he has very few damaged cats.

If you want his number PM me. I know a few people on this stie who use his services.

dsp26
18-06-2006, 01:47 PM
^^^interested in tha Catco CAT.

are the Catco/X-Force both metal biscuit or ceramic element?

Limbo
18-06-2006, 05:30 PM
normally the cats are cermanic with bits of different metals in it, gold, and all sorts of shit.

Even the hi-flow ones, you get the large body hi-fliw which are better looking at somewhere between $250-300

The metal ones are different but then your looking over $500 just for a metal cat. They flow even better than the hi-flows, dunno how good they are at emissions but they must pass otherwise they wouldn't be vaild cats.

Catco make both and they are made in the US not cheap taiwan or China product.

P.S the metal ones are guarunteed not to break and have a lifetime warranty on them

CUL8R
18-06-2006, 06:26 PM
running too lean will cause alot of heat through your exhaust too, this will result in a melted cat too.

dsp26
18-06-2006, 09:30 PM
The metal ones are different but then your looking over $500 just for a metal cat. They flow even better than the hi-flows, dunno how good they are at emissions but they must pass otherwise they wouldn't be vaild cats.

damn i thought from the pics the X-Force were metal biscuits.

your right about the high flowness of the metal ones too hence why i'm so keen. iamhappy46's girlfriends civic gained a dyno proven 11wkw over the factory honda item. BUT... this was on an import D16B sohc vtec.

not to be a tight arse then... but any traders game on trying to get any type of Metal Cat for as cheap as possible?? cheapest i've found so far is $440 with 3' in/out

hoonda
18-06-2006, 09:57 PM
my x-force cat also got this problem, after about 6 months. but i have same problem, exhaust is welded 1-piece from b-pipe. It would be a royal pain to 'take it back'. I was told by my mechanic that a peice of mesh had come loose.
if you have the time, take exhaust off and try to shake it out?

Limbo
18-06-2006, 10:11 PM
No there is no mesh in the cat. The car it made of a cermaic substance in a honeycomb piece.

That's also another reason you get a proper exhaust to put it in. They put flanges on either side ;) Like mine so that it can be replaced with a test pipe for drags or replaced when required

EGB18CT
19-06-2006, 02:16 PM
just finished welding my stainless exhaust, used xforce cat and i havnt really heard many probs from users, seems fine and pretty good quality.

vinnY
10-07-2006, 12:28 PM
just an update. got around to changing my exhaust(booyah mugen catback)
turns out the cat's fine and it was metal pieces from being welded in that was rattling.
either way, i've got surplus parts now :|

DomenEK
10-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Soooooo........Does that mean the Xforce cats are fine??

No one has really confirmed What is and what isn't a good brand. I'd like to know before I dish out my hard earned cash for a hi-flow cat.

Limbo
10-07-2006, 01:18 PM
DomenEK - i'd get the Catco for the little bit extra its worth it. I've always had good gains with them. Also they are US made and not made in China

Mate i know a place that selling them for $400, i just got the Metal cat for myself also they just charged me $400 installed. PM me if your interested

damn i thought from the pics the X-Force were metal biscuits.

your right about the high flowness of the metal ones too hence why i'm so keen. iamhappy46's girlfriends civic gained a dyno proven 11wkw over the factory honda item. BUT... this was on an import D16B sohc vtec.

not to be a tight arse then... but any traders game on trying to get any type of Metal Cat for as cheap as possible?? cheapest i've found so far is $440 with 3' in/out

bal
13-07-2006, 01:48 PM
had my xforce cat on for 12motnhs scaped it a few times bottoming out but its running fine never had a problem with it

marcus
13-07-2006, 01:53 PM
wat abt x-force extractors????are they gd???i m thinking of getting 1

Limbo
13-07-2006, 04:05 PM
The headers aren't bad for their cost. Good bang for buck.

NeRV
13-07-2006, 04:23 PM
i just installed a x-force header, ill be doing a write up on it soon, but yeah its worth it imo... and also for the cat, im running a x-force cat and its working fine too, so i dont know why kongfu would not recommend x-force unless he is willing to give abit more information as to why he doesnt like x-force, then wateva... anywaiz x-force yes it is "cheaper" but it does the job and actually does the job quite well.... like many ppl would say or agree it is a bang for your buck brand.

vinnY
13-07-2006, 04:41 PM
oh and just for the record, i had a hairline crack on the welds of the xforce extractors and one of the gaskets blew :)

all good, replaced the entire system with itr 4-2-1, catco cat(thanks zco) and mugen catback :)

marcus
13-07-2006, 07:43 PM
btw where does x-force comes from??australian made??

twiggy
13-07-2006, 11:51 PM
btw where does x-force comes from??australian made??
Im not to sure about where X Force products are made.. I know 4 sure though that they are a Aussie company that are based in NSW. Im 90% there products are made in aus. but dont quote me as i might be wrong..
Good brand though.. I am thinking also of getting there extracors..
Either them or pacemaker :P

timofytit
14-07-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm of the opinion, that if something is rattling in your exhaust system, just keep driving it, cause sooner or later, its gonna blow itself out the back. In turn, giving you less restriction and more flow. Most times this will give you more power. And you still have the look of an ordinary system.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Limbo
16-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Not always the case. Depending on how you drive it will blockup your pipes and cause splits in teh joints and gaskets.

When my old cat died it took out the header gasket and cracked the piping near the cat. So what you have stated does not always happen

marcus
18-07-2006, 05:15 PM
anyone know wats the diff between x-force, hurricane and pacemakers??all of them are aussie made

dsp26
18-07-2006, 09:17 PM
anyone know wats the diff between x-force, hurricane and pacemakers??all of them are aussie made

you talking about cats?? i didn't know they make them... if your talking about headers/extractors then answer is that each one has different flow designs and are meant for different power bands.... i'm GUESSING if they did make cats the designs would generally be the same as you can't really change much of a cat design except for a compromise between catalyst surface area (biscuit density) and flow...

marcus
18-07-2006, 09:18 PM
wat abt headers??

kongfu
18-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Im not to sure about where X Force products are made.. I know 4 sure though that they are a Aussie company that are based in NSW. Im 90% there products are made in aus. but dont quote me as i might be wrong..
Good brand though.. I am thinking also of getting there extracors..
Either them or pacemaker :P

You are not correct mate!:D

XFORCE products fully made in China!:p

XFORCE is australian registered brand and they got their products from CHina.

In china, XFORCE is called XX in Chinese..(sell to Chinese domestic market as well). So what my

impression is the quality of the products are not really good. Because that manufacturer has been

started its business since year of 2000 I think...Not as reliable as those JDM brand like TODA, SPOON, and

Mugen.

If you love my post, rep it!:wave: