PDA

View Full Version : steam/smoke from honda engines

FRANKENcivic
20-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I have noticed lately (now with colder weather) that my EK civic exhales more steam than other cars on the road, specially at night or in the mornings. I have noted other honda's seem to be similar too. Mine does not produce that much smoke to say s@#* look at that car, but any tips to lower amount of steam coming out of the exhaust or any explanations as to why so much?? does this mean my OEM exhaust set up is stuffed?

FastFwd
20-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Frankencivic - did you meen the condensation when its cold in the morning?

the only reason i could give you that honda's would produce more than other cars is that all honda motors in general e.g bikes cars even lawn mowers run hotter that other motors.

this would create more 'steem' as to say because it would be hotter.

FRANKENcivic
20-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Frankencivic - did you meen the condensation when its cold in the morning?

the only reason i could give you that honda's would produce more than other cars is that all honda motors in general e.g bikes cars even lawn mowers run hotter that other motors.

this would create more 'steem' as to say because it would be hotter.
Thanks FastFwd, yeh i believe its condensation also.. is the a way to reduce or eliminate this??

FastFwd
20-06-2006, 12:30 PM
frankencivic im not to sure. i've always had a larger exhaust system and ive never seemed to have this problem. im not saying go buy an exhaust system to fix this problem because this might not be the case but ive got a 3 inch mandrel bend from turbo back now and i dont have this problem at all. when i had my 2.5inch when it was NA i had it slightly...

yourfather
20-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks FastFwd, yeh i believe its condensation also.. is the a way to reduce or eliminate this??
live in a world where there is no water vapour in the air...

seriously, doesnt make a lick of difference dude. If that's a 'problem' you have with your car, then the car is doing ok then :D

FastFwd
20-06-2006, 01:54 PM
'Yourfather' i think he knows that.

he just want to know if there is a way for this to be rectified.

FRANKENcivic
20-06-2006, 04:31 PM
'Yourfather' i think he knows that.

he just want to know if there is a way for this to be rectified.
cheers FastFwd.... Yeh im aware of that one "yourfather" its like putting 2 & 2 together... I just want some advise or ways of cutting back on this steaming effect, would it be better with a higher flow cat?

badthing
20-06-2006, 05:01 PM
hey frankencivic, i get a lot of steam coming out of my euro too. looks like it's having a couple of ciggies (coz of the dual exhausts). i think it's just the cold air.

FRANKENcivic
20-06-2006, 06:23 PM
hey frankencivic, i get a lot of steam coming out of my euro too. looks like it's having a couple of ciggies (coz of the dual exhausts). i think it's just the cold air.
lol couple of ciggies:cool:... hmmm then mine looks like its smoking a freakin cuban ciggar then !! plenty of smoke.. (btw. wish i had dual exhst)

Spunkymonkey
22-06-2006, 09:37 PM
perhaps you should just warm your car a bit more before you head off. So it just gets the condensation whilst parked in your driveway....its normal so don't be too concerned about it. :)

fatboyz39
25-06-2006, 08:33 AM
nothing to worry, once its warmed up there shouldn't be any smoke.

Limbo
25-06-2006, 10:00 AM
do you park your car on grass?
If its warmed and it still smoking then you got a problem, but otherwise its fine. Other cars you see are prob warmed and have their car garaged.
Or you might have a hole in you exhaust that is letting in water.... had this happen in my other car

FRANKENcivic
26-06-2006, 12:21 PM
do you park your car on grass?
If its warmed and it still smoking then you got a problem, but otherwise its fine. Other cars you see are prob warmed and have their car garaged.
Or you might have a hole in you exhaust that is letting in water.... had this happen in my other car

Yep, sometimes i do leave it onthe grass when feeling lazy! lol. does this have an affect?? also the exhaust is fine, no cracks or leaks..

Limbo
26-06-2006, 02:29 PM
yeah there is more moisture on the grass, thus this gets in you exhaust. You prob notice more steam if you park on grass than on concrete.

Weather has been quite wet lately so that also adds to your problem.