PDA

View Full Version : Chrome wheel can cause tyre to lose air :!:

Civic Si
26-09-2003, 09:56 PM
I've been experiencing a NSF tyre slightly runnin flat for a while now. :?

Due to it not being punctured, I chucked my Chrome wheel and tyre into a water bath to check for air leaking? While submerged bubbles slowly appeared where da wheel meets da tyre..bead seat :?:

I was only goin to clean da excess rubber at da bead seat of the rim.
But after removing da tyre from da rim and the evidence was clear as! :shock:

Corrosion of the chrome wheel has created bubbling and cracking of da chrome randomly all ova da width of the wheel especially the spot where da air was leaking.

Apparently I was then told that bubbling and cracking is common with Chrome wheels. So to all pplz with Chrome rims on their Honda be careful cause they may look good, but can also cause heaps of trouble too!

This won't happen to all ppl with Chrome rims, but I was just one of the unlucky one's. :(

wynode
26-09-2003, 10:47 PM
*Down with Chromies* :thumbsdown:

Setanta
27-09-2003, 05:51 AM
I always knew there was a reason other than anti-rice for not getting chrome :lol:

poid
27-09-2003, 10:12 AM
If they are cheap chromies, well that's why they are cheap...

Civic Si
27-09-2003, 10:22 AM
If they are cheap chromies, well that's why they are cheap...

The current Chrome wheels came with the Civic when I bought it. These ASA wheels are licenced by BBS, so I wouldn't think they'd be cheap rims? I have no idea if they're were cheap or not!

If I had the money, I'd get 16" forged rims now :!: :D

vti-2
27-09-2003, 12:24 PM
These ASA wheels are licenced by BBS, so I wouldn't think they'd be cheap rims?

You'll be surprised... one of my friend's had Momo Sports, worse wheels EVER. The wheels warped twice and another friend found his were buckled (normal daily driving). Both guys updated to other Momo wheels (which were ok) :roll: