PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this problem?? On EM1

DEFNYA
22-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Just a quickie guys i have a feeling its my exhaust or cat.

Car has lost a lot of power all of a sudden, has flat spots through out the rev range, air filters clean, plugs, oil, filters all just been done.

Feels like something is restricting the car, still can hear vtec engage but no ooomph like before.

Any ideas? blocked or blown cat?? there is a rattle which sounds like broken pieces in my rear muffler havent checked the cat yet

Im running xforce 4-2-1s stock cat, resi and cannon on the back

please help!!

destrukshn
22-06-2006, 08:33 AM
do you hear rattles in the exhaust?

change your fuel filter, and clean you injectors.

DEFNYA
22-06-2006, 08:56 AM
only when backing off, slight rattle in exhaust

tRipitaka
22-06-2006, 08:58 AM
spark plug leads ?

rocky_b
22-06-2006, 10:12 AM
your stock cat maybe gone man melted with chunks inside and blocking air flow. mine did that. so now i gots the highflow catco. :thumbsup:

btw the rattling is a bitch!

destrukshn
22-06-2006, 10:13 AM
get under neath the car when it's cold, and start tapping your exhaust, cat, muffler, piping, see if you can hear anything moving in there.

BlitZ
22-06-2006, 10:42 AM
i would check spark plugs and spark plug leads... (the most comon isue with flat spots).

i wouldnt bother with zorst.. you zorst would need to be almost completly blocked for it to have crazy noticeable effect

bennjamin
22-06-2006, 10:52 AM
i wouldnt bother with zorst.. you zorst would need to be almost completly blocked for it to have crazy noticeable effect

IF your cat has collapsed , then the "zorst" will be almost blocked...

BTW check your grounds (thick wires that connect to the cam-cover/radiator support , gearbox/chassis etc) - and check that your distributor is providing full spark (might be faulty at certain rpms giving flat spots)...might be the ignitor coil or ignitier module or even the dizzy cap or rotor

Also try a ECU check to see if there is a fault in the electrical system somewhere - CLICK HERE TO DIY ECU TEST La! (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8218)

destrukshn
22-06-2006, 10:57 AM
eh not quite, my cat has failed on me numerous of times, and was not completly blocked, still ran, ran like shit though, and was full of flat spots.

ap
22-06-2006, 01:09 PM
could be your oxygen sensor

destrukshn
22-06-2006, 01:10 PM
if it was his o2 sensor.. it should pop up with a check engine light, shouldn't it? sure did on my car.
lol.

DEFNYA
23-06-2006, 10:16 AM
thanks for the info guys, im pretty sure it is the exhaust/cat checked everything else, just gives me an excuse to put a new exhaust on it now lol...
already have to xforce headers, so might as well go the whole xforce system with hi flow cat :)

DEFNYA
27-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Just a quickie guys just thought id let you know that the problem was in the cat, it was blocked, so seeing as i had the xforce headers on already...i put on an xforce hi flow cat and full xforce exhaust system woohoo a full stainless system from the manifold back, reset the ecu let it idle for a while hopped in the car and my power was back..but with a lil more :)