PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Slave Cylinder Adjustment?

T-onedc2
20-06-2006, 09:09 PM
I've had a search and found some useful info but one thing is missing.

On a DC2 is it possible to adjust the pin which pushes out to disengage the clutch by turning it anti-clockwise to give the clutch fork more travel?

Also my clutch was replaced approx. 3 months ago and I think this slave cylinder pin could have been adjusted too finely.

I did use this kind of adjustment on my old Corolla (which had a hydraulic clutch also) and it fixed the problem of first gear not engaging.

-Tyson

aaronng
20-06-2006, 09:50 PM
From what I see on the clutch slave cyllinder overhaul diagram, the pin doesn't come out further if you turn it anti-clockwise. Why not bleed your clutch slzve cylinder in case you have an air bubble.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5302/s6m2e01e34116317081laad017xi.jpg

T-onedc2
21-06-2006, 08:03 AM
I have the workshop manual for all the instructions I need etc, my slave cylinder looks a little different but should still work the same, I'll have a go and see what happens. Thanks mate.

BTW. that new avatar is way too scary man ROFL

aaronng
21-06-2006, 10:41 AM
LOLOL, changed it to another pic. Same person, just as gay but not as sexy :D

T-onedc2
21-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Ok I'll tell you what happenned, I was driving the other night, took off flat chat in first gear, changed to second but miss-shifted and ground the gears, let it out then in and was ok (but I was quite ham-fisted with the shift and felt like I could've bent something) until I stopped at next set of lights and went to use first gear again and couldn't get it in.
It actually feels like I bent something like a selector fork as every other gear is fine, although reverse is not quite the same either, I think they both share the same selector fork.

Any thoughts?

aaronng
21-06-2006, 05:34 PM
If you ground it but didn't force it in, then it shouldn't be bent. I think you just wore your synchros out super quick. Try this: Car stopped. Press clutch in and count to 3. Put the stick into 1st. If it goes in, it's your synchros.

jdm_kid
28-06-2006, 10:24 AM
If you ground it but didn't force it in, then it shouldn't be bent. I think you just wore your synchros out super quick. Try this: Car stopped. Press clutch in and count to 3. Put the stick into 1st. If it goes in, it's your synchros.

what happen if it doesnt go in ?