PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

zook2fiddy
23-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Hey shawn from tassie here,

how you all going?

I dont have a honda at the moment, but am looking to buy a 89-92 teg LS.

Im not in it for the speed anymore, costs too much, if i were i would have kept my zed. im after fuel ecconomy, a good looking car, reliability and somewith with a good resale, i pointed myself in the way of a honda.

Im as of recent retuned to school, so ecconomy and reliability is something i need more than anything.

i like the tegs, nice looking cars. Does anyone know what i should look for when i travel to melb next month to pick one out?

Also, whats the model code on the LS? ive heard them refered to as Dc9 or something then LS, then gxi....

Plans for it would be, Fit a set of rims, order the body kit from carmate, ive peiced one together there, didnt realise there were so many different body kits in australia for them! tint the windows, add a stereo and modify the interior, and later down the track if i feel the urge for boost, may look into a turbo conversion and the VTEC head, what a combo that would be..... VTECT :p 2 different types of boost :p

In my previous role i was a mechanic, so if you need any help with anything let me know.

Cheers guys,
Shawn

Menzy
23-06-2006, 10:06 AM
sounds good, hehehe welcome brother :)

destrukshn
23-06-2006, 10:33 AM
welcome.
btw, it's a da9.
=)

zook2fiddy
24-06-2006, 07:30 PM
thanks guys.

DA9 eh? saves me refering to it as "the LS"

chunky
24-06-2006, 07:37 PM
sup man

moldy
26-08-2006, 06:54 PM
G'day mate. just letting you know that you're not the only one from tassie!! ive got a 79 civic which i'm learning to fix. look forward to some helpful posts!

moldy.

Dulcinea
26-08-2006, 07:08 PM
hey man, i'm new too. so welcome fellow newbie! buying cars in melbourne is awful. they are so much more expensive here than every other state. i kept finding cars i wanted to buy in sydney and queensland and stuff... stupid melbourne.

nuborn
29-08-2006, 12:18 PM
hey shawn welcome to the site, i'm also a two-headed tasmanian. wierd u say ur looking for fuel economy and then wana put a turbo in ur car, kind of an oxymoron isnt it? neways if u want power and economy i'd go a vtec, i've got a 4th gen prelude vtir and i get an easy 500k's per tank, which i think is good considering i do drive hard.

by the way bronwyn, that is completely untrue about melbourne being the most expensive place for second hand cars, tassie is much worse, i picked up my prelude vtir from st kilda for $10,500 with only 145,000k's on it, down here an Si model prelude wont be advertised under $12,000! with some around $14,000!

James

Dulcinea
29-08-2006, 01:59 PM
yeah, i dunno if the places i looked at had cars from tassie advertised. but definately compared to most of the other states, melb is right up there.

Q_ball
29-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the forums Shawn!
I'm sure your mechanical expertise will be well received here :)

dc2dc2dc2
29-08-2006, 05:20 PM
lol welcome man dc9 ftw ~

timofytit
30-08-2006, 03:52 AM
Good Morning YO!!!