PDA

View Full Version : Rattle while driving

kuso
19-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Anyone find that the jazz has a lot of rattle? I seem to be developing a few in the doors and somewhere on the left passenger side on the front. Can't really locate where it is because I am driving -_-'

Any experiences and what has been done to fix?

racinghonda
19-06-2006, 07:50 AM
We had the driver's door rattle. Took it back to Honda, and they refitted the door trim but it still rattled. So I took the door trim off and used thick foam in between the door trim and the inner door skin. That took care of the problem. No other rattles.

kuso
19-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Does it help decrease road noise as well? The foam that is. I would assume it helps a little, maybe not as good as dynamat.

racinghonda
19-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Does it help decrease road noise as well? The foam that is. I would assume it helps a little, maybe not as good as dynamat.

No, it was purely to fix the rattle.

QuintessentiaLs
19-06-2006, 08:36 AM
The passenger side rattle... Check the glove box for small objects like coin or pen... Cause I thought there was something wrong with mine and turned out to be a coin lol

edy_l
19-06-2006, 10:32 AM
if you want to reduce road noise, i suggest you to fit sound dead mat on your doors .. such as the dynamat extreme .. it cost about $260 for the whole lot ..enough to cover 4 doors .. DIY though ..

kobebruce
19-06-2006, 09:39 PM
it is hard to diy? do u have any web can show me how to do?

^CarBoy^
20-06-2006, 09:53 PM
i think the rattling on the passenger side dashboard is a common sickness to all Jazzes. I have them aswell.. and i cannot find what's causing it. my fix put the music up loud!!! bwahbwhbbhbhawhwb :)