PDA

View Full Version : CD5 AUDM & USDM Seats

SMEAGLE
20-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi guys,

Just a question.

Does anyone know if the seats in the AUDM CD5 Accord is the same as the USDM CD5 Accord. Like, is the brackets for the seats in both of the models the same or will the USDM bracket be different to the Australian.

Reason why I ask is because this guy in the US is making brackets for my aftermarket seats and he has blueprints for the brackets for the USDM model. I just want to make sure they will fit before I buy them

cheers.

SiReal
22-06-2006, 12:27 PM
hey mate, i can't give u a definate answer, but find out if the accords are both made in the same country of origin (i.e. Japan) . Only the coupes from what i know were made in the states, but they should still follow the same floorpan of the 4dr to allow easy interchangeablility of parts and easy of repair and maintenance.

My guess is that they would be the same. Maybe grab a copy of the vin number and if the aussie one says JHMC (Japan Honda Motor compnay) at the beginning and the US one as well, then you can be sure they were both made in Japan. Why would Honda put different rails in the same car? It would not be cost effective and only complicate things more.

Also, just measure you're own seat rails, and ask him to make a measurement of his design, and if they are the same, then thats good for you!

But don't take my word for it.