PDA

View Full Version : EG Civic - Hard Wire Windows? (Power Windows work with out key turned)

Sexc86
20-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Hey guys

Wanting to hardwire my windows in the not so near future, and im wondering if a few people out there can answer a few questions for me? Possibly have people done this before?

Firstly are all 4 windows on the same circuit? and do they run through the same fuse ?

Is the fuse for this located in the main fuse board under the driver seat?

What is the Colour code of the Feed for the power windows? and where would be the easiest place to access it to disconnect from the ignition and wire in a hard active?

Please let me know if you have any advice or suggestions?

Zdster
20-06-2006, 06:02 PM
This topic has been covered, however, yes people have done it and it is not that difficult. All you really need to do is find a wire under the dash that has constant power to it and tap into the wire.

You will need to run another fuse (ie an inline fuse) and the easiest way is to run it without going through the fuse board.

If you cant be bothered doing it yourself, take it to an autoelectrician and they will easily be able to sort it out for you.

Sexc86
20-06-2006, 06:11 PM
mmm i would rather find the feed before the factory fuse and wire in a hard active. does anyone know an easily accessible place to access this cable? or a colour code of it? does it go back to the ECU before the Fuse box?

CRXer
20-06-2006, 06:23 PM
See this thread

Windows always powered (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42765)

Easiest way is just pull out the power window relay & bridge the 2 wires/terminals it controls with the same guage of wire(about 40A).
The ignition just closes this relay supplying power to the windows.

BTW relay should be either plugged into under dash fuse box or hanging close by.

adza33
22-06-2006, 12:12 PM
each windows is individually fused as there is quite a load travelling through them, dunno why really, but just look at how it affects your revs when u use ur windows while the engine is idling.... they way im going to do it is by tapping it in on the accessory switch, that way it will be alot easier and it wont be always connected to the battery. ie over night and stuff..

Adam