PDA

View Full Version : what can i do to my teg ??

2DR33M
06-05-2004, 11:09 AM
i have a gen2 LS witht he standard 1.8 DOHC

i have been told that i can bolt on a Vtec head to gain the same performance as a Vtec motor, but i am skeptical to this..

I have been thinking about doing the usuall, changing the cams, Type R injectors etc. etc.

Another idea i had in hte head was to drop in a 2.2 Vtec (H22A ??) out of a prelude, but i wanna know if not only will it fit in my engine bay but also will it work in my car :shock:

I am open to any ideas, i was getting a turbo kit imported from the states until my mate blew the s**t out hit mirage witha bolt on kit, so now i am back to wanting a spactic N/A motor

As i am saving my ass off at hte moment i will be doing something later this year.

Can anyone give me some positive advise and or direct me in to the right direction of how to beef up the Teggy LOL :p

VTEC16
06-05-2004, 11:58 AM
I think you should hold on to your money - do lots of reading - and decide what your really want to do yourself.

No point in us tellin you what to do.

cheers,

mike.

2DR33M
06-05-2004, 02:45 PM
good advise

but i was just curious as to what exactly can be done to my engine

i work all the time so i dont get alot of opportunity to follow things up

just looking for ideas thats all :D

CTR Coupe
06-05-2004, 03:10 PM
heres what u do go to
http://www.google.com.au

type these things into the little box

"LS VTEC"

"TURBO LS"

"B20 VTEC"

"HYBRID HONDA"

personally stay away from the H22A u will regret getting it.

only got one piece of advice READ READ READ
the more u learn the better off you are.

the LS motor is reasonably strong from what ive read. dudes in the states go crazy on them thats where u will get ur best information. have fun

2DR33M
07-05-2004, 12:56 PM
thanks guys

euGeR
07-05-2004, 04:46 PM
As above :)

- First define a goal
- then research the possiblities, getting into specifics/opinions.
define what is fact and what is opinion with a baseline on perception. Things are easier to define when they are measurable.
- define a budget - this may be ongoing and always changing
- prioritise what you would like to improve first and the level of that requirement
- then define what is realistic at that present time and will it attain the milestone you have set.

It's a project, so you can have lots of little goals that you can attain.
when you have questions be as specific as you can :thumbsup: because there's alot of people with alot of info.

There are lots of gain to be had, it just depends if it's enough for you to make the purchase..... and will it satisfy your goal? :)

feeling rather philisophical today ahhaha

tanghy
09-05-2004, 11:52 AM
first answer this quesiton: what's your budget?

2DR33M
13-05-2004, 10:04 AM
budget ???

can we say... broke right now LOL

but yeah... thanks everyone, i have either one or two things i wanna do

1} Vtec conversion, cause i jusat love drivng them.....or
2} Bolt on turbo set up

im not sure as yet, but i already know every aspect of how to go about the turbo option.

Rufes1
13-05-2004, 09:41 PM
go a bolt on turbo kit from the u.s (possibly the greedy one if the make it for your model) Depending on how well your engine responds to boost, piggypack the ecu, remapping it all, electronic boost controller, bigger injectors and expect 70 - 80% power gains.

Keep in mind this is a massive generalisation as I have no idea whether your engine can handle boost at all (i very much doubt it could handle above 10psi on a daily basis in any case)

Weq has done the exact same setup, and has more than doubled his original power with those mods (+ zaust)

2DR33M
14-05-2004, 06:24 PM
yeah TurboKits.com have an awesome kit made for my car that will run 7-8 Psi all day everyday, as a straigt bolt on kit to my motor. So i think with some internal work i could squeeze 10-12 Psi if im lucky for those special days/nights out :p

hhhmmm... so many options

i will keep doing my research

b16a_integra
14-05-2004, 09:57 PM
i just did a JDM conversion B16A baby...:)
theres another member on here with a LS with a b18c.

im maikn my own turbo kit soon. :)

mooshie
15-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Yeah there is also someone who has a b20+VTEC. there are plenty of things you can do just search and find out, educate yourself first and decide what you are after then find out how and do it. I took two years to decide on the conversion because i think its a better base for continuing mods and improvements